Recommend a campsite near Goodwood (1 Viewer)

Annette Gormley

Free Member
Mar 24, 2018
Funster No
Hi
I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a campsite to use while we attend Goodwood Festival of Speed in July in our motorhome. We will be approaching from Wales direction so anywhere west of Goodwood would be suitable.
We intend to head north towards London to another campsite to enable us to park up and travel into London for two days and then we hope to go to LEGOLAND in Windsor.
Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Thank you

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
There is camping available at the event, not sure if it’s full now but would be worth giving them a ring. The campsite we were on last year (“H”) is a walk to the event although not really near enough to keep popping back to MH through the day. There was ELH too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Annette Gormley

Free Member
Mar 24, 2018
Funster No
Thanks the reply. Will check out that recommendation. From what I understood the camping at the event was only available if staying for the entire event and not just one night.....maybe I misread it

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
On site camping is expensive but convenient. Bloody noisy last time we were there as the generators, for those that couldn't live without hook-up, ran all night. Plenty of CL/CS's around but that will mean joining the queues to get in in the morning.
Like all the Goodwood events FOS is brilliant.

Richard.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Thanks the reply. Will check out that recommendation. From what I understood the camping at the event was only available if staying for the entire event and not just one night.....maybe I misread it
You could well be right, we camped from the Wednesday night and left Monday morning. I don’t recall there being much coming and going after Friday night

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
The southbourne caravan and camping club site is 10mins away.

The bus stops outside or a 5 min walk to the train station and it’s 2 stops to Chichester then Goodwood run a bus from the station or its about a 20 min walk.
If you pick the wrong time to drive to the event or there is an incident on the roads the traffic is horrendous....

OP
OP
A

Annette Gormley

Free Member
Mar 24, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for all your help everyone. Lots to research and get sorted. Thank you

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It’s a weekend ticket for the camping one price however long you stay. £180 without EHU £240 with.
You are supposed to have a plot and we chose ours but came back after a walk to find 2 others squeezed in beside us, no stewards.
One had a generator going all night.
However.....wouldn’t want to be out in the traffic queues!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun