Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Our cab speakers are useless (Fiat) but the previous owner fitted a rather nice radio. How difficult is it to fit replacement speakers and how do I find out which ones work best in the relatively noisy environment of a van cab?
I thought about getting it done at Halfords but the choice of speakers is vast. We don't need CD quality sound but it is nice to be able to hear without having the volume turned up very high. The other thing is that the speakers in the back are good quality so if we have passengers and have the radio on high enough to hear in the front the folks in the back are deafened.
If we get a technician to fit them I thought we might get the wiring changed so the radio works off the leisure battery too as it only works with the ignition on.
Any advice or thoughts?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You will probably find a Fader control that alters the front/read balance.

If the cab is noisy there not much you can do, add load of volume to drown it out and you'll end up deaf.

Now quietening a cab, that is difficult.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The previous owner of my M/H dealt with the speakers before I owned it, and the music quality is superb.

As regards using the leisure battery as your feed, the radio takes such a small draw in power it really doesn't make a lot of odds, what you would need to do is switch it to the accessory position on the ignition so that the ignition isn't on so to speak........Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back