Rally Chat Scotland Rally (4 Viewers)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Our problem is that at the moment we don't have a date for pick up of the new van ...... at the start of May we are "down south" and intending to have two or three weeks in Devon but if the dates work we will make sure we are in Falkirk for the last weekend of May :)

How do people feel about October / November for a Kelso meet?

Did you down south for your new van?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
we are hoping to early retire at the end of June. Then do the NC500 and then head to France and Spain for 2 to 3 months before Christmas. So very interested in this if it fits with that timescale ie Scotland in either August or September.
What he said.

It will have to be an Autmn visit for us, like the idea of a tour though

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi.. I'll add my thoughts.. I've already told Sandra what I think ..
Reckon it's just a logistical nightmare trying to organise any size gathering to do the nc 500 route..ie the time people have,the time they plan to take doing it,the different attractions people want to concentrate on etc..

Just reading the thread loads want to do it but everyone has different dates in mind..
Think it would be best for Sandra to organise a Falkirk wheel meet and publish the dates...
Then let's see how many plan to do the nc500 around that time...and maybe sort out a trip or whatever between themselves...either before Falkirk or after....

I did it this year... 5 vans involved.. 2 did it in 3 days..1 did their own thing and decided to take in Orkney
Leaving 2 of us to go round in a week...which still wasn't long enough..

Might also be a good idea if folk who have done it say what sites they used (if any).. may help those who want to do it, plan their journey..
Here's the 3 sites I used..

1.started off at Arisaig silver sands tel no 01687450269
P/c PH394NT lovely surroundings..worth a day or so to explore the beaches in the area
2. Sands caravan&camping at Gairloch ..great pitches by the dunes and a beach.
3. Grannies Heilan Hame Holiday park.. by Embo beach..
P/c IV253QD... although quite a commercial site with bars and entertainment it has some lovely pitches right down by the small pier and beach... camp fire on beach ,dolphins off the beach early morning... just lovely..

Another must do IMHO. .is a stop off at Durness for long enough to visit Cape wrath...you may need to book the small boat that takes you across the kyle. (And I can't find the lads tel number at min ) worth the time, as is a visit to smoo cave which is same area.. There is a camp site well suited for these trips at sango sands but a beautiful area to wild camp in if only a couple vans...
I hope those not familiar with Scotland get the idea...
I haven't covered the scenic cattle pass route to Applecross ...which again is worth the effort providing the weather is kind.. and don't be put off doing it ...If you have driven in the lakes on some of their roads you will find it easy lol..
The east side is more castles and archeology if that's your thing..
Enough for now... I'm boring myself...but hopefully food for thought...
Ta Andy. ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just wondered as we found an Adria dealer near us just outside Musselburgh.

We didn't find anyone who could match the deal we are getting from Geoff Cox...... plus Phil and Gavin were very helpful when we were looking, nothing was too much trouble and they have stayed in touch since the order was placed asking of we had any more questions, did we need anything measuring, double checking where we wanted the extra power points........ I just hope they are the same once we are on the road and they have been paid!

Our van is a special order as it will be adapted for us, they checked the VAT position (it's not VAT free as a whole but some of the adaptations are if they are dealt with as adaptations after purchase to alter for Martin's disability - a complex way of doing it but will save us a few bob). They have also been upfront that we can cancel at any time and told us about the new legislation for rejecting goods that are not fit for purpose.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi:, Thanks Andy for the info, and your suggestion for another meet up at Falkirk sounds grand, the one last year was great, the company even greater, even though the weather wasn't, a good time was had by all. :cheers:Mew and Mick

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi :hi:, Thanks Andy for the info, and your suggestion for another meet up at Falkirk sounds grand, the one last year was great, the company even greater, even though the weather wasn't, a good time was had by all. :cheers:Mew and Mick
Hi Mew Mick..hope all is well..
The Falkirk meet wasn't my suggestion that's Sandra brain child ... and I'm sure she will progress that when she returns from her holiday...
I'm trying not to put a downer on her wish to run an nc 500 trip to combine with falkirk ,and was just voicing my thoughts on it in the post above... We will find out what her thoughts and plans are shortly...
I'm not sure where I'll be this year at ... I'm thinking north Cape or Orkney and Shetland , had hoped to visit Spain Portugal again but that's looking less likely ...so may be away for Falkirk. .
Ta Andy

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi Andy, sorry I got it wrong about the Falkirk meet, just me having a senior moment or a dumb blonde one. I'll watch out for Sandra's threads, hope you have a good time in Orkney and Shetland if
you go, and the same goes for Spain and Portugal. We were hoping to get to Portugal last year when we were in France and Spain but didn't have enough time , so we are hoping to make it this year with a bit of luck.(y).
:cheers: Mew and Mick

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We've got very specific dates of 14th - 28th May
Got other trips planned before and afterwards
Hi Robert , we would be happy to join a tour on these dates, I imagine a few like minded people covering the tour in a relaxed manner with the simple criteria of booking/staying at the same site each night.

Once the sites are decided it would be upto the individual to book themselves in,therefore,there is no onus on any one individual/organiser.

Hopefully,in a relaxed atmosphere most would go with the flow and we would all find our comfort zone within a matter of days.

We would be travelling up from Spain and are happy to commit.

Brian.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Robert , we would be happy to join a tour on these dates, I imagine a few like minded people covering the tour in a relaxed manner with the simple criteria of booking/staying at the same site each night.

Once the sites are decided it would be upto the individual to book themselves in,therefore,there is no onus on any one individual/organiser.

Hopefully,in a relaxed atmosphere most would go with the flow and we would all find our comfort zone within a matter of days.

We would be travelling up from Spain and are happy to commit.

Brian.
Hi Brian
Would be happy to share our itinerary with you and anyone else who's interested.
Out starting date in Sussex on 14th May is fixed, as is our return date of 28th.
A bit closer to the time, please drop me a PM and I'll send you my route and stops.

Regards
Robert

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We're committed ! Just ordered the Itinary/Route members@northcoast500.com.

£15.00 and it offers discounts along the way so will probably pay for itself,also how else would you know where the actual route is exactly?

Will be stopping off in Fort William for the SSDT on the way up,did it for 7 years,great memories and some of the best people I have had the pleasure to be in the company of.

Brian.

Moragm

Free Member
Jun 2, 2014
HATTON PETERHEAD
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi just reading the posts on organising a Scottish rally. Not sure if anything organised yet but we would definitely be interested in joining funsters at the Falkirk Wheel if going ahead. Would be great to put faces to names of people on this forum! Morag & William

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm just waiting on a few people getting back to me, but I'm planning on a 3 wk May tour of NC500, with a mixture of campsites and for those wishing to, wilding in between. Finishing at The Falkirk Wheel

Hi - I'm in Scotland during April with friends, but I want to stay on through May, so very interested in what your plans will be so I can plan to meet up with you all. We're finishing up in Skye, before my friends have to head off home.
I'll keep watching the thread for info.
cheers

Flying Fifer

Free Member
Apr 24, 2015
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Renault Lunar H622
Exp
2014 (camper/ caravanner since 1990's)
Can I suggest round about Stirling area or Aberdeenshire area. Many poeole do not visit the Shire & there is nice places in that area. Just another place to throw in the chat.

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Has this idea been dropped, as we are interested, but need to get planning, as as our sons like to use the van with the grandchildren during school holidays.
Lee

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi @irnbru
Can you please confirm if this event is 'in planning' or has been shelved?
Thanks
Robert

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Trying to organize sites for NC500 is proving to be too difficult so we have decided just to do what we do best and wildcamp our way around. If anyone wants to tag along in May then pm me. I will still be organizing Falkirk in the coming weeks.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just been flicking through the March issue of the C&cc mag - don't usually bother but we are determined to try some of the THS's this year as they seem great value......anyway....noticed this along with a pic of The Kelpies

"A range of events celebrating Scotland's iconic buildings & architects is set to tempt tourists to visit the country this year.

More than 400 events & exhibitions will take place during the Festival of Architecture. NHighlights include a Minecraft challenge in Dundee, thebcreation of a new walking route around Stirling Castle, and an exhibition about cities in science fiction in Glasgow's Lighthouse.

The festival kicks of this month with Hinterland, a son-et-lumiere installation at St Peter's Seminary, an abandoned monestery in Cardross, and ends in October with a lantern festival at the Helix in Falkirk, home of the Kelpies.

See www.foa2016.com for full info"

Also like the sound of a new 5 day event - www.thenip.scot
Festival in and around Inverness & includes whisky & gin tastings, masterclasses, city tours, live music & great food. Closes with a ceilidh at Bogbain Farm where distillers will be sharing their wares. 29 Mar-2 Apr

Just seems to be lots of folk heading up to Scotland & thought some might be of interest:)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It's a shame I can't do Scotland this year as I've already committed to a West Country tour. Just hope there's something next year (2017) as I'm planning on being up there May to July :D

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Several clubs hold rallies at the Recreation field in Pitlochry.I have booked in the past for car event, had over 150 Mx5's, motorbikes, stalls and a huge marque. Toilets onsite, running water and elsan disposal.
Only 5 minute walk into town with all the pubs,shops and eateries.
Very easy access ,just of the A9 and usually free from midges too !!

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Several clubs hold rallies at the Recreation field in Pitlochry.I have booked in the past for car event, had over 150 Mx5's, motorbikes, stalls and a huge marque. Toilets onsite, running water and elsan disposal.
I wouldbe interested in this location if you have further info. Was thinking of having a new year meet here. We had a blast at hogmanay

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Problems now with the Pitlochry field - they have out the price up and you have to hire a portable container for disposal of toilet waste!! All thanks to a jobsworth who was inspecting the building of a playpark last year whilst the C&CC had a temporary holiday site there. MCC and C&CC have cancelled all their events there for this year. Shame because it is a lovely spot.

Heather 33399

Free Member
May 23, 2016
Comrie.Scotland
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Forever!!!!
Hello....Ive just joined..I live in Perthshire so would like some Scottish meets to join in!!.I believe Loch Latrine has got motorhome places set aside now so would be good to meet up there...at the place where Walter Scott boat leaves from.....so I've been told!!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hello....Ive just joined..I live in Perthshire so would like some Scottish meets to join in!!.I believe Loch Latrine has got motorhome places set aside now so would be good to meet up there...at the place where Walter Scott boat leaves from.....so I've been told!!

Is that Loch Katrine Heather?
I imagine they are there to encourage MH to take a trip in the boat, I dont recall the car park being very big.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back