'Selfish' tourists parking campervan on beach (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Not sure if this has been posted on here, but an item about a motorhome parking in Cornwall:

'Selfish' tourists slammed for parking campervan on beach where no cars allowed​

A FAMILY was branded "disgusting" for parking their campervan on a UK beach where cars are banned.

The vehicle was dumped on the sand overnight, angerring locals near Swanpool beach in Falmouth, Cornwall. A sign on the beach reads "No cars on the beach, thank you". Locals said they challenged the family, but they stayed on the beach overnight anyway...

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
Was parking on the beach illegal?

There are far more important things going on in the world. I'm annoyed that I've been drawn into this and am surprised that a national newspaper prints parochial stories like this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Will more than likely upset a few folk with this, but, this year we have been getting a totally different type of "Tourist" here in Cornwall.

The Locals call them "Benidormers", to be quite frank , and before you get on your high horse, it's not the M/Homers I've met!

They are just entitled scum, the Benidormers! tell them to wear a mask? Lattes? No mate! Black or White!, Fish and Chips? We don't do " curry sauce!"? Hey Man! pick up your rubbish and put it in the bin!

That is a cue for a torrent of foul language! A totally different type of Tourist that we usually get! And to be quite frank they are not welcome , not wanted, don't care if we never see them again, and the fervent hope is that overseas travel to the EU, opens up quickly and they all f*** off to where ever that type of behavior is tolerated.

Just saying!

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Almost equally "disgusting" in my opinion is reading the Daily Excess... :rofl:

JJ :cool:
Indeed. I had a look at the comments section for amusement. Apparently the locals should have “ pelted the van with eggs and rocks” . 🙄

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Absolute numpties parking where they did, just gives us all a bad name. There is a car park on the opposite side of the road and a dozen places where they could have parked safely round and about but no they park on a beach where children play then if reports are right are abusive to anyone that advises them they should not park where they did.
Reports also that the van was later seen along the road with a flat tyre, how true that is I cant confirm!

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I have met a lot of disgusting families, none of them were parked on a beach. 🤷‍♂️
Actually, I work in Birmingham so perhaps my post was a bit hasty and stupid. 😬

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Pity the tide did not come in😂😂
Actually, I work in Birmingham so perhaps my post was a bit hasty and stupid. 😬
Combining the 2 quotes, and being a Moody Blues fan for Donkey's years ...

'The Tide Rushes In,
And washes my Castles away,
And I'm really not so sure [m/home reference]
Which side of the bed I should lay ...' [transverse or singles?

:oops: :LOL:

Steve

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading most of the "Comments" on the paper's website. I think they should offer Jim a job as moderator. :LOL:

Gordon
Rule number 1 . Don’t threaten to stone peoples vehicles because you don’t like where they park 😂

Last edited:

Trumpton

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2016
Absolute numpties parking where they did, just gives us all a bad name. There is a car park on the opposite side of the road and a dozen places where they could have parked safely round and about but no they park on a beach where children play then if reports are right are abusive to anyone that advises them they should not park where they did.
Reports also that the van was later seen along the road with a flat tyre, how true that is I cant confirm!
True somehow they had a flat tyre I wonder how that happened????.

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
It seems that North Wales News or North Wales Live has a thing going against MH and camper van owners. Every week stories are published about litter, parking etc. The latest story was about a camper van allegedly parked in a cemetery entrance. No picture. No first hand account. No facts.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Another reason that Aires won't work in UK.They will be trashed in days.There is a certain element in the UK that just can't behave in a civilized way..Just look at the litter that is strewn everywhere.Look at the amount of fly tipping and for some reason many are just rude fowl mouthed and aggressive.Its just things I have never encountered abroad. BUSBY.

Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
The density of traffic in England if far greater than on the Continent and touristy areas like Cornwall in Summer can just not cope with vehicles parking in unauthorised places. Vehucles of any sort on Cornush beaches in Summer is just wrong.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
While agreeing with the thread in general, I can't see by the photo and write up that they were doing any harm, only stayed the night, as far as we know no litter or grey water or anything.

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Maybe next time they will park on the beach at southport. I have seen many a car with the tide lapping at the doors on silverdale beach.
Is there a beach at Southport! I thought it was all sludge.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
This makes a nice change, motor homers not getting the blame for dodgy behaviour in the dunes for once !
IMG-20210810-WA0000.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back