Scottish Site with resident bagpipe player (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Who likes the Scottish Bagpipe ? I don’t mind when they are played in a band but for some reason there is a very loud idiot on the campsite who has decided to regal the whole site with his out of tune practising. Is this fair 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
Who likes the Scottish Bagpipe ? I don’t mind when they are played in a band but for some reason there is a very loud idiot on the campsite who has decided to regal the whole site with his out of tune practising. Is this fair 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
When in Scotland ......I can't stand the noise apart from massed pipes in Scotland (when I'm in England)😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
The guy at Carter’s bar makes a mint !!! Playing for the coach load of tourist same at rannock moor !!!!!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

Yes , I love the bagpipes
Are you sure its the bagpipes and not just the sound of the Scots moaning?:LOL:
If you don’t like the Scottish themes then don’t come.

Byron

Free Member
Jul 12, 2020
North Dorset
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Titaniu
Exp
Coachbuilt
If i was you i would try to steer away from Scotland and the piping Jocks

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Yes , I love the bagpipes

If you don’t like the Scottish themes then don’t come.
I love the Scottish themes, but his interpretation is very poor. I play Northumbrian Pipes so I know bum notes when I hear them.
my Scottish neighbour on the next pitch was apologising for him and threatened to break his reeds.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
This piper has been on the site for ages and nobody's ever complained!. :whistle2:
1600185941610.png

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My favourite instrument is a piano accordion, I had an old one gifted to me and love to play it one day.

Deleted User
I love the Scottish themes, but his interpretation is very poor. I play Northumbrian Pipes so I know bum notes when I hear them.
my Scottish neighbour on the next pitch was apologising for him and threatened to break his reeds.
Lovely instrument to listen too but bl**dy difficult to play well.

Deleted User
My favourite instrument is a piano accordion, I had an old one gifted to me and love to play it one day.
When playing Scottish traditional music I often accompany an accordionist with my guitar and they get upset when I refer to it as a machine.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Are you actually in Scotland?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I was on the banks of Loch Ness about 30 years ago just as the sun was rising. There was a mist over the loch and there was a castle in the distance on the other side from where the most amazing bagpipe music was emanating from.

It was one of my life’s favourite moments.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
My wife’s sisters ex in Australia took his pipes to a camp site in the bush outback to practice. The rest of the site probably had consumed too much 4X to care. He is from my part of West Yorkshire so,why the pipes.
He has re invented hime self since his divorce getting re married at Gretna first. His kids think he is as mad as a box of frogs. I think he is great only because there is new daft trick every time we go there.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I used to have a school holiday job at Gretna Green, the Piper was always complaining about the foreign coins in his collecting tin, but never offered me them !
I think the German word for bagpipes, Dudelsack has a certain charm to it ?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I’ve worked at a few events where the Red Hot Chilli Pipers were playing. Amazing sound.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back