Replacing interior lights with L E D Lights (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Please read LCD as LED as I got it wrong and was corrected. It might make more sense to techies now.

A few weeks ago I bought a cuttable strip of LCD lights from Lidll, it has a 12v mains transformer so I assume if I cut this off I will be able to use it in the motor home.
I want to replace the long lines of small normal bulbs lights that go under the facias above the bed and side seat in my Hobby 600 and was wondering if by using this LCD strip it would use less battery power.
Before you ask I don't know the wattage of the bulbs or of the LCD lighting as at the moment I am nowhere near the motorhome

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Are you sure they're LCD? they're usually LED. LEDs will use less power and come on 5m rolls in different colours, or you can get multiple colour ones controlled by a remote.

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Are you sure they're LCD? they're usually LED. LEDs will use less power and come on 5m rolls in different colours, or you can get multiple colour ones controlled by a remote.
Oops my mistake LEDs not Lcds and they are all white on a roll
I will edit the title if I can now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We replaced all our lights with LEDs. I think it saves a lot of power. Can't be too difficult to do because my husband did it. :LOL: Think the strips were a bit more complicated than bubs though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back