Seems to be to good? RESULTS! (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Can I just confirm that these can have co ordinates inputted into them?

They sound a great buy::bigsmile:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Yes they can accept co-ordinates.

I bought one last year (july) and found a couple of problems:

1. The user preferences that I set were not saved on shutdown.

2. Speed warning in the UK was incorrect. You had to be doing 43mph before it warned of speeding in a 30 zone. It was reading the mph as km/h.

3. the maps were nearly 2 years out of date.

1&2 were resolved with a new version of the program. Found on the web

3 was resolved when I found a 2013q1 copy of the maps. Which is newer that the latest version on the maps update website.

I traveled through France last year with it and it performed perfectly.

John

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Used mine for the first time today. The speed warnings were spot on so it looks like that problem has been resolved. I love the large high definition display and also I like the verbal warning 'You are exceeding the speed limit' rather than the warning noise my TomTom makes.
You can set a tolerance for the speed warnings, at present mine is set for no tolerance so doing 30.000001 mph in a 30mph limit will set off the warning. I think I will give myself at least 1mph over.
It also only gives the warning once for each stretch of speed limit so doesn't constantly nag if you're a tiny bit over.
The route I was on was all main road so no weight or height limits on it to test, but others have do so.

I shall keep the TomTom set up so I can use it for the zillions of POIs I have set up. Converting and installing POI files in the new satnav is a bit of a chore, though it does have a lot in it already (has all our local fish & chip shops and there are many of them)

The sound is a bit quiet and I am a bit deaf so will probably take advantage of it transmitting on FM radio so I can irritate any passengers by playing it through the sound system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back