ROI Ireland

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by rambler, Aug 24, 2009.

1. rambler

rambler

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know about deals to the republic from Holyhead, last year £176 this year am being quoted £348 16th Oct - 25th

TIA

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +23,522
    dont know where you are in the northwest but maybe cheaper to go to northern ireland and drive down south.....

never been so i'm not sure:Doh:

stranraer to belfast = £240 return in october

£100 buys quite a lot of diesel and you get to see 'both' irelands.

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +20,289
    Hi,I heard somwhere there is a ferry from Fleetwood that is reasonable.Its some time ago but the people live in Blackpool and said its a freight boat,but if tou turn up they always get you on,sorry cant be more helpfull,it was about a year ago we were having the discusion.

4. aido

aido

Ratings:
    +1
    post subject

Nutt Travel offers Ferry Crossings throughout Ireland and the UK you wont find cheaper:shout:

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +23,522
    :thumb: i've also heard of freighters taking a limited number of fare paying passengers too.

6. crazylazy

crazylazy

Ratings:
    +1
    South/northern ireland

Just a thought, might be a good idea to start in Northern Ireland, at the moment quite a few people are going from the South to the North to shop as the Euro in the South is worth more in the North........

7. rambler

rambler

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all,

I thought about going from the North, but dont no me way and yes have a Sat Nav.

It just seems expensive, when last year derv was alot higher. The trip cost £176 and now can get it with for £248 but that is with only me!!

We pay more because of the size, so were a car can go for £69 plus the driver. We should be getting a better deal, all the sites tell me there is a surcharge of £50. They think they have a captive market for anyone traveling to Ireland. Well

Am looking at flying over to Knock with Ryanair £2 return!!!!! and yes all in. Hire of a smaller camper for a week HOW MUCH???? I`ll tell you 190euro inc insurance.

Mentioned this to IF and they offered a £50 discount. So let me think 3x£2=£6 and about £160 for a smaller 4 berth (big enough) no 3-4 hour drive either way, just a 50 min flight......and still have the same break, no wear on my own etc

Guess what I have done??