Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I kind of agree with you keith to a point, as in if 20vans attended your field would be a bargain but if any number over 80 wanted to come then the field would also be a rip off. I have emailed her back asking if they can do it per unit per night.I will let you know the answer.

But only £800 instead of your figure of over £2,000, and there would be a reduction for a greater number. At £2,500 a 100 vans would be £25 each

Another point, do they have all facilities that we motorhomers need for dumping etc.?

By the way it's not my field, I only live here and asked how the site would work for a rally.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Puddleduck is now sorting out one for that area. Kelso I believe :)

Just back today but will be back in touch with the showground next week :) A lot will depend on what else they have booked in as to dates and costs.

I do have a back-up plan should the showground not be available for when we want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
But only £800 instead of your figure of over £2,000, and there would be a reduction for a greater number. At £2,500 a 100 vans would be £25 each

Another point, do they have all facilities that we motorhomers need for dumping etc.?

By the way it's not my field, I only live here and asked how the site would work for a rally.
I know it's not your field just a figure of speech, my main point was even though I agree the field in Dumfries is expensive the one you mention could actually work out more expensive, as you have pointed out it would be £800 for 80 vans per night work out about the same price so maybe although it's expensive rip off might be the wrong word. As for facilities it has all we would need apart from hook up although they can supply if needed but didn't enquire about price.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I know it's not your field just a figure of speech, my main point was even though I agree the field in Dumfries is expensive the one you mention could actually work out more expensive, as you have pointed out it would be £800 for 80 vans per night work out about the same price so maybe although it's expensive rip off might be the wrong word. As for facilities it has all we would need apart from hook up although they can supply if needed but didn't enquire about price.
I see, I guess you were meaning that cost was for the weekend, so I misunderstood it then, sorry. :rolleyes:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
..... so where are we at with 'planning' the MHF Worldwide Tour of Scotland then? Any dates/ locations decided (or definitely available)? Do we even have a specific year in mind? (this year, next year ..... )
I have withdrawal symptoms - we've only done 2 nights north of the border this year :eek::eek::eek:
thistle2.jpg

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Next year for sure we will have a few rallies but not a tour unless theres more volunteers to organise the meets. :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Next year for sure we will have a few rallies but not a tour unless theres more volunteers to organise the meets. :)
Thanks @irnbru - I'm sure a few of us sassanachs will be joining the dots :LOL:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
@irnbru Hi Sandra, are you back yet or still fighting with the locals at the street markets?

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Sandra, and mother.

There I was about to send you a mail but you limit who can contact you, very sensible (y)
However to the point, there I was happily sitting by Loch Lomond and along comes a guy to chat, staying long etc etc, we are here most weekends he says, usually a couple of others also, Sandra and her mother :whistle: Small world eh, if I remember correctly was it Ian and Mark and families.
Take care, have fun.

Norman.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Guys
Have any firm plans been made?
If not, would anybody fancy doing the North Coast 500, there is a suggested route on their website, together with campsites.
Regards
Robert

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Not managed to get anywhere and the showground in Kelso has been badly affected by floods :(

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi Guys
If not, would anybody fancy doing the North Coast 500, there is a suggested route on their website, together with campsites.
Regards
Robert
You got a link for their website, Robert? Or have I been a blind bu****, again?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You got a link for their website, Robert? Or have I been a blind bu****, again?
Hi Gellyneck
Here is a link to their homepage
Broken Link Removed

And here is a link to the suggested itinerary for campers
http://www.northcoast500.com/itinerary/happy-campers.aspx

Its a 5 day suggested route, but this could be extended to suit no doubt, with maybe some pub stops or similar 'non camp sites'

Hope this helps

Regards
Robert

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Guys
Regards
Robert
Depending when we are thinking of doing this next year.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We're planning a trip to the Alps early to middle of June, so might manage a long weekend beforehand. Will keep an eye on thread for updates, unless someone starts a thread for the NC500

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I'm making enquiries with my farming friends to see if they have a field we could use at some point. Probably after harvest next year so would be October time if that would be of use.

This is assuming we have not sold and moved before then :)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Just saying plan is to spend a couple of months touring round Scotland mid September onwards 2016 so will keep looking at this.
Cheers

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We could also have an informal meet at one or more of the aires :)

I'm not sure how the aire at Hawick has fared with the floods as it is near where the worst flooding is, however clean up is underway and I am sure the town would welcome any visitors and their money next year - as would Jedburgh which has also had flooding.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back