Rear View Camera replacement? (1 Viewer)

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Hi

My Ixeo Time 745 has a single single camera, pointing right down at the back of the van.

I would like to replace this with a dual camera but not have to run new cables, is this even possible?

Has anyone done anything similar?

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I want to do the same on my Pilote and replace the single camera with a twin camera.

You will need to check the cable to the existing camera. I have checked the cable on mine and there are two connectors but obviously only one being used so I thought the easy thing would be to just fit a new twin camera and use both connectors. Problem is that the connectors are 8 pin mini din and all the cameras I can find are either 4 pin or phono.

Anyone know where I can get a dual camera with 8 pin connectors, I have already tried ebay and googled it with no success
IMG_3473.jpegIMG_3474.jpeg

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I want to do the same on my Pilote and replace the single camera with a twin camera.

You will need to check the cable to the existing camera. I have checked the cable on mine and there are two connectors but obviously only one being used so I thought the easy thing would be to just fit a new twin camera and use both connectors. Problem is that the connectors are 8 pin mini din and all the cameras I can find are either 4 pin or phono.

Anyone know where I can get a dual camera with 8 pin connectors, I have already tried ebay and googled it with no success
View attachment 424020View attachment 424021

Give Chris a ring at Reversing Cameras UK and see if he can help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp

Rustyspanners

Free Member
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have you looked to see if there is a second cable?
My Hymer had twin cables as standard, I found out the hard way after I'd run 2 new cables through the van.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
How about these

That connector only has the video and audio connections, the cameras would still need a 12volt supply and the only thing up by the camera is the high level brake light.

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010

View attachment 424020View attachment 424021
This guy is local to you and very helpfull

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
Have you looked to see if there is a second cable?
My Hymer had twin cables as standard, I found out the hard way after I'd run 2 new cables through the van.

I have a single cable that splits to give feeds for two cameras, I have tried the single camera using both connectors and they work on the display as AV1 and AV2.

I spoke to DRW Electronics and will take his advice, that is to cut the cables, find the +ve, gnd, video and audio, buy a couple of 4 pin male connectors and get the soldering iron out.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Hi

My Ixeo Time 745 has a single single camera, pointing right down at the back of the van.

I would like to replace this with a dual camera but not have to run new cables, is this even possible?

Has anyone done anything similar?
Yes I have but I ran a new cable. I ran it through the habitation area. Quite easy to hide the cable but means methodically and painstakingly removing and replacing panels. Very worthwhile. I now have 3 cameras. The original pointing down at the towball which still shows on the radio screen when reversing. The new pair point rearwards, one wider angle than the other, and connect to a new monitor mounted in the dash. This has a remote control to toggle between the two new cameras. I ran the cable through the same hole in the rear wall as the original camera. I picked up power from the accessory fuse under the dash via a new fuse and switch
974941E4-686E-4753-9643-45AB001674B2.jpeg
E34BEF85-A233-44E6-916D-4274322F357B.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back