Revolut - win some dosh in the app! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hubby's just won £5 by doing a competition/questionnaire thing, I haven't got the 'invite' on mine but you might have so have a shuftie in your notifications (click on bell🔔 in top right of app screen) and see if you have a message about it. You have to get all the answers right but if you don't you can just play again until you do.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
was that the “earn £5 by taking 1inch training” alert?
Edit: the alert is called “earn up to £5 in Crypto”

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I didn’t and have £10.50 from silly “learn crypto” quizzes 😳
One quiz on 1inch & one on Polkadot
Edit: updated earnings…

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I looked and got confused (doesn’t take much) , so also closed it😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I discovered if you click on 'Crypto' and scroll down you'll see the 'Learn' section where you can do the quizes and earn dosh for Polkadot (£5+£1) and 1inch (£5) less fees, so I've now got £10.38 (it goes up/down as the crypto changes), but still easy money!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I discovered if you click on 'Crypto' and scroll down you'll see the 'Learn' section where you can do the quizes and earn dosh for Polkadot (£5+£1) and 1inch (£5) less fees, so I've now got £10.38 (it goes up/down as the crypto changes), but still easy money!
My earnings from learning were different:
546F8CFE-537B-4DA3-88D7-F0FFDBDF24A1.jpeg

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Blimey I’ve lost 3p already. I must rush to my Revolut euro account and invest more immediately 😃

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
I notice one has lost 85% of its value in the last year and the other 83%.

Not sure this £10.50 of free money is going to buy me the new yacht

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Just earned a quid, but also realized It had £75 left in my account. Bonus.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Apparently there's a 99p crypto exchange fee but if you create a vault (the 2nd one which includes crypto etc) and put your cryptos into that as £ then you can transfer it to your Revolut account and withdraw it or exchange it for €, $ or whatever else you want, without any fee ... I've not done this but that's what someone who uses it says to do.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Yes that's the amount before fees, same as me the 'real' money is a bit less.
There aren’t any fees shown on my “cash for learning” credits and, plus or minus an odd penny, my crypto vault is £10.50
Oh! Briefly went to £10.51 🤣

You can see each credit’s transaction info.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
There aren’t any fees shown on my “cash for learning” credits and, plus or minus an odd penny, my crypto vault is £10.50
Oh! Briefly went to £10.51 🤣

You can see each credit’s transaction info.
My crypto currency shows a value of £10.53 at present so :moon2: to you! :LOL: It is when you come to change it actually for 'real' currency that the value will change as the fees will be taken out unless you try to 'vault' trick I suggested.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Apparently there's a 99p crypto exchange fee but if you create a vault (the 2nd one which includes crypto etc) and put your cryptos into that as £ then you can transfer it to your Revolut account and withdraw it or exchange it for €, $ or whatever else you want, without any fee ... I've not done this but that's what someone who uses it says to do.
You can also associate crypto accounts a card. Does that avoid fees?
1667510435346.png

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You can also associate crypto accounts a card. Does that avoid fees?
View attachment 684754
Dunno Kev, I only learned about it all this morning when I read the blurb and watched the videos to do the quizzes to earn dosh! Me, shallow? :LOL:

I have to say though I do now understand a lot more about crypto than I did, the differences between the crypto providers was interesting especially, so it was worth it as I'll now at least understand what Gromett's on about when he talks about it occasionally!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Dunno Kev, I only learned about it all this morning when I read the blurb and watched the videos to do the quizzes to earn dosh! Me, shallow? :LOL:

I have to say though I do now understand a lot more about crypto than I did, the differences between the crypto providers was interesting especially, so it was worth it as I'll now at least understand what Gromett's on about when he talks about it occasionally!
(y) sorry. I was being a little lazy and hoped you knew the answer 🤪
Anyway, I’ve looked at Revolut for relevant info and t&c: -
- there’s a 1% cash back promo on currently on Crypto funds used for payment via a card.
- but there’s a 1.99% fee built into the exchange rate.

The minimum £0.99 tx fee isn’t applied to “spend from crypto via card” use though.
Revolut said:
Standard and Plus users: 1.99% of the value of your crypto transaction or the currency equivalent of £0.99, whichever is greater. This ‘minimum fee’ amount is based on the currency of your residence. Please note that we do not apply a minimum fee for our "spend from crypto balance" feature.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Mine's gone up to £10.94 'value' today :giggle: but it's not all good news! :rolleyes:

Hubby decided to change his to £ without talking to me first so has lost £1.98! :devil: Fortunately it's only a small amount of 'free' money that's been lost but its the fact that he did it without mentioning it that's annoying as I was the one who set it up on his phone and did his quizzes for him, he can do his own flipping quizzes next time! 😠 What makes this more annoying is that the info about using a vault is in the blurb he told ME to read on HotUKDeals which he obviously hadn't. 😡

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back