Sanef Toll Tag for France, Spain & Portugal (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
upload_2017-11-4_4-42-43.png

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Just had my e mail announcing it as well. Will definitely be getting one. They just make life so much easier, no getting stuck between the doors and ticket machines. No dropping money or credit card and no leaving change in the machine because you have an irate driver behind you. Worth the small fee. We haven’t stuck our tag on the windscreen it just gets held in place as we go through the toll, I know that’s difficult if solo but it keeps it out of the way of the dash cam and sliding blinds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Bought my Spain's one this morning ,found the French one removed in my eyes the most stressful part of a French holiday and As we are dipping a toe into Spain as well next year this is a god send (y)

Deleted User
Received the notification and about to send off, as I read it, it looks like it is a separate Tag and a separate account, however, all conveniently managed by Sanef, is that how you read it?

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Yes. Agree. This means it does cost more as effectively have to register and pay again. Overall cost I think is worth it though as find it difficult sometimes to get close enough with M/Home to pay station and invariably are between upper and lower slots which means a scramble out of the door. For the less nimble like myself I am happy to pay to avoid all of this.
Someone will probably find a cheaper way of doing it but I like the way it is all managed for me as well and was just a click or 2 to pay and register for this additional one.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I still regret the €10 whipped away by the wind between fingers and slot.
A tag will be first on the list for the next trip to Spain. (We already have the French one)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Received the notification and about to send off, as I read it, it looks like it is a separate Tag and a separate account, however, all conveniently managed by Sanef, is that how you read it?
Yep that’s how I understand it , Sanef have managed my French tag very effectively so I have no doubt they can manage this one (y)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Ordered mine today - used the French one lots last month - great to just slow down & go through the 30 lane when applicable :)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Don't think I'm going to bother as we don't use many tolls in Spain and the ones we use don't cost much anyway, think it might be useful in Portugal if you go there a lot as the tolls are a pain there according to reports from past threads however we don't venture there often and try not to use the toll roads if we do.
We use the French tag a lot which is great.(y)(y)

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
To be honest it’s not the cost @Speve more the convenience. Just not having the hassle of the acrobatics required to get the ticket/money/ motorhome and me all in the right place without doing myself a mischief! I found in the end that even for smaller amounts in Spain it was often easier to use a card. Also some of the toll stretches are short and the peage stations frequent so that’s when I think it will be most useful.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It is a pity there cannot be one system for all Europe but there is a huge difference in operation between the likes of France which have toll booths and the likes of Austria, Czech Rep. which have boxes and gantries, and Poland which has both - booths on e.g. the A4, for all vehicles, operated by the toll-road builder, and the box system and gantries on other major roads and M/Ways(only for over 3.5t)

I checked this morning on our route from Besancon in SE France to Katowice, as Basia thought we might be quicker going through Czech and paying for the box, rather than via Dresden. It turned out that there was 1km difference and the Czech route would be 20 mins. longer. So the Germany route, without the hassle of buying a box and returning it, still wins. I know about the German government proposal to charge foreign vehicles for transit, but is being challenged in the European Court, and is not a very high proposed charge for a few days.

Geoff

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
the cost @Speve more the convenience. Just not having the hassle of the acrobatics required to get the ticket/money/ motorhome and me all in the right place
I quite agree but as our van is LHD its not such a problem and the cost of the tag and the two months fee would be more than we spend on tolls in Spain anyway.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
It is a pity there cannot be one system for all Europe but there is a huge difference in operation between the likes of France which have toll booths and the likes of Austria, Czech Rep. which have boxes and gantries, and Poland which has both - booths on e.g. the A4, for all vehicles, operated by the toll-road builder, and the box system and gantries on other major roads and M/Ways(only for over 3.5t)

I checked this morning on our route from Besancon in SE France to Katowice, as Basia thought we might be quicker going through Czech and paying for the box, rather than via Dresden. It turned out that there was 1km difference and the Czech route would be 20 mins. longer. So the Germany route, without the hassle of buying a box and returning it, still wins. I know about the German government proposal to charge foreign vehicles for transit, but is being challenged in the European Court, and is not a very high proposed charge for a few days.

Geoff
I had a Czech box, but was unable to find anywhere to hand it back just before leaving the country, travelling in the direction towards Dresden

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Browsing the Sanef website it states vehicle must be less than 3m high and under 3500kg, height is OK on my van but I am uplated from 3500 to 3850kg. So how's do others work around this?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
It’s Sanef tolling you need. Will try to attach part of e mail I was sent this morning with contact details

Attachments

• 7CFCE7CA-32E9-4EBC-9F29-BC11DDC3A347.png
    7CFCE7CA-32E9-4EBC-9F29-BC11DDC3A347.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Browsing the Sanef website it states vehicle must be less than 3m high and under 3500kg, height is OK on my van but I am uplated from 3500 to 3850kg. So how's do others work around this?

Lie ?:whistle:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Stewart J There will be others that say don't do it however it's your risk we've had one for four years now and have a 4250kg van towing a trailer and have never had a problem.
Expect we'll get stopped next trip now I've said that.
You knows the risk you takes the chance lots of us do.

Buzzybender

Free Member
Mar 18, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Imala 625.
Exp
I'm a newbie
Don't forget if your motorhome is over 3 meters high, even a tiny fraction ( Auto-trail ) the French tag will not work.
I got caught out . Lets you in, lazer cameras measure height, wont let you out, caused mayhem.

Sep 6, 2009
shropshire
Funster No
MH
Intergratedq
Exp
since 2003
The new tag for Spain and Portugal works fine we have used it across both countries and it works fine and much quicker than our French one.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I still regret the €10 whipped away by the wind between fingers and slot.
I think over the last few years Sanef has cost me a few lost tenners, whipped out of my bank account! But I agree, it does remove the major stress of tolls. Have yet to think about doing the Spanish/Portugal tag. Don't go to Spain much, wifey don't like it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back