LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well we are at last on our way to the very belated 10 year anniversary rally at the factory in Schlusselfld, I say belated because it was planned two years ago BC (before covid), they are expecting something over 1000 vans to park all around the factory so it should be quite a sight.

Our journey started on the Caravan and MH Club site at Henley on Thames for a few nights before heading off to Windsor racecourse for the Royal Windsor horse show.

IMG_0596.jpeg

IMG_0598.jpeg

On the river at Henley,

IMG_0606.jpeg

Then 6 of us managed to get a guided tour of "the wing" Bremont's watch making facility just outside Henley, interesting tour and we all managed to escape without spending any money in their boutique, I think being an existing customer and having spent a small fortune on a couple of their limited editions they let us escape quite easily.

IMG_0609.jpeg

Machined and laser etched upper part of their "Trip-Tick" case.

IMG_0646.jpeg

And so to Windsor racecourse and a C&MH club rally for the horse show.

IMG_0612.jpeg

Egyptian goose.

IMG_0180.jpeg

The horse show was in the grounds of Windsor castle and Windsor great park.

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0619.jpeg

We had tickets for the Platinum Jubilee evening celebration but sadly not the Sunday night when HM attended.

IMG_0620.jpeg

We still had all the pomp and ceremony though.

IMG_0624.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

Then a full day in the show to watch some of the various events.

TBC

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And then we crossed the water P&O "sorry" but it was booked and paid for two years ago.

IMG_0197.jpeg

Our first stop was at Thieu in Belgium and the local river rescue kindly entertained us with a practice river rescue,

IMG_0654.jpeg

IMG_0653.jpeg

A short cycle ride around the old and new canal system with 4 off counter balance hydraulic boat lifts on the original canal,

IMG_0657.jpeg
IMG_0657.jpeg

And finishing at the new Mega sized lift with concrete counter balance and steel winding cables.

We then moved on to Zell on the Mosel, actually we stopped off at the N+B factory stellplatz in Polch but no photos, well they didn't really have many vans around even in the showroom and the ones that they did have were missing parts, likewise over the road at the Concorde dealer they had very few vans in stock either new or used.

IMG_0659.jpeg

Well it just had to be done;) yes just the two of us for a few days before we meet up again to go to the factory together.

IMG_0660.jpeg

It's been about 30 degrees and very sticky but has just gone dark and rained so hopefully it's going to be a bit fresher now as I need to go outside and cook (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
Was surprised when I left Morelo yesterday Martin there was only about 6 vans parked in their camp site?

I may have dumped the waste and filled with water when I went up to have a lookšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Lucky I did as when we went down the road to have the work done and although them saying they had 8 motorhome parking spaces there were no facilities not even a rubbish binā˜¹ļøā˜¹ļø
Think they will need to improve that.

Have a good timešŸ‘

PS: the Austrian hills are a killer down to 18.2 nowā˜¹ļøā˜¹ļø

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Was surprised when I left Morelo yesterday Martin there was only about 6 vans parked in their camp site?

I may have dumped the waste and filled with water when I went up to have a lookšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Lucky I did as when we went down the road to have the work done and although them saying they had 8 motorhome parking spaces there were no facilities not even a rubbish binā˜¹ļøā˜¹ļø
Think they will need to improve that.

Have a good timešŸ‘

PS: the Austrian hills are a killer down to 18.2 nowā˜¹ļøā˜¹ļø
If thatā€™s down I would be happy with itšŸ˜

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A night of thunder lighting and rain,

IMG_0199.jpeg

All dry now though inside and out, BUT

IMG_0201.jpeg

What is it they say about DIY "don't involve yourself" well I couldn't help myself when our German neighbours complained that the rain was coming in onto their overcab bed, I quick clamber up my steps revealed that somebody had scraped the old sealing out between the front cap and the roof but hadn't got around to replacing it, the guy thought that it was coming from the skylight which it could have been as that sealant was a bit second hand as well but he seemed to be suggesting that he wanted to apply sealant inside between the trim and the roof, anyway it transpires that they are heading home today so he has instructions to lift the syklight and reseal it and finish the roof join while he is on.

Good solid van though, https://www.robel.de/

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good for for helping out šŸ‘
Enjoy your trip.
I donā€™t mind helping at all but I drew the line when we were at Thieu and a boat trip full of pensioners were heading to get back on their tour bus and and one guy asked if we had a toilet pleasešŸ˜§ err sorry thatā€™s what trees are for, apparently the one on the bus was broken.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
A night of thunder lighting and rain,

View attachment 620290

All dry now though inside and out, BUT

View attachment 620291

What is it they say about DIY "don't involve yourself" well I couldn't help myself when our German neighbours complained that the rain was coming in onto their overcab bed, I quick clamber up my steps revealed that somebody had scraped the old sealing out between the front cap and the roof but hadn't got around to replacing it, the guy thought that it was coming from the skylight which it could have been as that sealant was a bit second hand as well but he seemed to be suggesting that he wanted to apply sealant inside between the trim and the roof, anyway it transpires that they are heading home today so he has instructions to lift the syklight and reseal it and finish the roof join while he is on.

Good solid van though, https://www.robel.de/
Where was that stop over Martin?

Looking for stops on our return back through Germany in a few weeks.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
Itā€™s Zell on the Mosel but there are loads of places along the riverside Mark, this one is ā‚¬9 per night with a good drive over service point and water on the coin slot.
Donā€™t know if I can stretch to ā‚¬9 for a nightšŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
revealed that somebody had scraped the old sealing out between the front cap and the roof but hadn't got around to replacing it,
Martin, I can't believe that someone would do that, but not replace the sealant immediately after. :doh:

I carry 2 x tubes of sealant and a roll of that RV sealant tape, for "on tour sealing repairs". ;)

Glad to see that you and Jen are enjoying yourselves. (y) We hope to get to Zell again sometime in September. :pray2:

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin, I can't believe that someone would do that, but not replace the sealant immediately after. :doh:

I carry 2 x tubes of sealant and a roll of that RV sealant tape, for "on tour sealing repairs". ;)

Glad to see that you and Jen are enjoying yourselves. (y) We hope to get to Zell again sometime in September. :pray2:

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)
Hi Jock

I got the impression that he possibly wasn't the "full shilling" I thought that I might have had my roll of sealant tape but it doesn't seem to have made it's way into the box in the Palace. We have been on both the places in Zell now but I think the riverside overlooking the town is the nicer of the two, although the service point at the one by the bridge is good and they have a wine bottle vending machine as well:giggle:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Much cooler today but far better for cycling so headed out the other way along the Mosel,

IMG_0663.jpeg

Some lovely villages just over the water,

IMG_0666.jpeg

and how they tend the vines on these slopes I really don't know,

IMG_0676 (1).jpeg

as we were heading up I spotted the viewing platform on the right of the pic and thought if we had anything left in our legs it might be worth going up on the way back:giggle: I did mention my cunning plan but Jen might not have heard,

IMG_0677.jpeg

and it was well worth it, that is Zell on the left of the pic but our route goes back down the hill and then around the bend with the river on our right,

IMG_0678 (1).jpeg

there are loads of camping spots and most are around ā‚¬10 per night,

IMG_0687.jpeg

and we made it back home, Just.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are now lining up for the flag to drop on Wednesday morning when we can head to the MORELO factory, we have moved from the Mosel and are now on the Maine at Dettelbach ā‚¬7 per night and metered electric if you want it and a lot do;)

IMG_0688.jpeg

The Stellplatz is at the end of the road where this little ferry runs across the river, it will take a 7.5t MORELO :LOL: don't ask but it wasn't us ;) sadly no photo but the rest of the campers on the stellplatz will have loads I am sure.

IMG_0690.jpeg

So we are just relaxing and watching the boats go past, this is a small one;)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Lazy day yesterday;) it was a bit wet first thing but then we had a walk around the town stocked up in the supermarket for tea.

IMG_0216.jpeg

IMG_0215.jpeg

somebody has decided to crochet their own mini version of the town

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

anyway enough of yesterday, today is the day we head to MORELO for the factory gathering.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
10 a penny aren't they?

Welcome home Martin Jen and the 'block'
Common as muck Geoff,

3FCEC0E2-0B68-4052-9D75-7649ABA6BD2C.jpeg

Welcome pack and programmme, invitations to view the production halls at MORELO and Meier chassis prep workshop, technical workshops, guided walks and cycle rides, shuttle bus to Concorde and PhoeniX šŸ‘ itā€™s going to be a busy few days, should I book a test drivešŸ¤”

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Common as muck Geoff,

View attachment 622329
Welcome pack and programmme, invitations to view the production halls at MORELO and Meier chassis prep workshop, technical workshops, guided walks and cycle rides, shuttle bus to Concorde and PhoeniX šŸ‘ itā€™s going to be a busy few days, should I book a test drivešŸ¤”
Can I join the Club? I've got the bag.:LOL:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I hope they have plenty of fire appliances on standby - it could be very expensive claim if that lot when up !
And there is no 3 metre rule, 780 vans expected and over 75% MORELO.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back