'Selfish' tourists parking campervan on beach (1 Viewer)

Wyvern

Free Member
Nov 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs i7150 esprit
Exp
Since 2018
The level of aggression and entitlement depresses me greatly. It is endemic in our society with rubbish every where. A couple pushing a baby in a pram both eating McDonald burger and chips casually walked through town which is hardly an inner city, just dropping wrapping on the floor leaving a trail of stuff behind them. Challenged them on it by asking very nicely to put stuff in one of the 3 bins they walked past and the women threatened to stab me! Great role models to their young child.

clearly there are some parts of Europe which are not so great but nothing I see rivals the level of mess and aggression I see in our country. No idea what the solution is….not as if the people I saw were on the breadline….well dressed and kitted out.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The level of aggression and entitlement depresses me greatly. It is endemic in our society with rubbish every where. A couple pushing a baby in a pram both eating McDonald burger and chips casually walked through town which is hardly an inner city, just dropping wrapping on the floor leaving a trail of stuff behind them. Challenged them on it by asking very nicely to put stuff in one of the 3 bins they walked past and the women threatened to stab me! Great role models to their young child.

clearly there are some parts of Europe which are not so great but nothing I see rivals the level of mess and aggression I see in our country. No idea what the solution is….not as if the people I saw were on the breadline….well dressed and kitted out.
Manners cost nothing nor politeness..BUSBY.

Trumpton

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2016
It seems that North Wales News or North Wales Live has a thing going against MH and camper van owners. Every week stories are published about litter, parking etc. The latest story was about a camper van allegedly parked in a cemetery entrance. No picture. No first hand account. No facts.
The abusive selfish motorhomer in Cornwall had was filmed and photographed and got what she deserved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
It's well known you get a better class of people at Burger King...

and the aristocracy choose Burger Ranch.

JJ :cool:
Hence the query, 'Oh, Lord, what's this supposed to be?' ... :LOL: Or, as Jasper Carrott used to quip, 'KFC = 'Kan't Find the Chicken ...''

Steve

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Will more than likely upset a few folk with this, but, this year we have been getting a totally different type of "Tourist" here in Cornwall.

The Locals call them "Benidormers", to be quite frank , and before you get on your high horse, it's not the M/Homers I've met!

They are just entitled scum, the Benidormers! tell them to wear a mask? Lattes? No mate! Black or White!, Fish and Chips? We don't do " curry sauce!"? Hey Man! pick up your rubbish and put it in the bin!

That is a cue for a torrent of foul language! A totally different type of Tourist that we usually get! And to be quite frank they are not welcome , not wanted, don't care if we never see them again, and the fervent hope is that overseas travel to the EU, opens up quickly and they all f*** off to where ever that type of behavior is tolerated.

Just saying!
Tell you what?

What would happen if these proper Emmits (I've got my passport stamped after 20yrs down here) were to 'Throw down, deposit, or place' litter in front of the Guarda in Spain.

If they wouldn't, (scared to) do it there, don't do it here.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We must be bad here then as most every travel book you read it seems the French Canadians are legendary with their rudeness. :D
I once went out with a girl whose father was French Canadian.

He was quite a character. My Mum was in some insurance shop one day where he was creating quite a scene demanding reimbursement of his previous years insurance premium because he hadn't made a claim.
:giggle:

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
Not sure if this has been posted on here, but an item about a motorhome parking in Cornwall:

'Selfish' tourists slammed for parking campervan on beach where no cars allowed​

A FAMILY was branded "disgusting" for parking their campervan on a UK beach where cars are banned.

The vehicle was dumped on the sand overnight, angerring locals near Swanpool beach in Falmouth, Cornwall. A sign on the beach reads "No cars on the beach, thank you". Locals said they challenged the family, but they stayed on the beach overnight anyway...

blame it on this morning phil and holly the greedies. and umpteen other programs win this motorhome go whare u like .every add u see its a motorhome at or on a beech all them newbies must be shatterd when they realise you can only stay on a field full of cow shit.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
While agreeing with the thread in general, I can't see by the photo and write up that they were doing any harm, only stayed the night, as far as we know no litter or grey water or anything.
The report in the OP states that cars were banned from the beach which is just where the motorhome stopped overnight.
He was wrong and there should be fixed penalties for those who couldn’t give a 💩 about anyone or anything and just do as they please.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

More police on the streets with on the spot fixed penalty fines.

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
We must be bad here then as most every travel book you read it seems the French Canadians are legendary with their rudeness. :D
They don’t even speak proper French and can be very very rude!! but we beat them in 1759 and most English Speaking Canadians hate them.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The report in the OP states that cars were banned from the beach which is just where the motorhome stopped overnight.
He was wrong and there should be fixed penalties for those who couldn’t give a 💩 about anyone or anything and just do as they please.
As far as we know it says, no cars on the beach please, that doesn't mention any other vehicles, and it doesn't mean they are banned either ,just someone asking cars not to go on the beach.
As far as I can see by that it doesn't mention motorhomes parking on the beach.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've just fifteen minutes ago come home from a dentist appointment in the High St. As I was ten minutes early I sat in the car outside. Three 14 or 15 yr old lads and a girl came out of McDonalds and dropped their paper bags and polystyrene containers on the pavement beside me. As they passed I respectfully suggested that they should put their rubbish in a bin and had to endure a tirade of foul aggressive language as they walked on by.
What an unpleasant world.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
As far as we know it says, no cars on the beach please, that doesn't mention any other vehicles, and it doesn't mean they are banned either ,just someone asking cars not to go on the beach.
OK just ignore it if that suits.
It mentions cars and in the spirit of respect of the request I would consider any motor vehicle is included.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
OK just ignore it if that suits.
It mentions cars and in the spirit of respect of the request I would consider any motor vehicle is included.
I am not starting an argument about this, just stateing the fact, that obviously by the sign, nothing is actually banned, if it is why don't they put a proper sign up and some gates or something.
If it's that easy to get on it's a wonder it isn't over run with vans.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
It's well known you get a better class of people at Burger King...

and the aristocracy choose Burger Ranch.

JJ :cool:
5 guys ..!

Wendy's was good in the USA!

Cheers James

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
While agreeing with the thread in general, I can't see by the photo and write up that they were doing any harm, only stayed the night, as far as we know no litter or grey water or anything.
With respect it’s not for us to comment if they were doing any harm or not. If there was a sign asking people not to park cars on the beach why would they? That it doesn’t say Motorhomes, spaceships, caravans is irrelevant. Be respectful to others.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I am not starting an argument about this, just stateing the fact, that obviously by the sign, nothing is actually banned, if it is why don't they put a proper sign up and some gates or something.
If it's that easy to get on it's a wonder it isn't over run with vans.
Why create barriers for those that respect and adhere to requests just because a few think they know better and ignore a polite request, that is the road to domination by the law.
It’s height barriers and the like that prevent many of us from stopping in some areas for a cuppa.
It’s a good thing the new bill is on its way , perhaps then folk will be encouraged to respect a request.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Come on Chaser if it said no cars and motorhomes would that mean it's ok with a caravan,,BUSBY

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Come on Chaser if it said no cars and motorhomes would that mean it's ok with a caravan,,BUSBY
Well yes, why doesn't it say no vehicles on the beach by order.
Why mess about, it's like don't walk on the grass or don't drop litter please.
Who takes any notice.
I am not saying it's ok or that I would do it, but it obviously isn't law.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Well yes, why doesn't it say no vehicles on the beach by order.
Why mess about, it's like don't walk on the grass or don't drop litter please.
Who takes any notice.
I am not saying it's ok or that I would do it, but it obviously isn't law.
That's what the blonde was trying to explain to the Police Officer after she saw the sign 'Wet Grass' in the Park ... ;) :LOL: She was adamant that it read like an instruction ...

Steve

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Why create barriers for those that respect and adhere to requests just because a few think they know better and ignore a polite request, that is the road to domination by the law.
It’s height barriers and the like that prevent many of us from stopping in some areas for a cuppa.
It’s a good thing the new bill is on its way , perhaps then folk will be encouraged to respect a request.
I doubt it. The new law requires that the landowner or someone acting on their authority makes the request. Then I'd imagine the Police would say wait until morning then ring us if they're still there.

Sep 19, 2018
Falmouth
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
3year
I don't think the impact of this behaviour is fully evident to anyone unfamiliar with the situation on the ground. The offending behaviour was in the same vein as travellers setting up camp on the village green and abusing any objecting locals. Sadly it has disproportionately tarnished the reputation of motor homers already damaged by the small minority who park in recreationally sensitive areas and defecate / litter / behave antisocially. This will simply send a few NIMBY seafront owners into a fit of apoplexy with the result that significant stretches of roadside parking will be banned for all including the large majority who behave very well. Frankly I think it is a testament to decency of the local population that the van managed to reach the Penryn bypass with no more than a flat tyre...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back