Rally’s ... dare I ask what goes on? (1 Viewer)

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
To date I’ve never considered attending a rally.... I know I’m going to get some hilarious answers however .... what goes on ? What entertainment or fun is coordinated ? What I’d hate is to attend one and it’s a load of people tipping up and basically keeping themselves to themselves so to speak

I am thinking quizzes... organised fun events ?
Maybe a music?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
To date I’ve never considered attending a rally.... I know I’m going to get some hilarious answers however .... what goes on ? What entertainment or fun is coordinated ? What I’d hate is to attend one and it’s a load of people tipping up and basically keeping themselves to themselves so to speak

Maybe a music?
Everyone arrives, gets naked and the orgy starts!

No seriously there are different flavour rallies to suit all. From the turn up, chill and meets friends at your own pace through to the big organised fun and mayhem of the Thetford bash with all the chaos you could wish for and everything in between

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Each one is different. If you don't enjoy the first one try another. You will learn which ones are to your taste. :)

Examples of activities pre covid,
Quizzes
Music to dance to
Easter bonnet competition
Easter cake competition
Craft making.. Stone painting, etc....
Charity auctions
Group walks
Dog walks
Singalongs to the funster musicians
Sometimes geocaching walks
Meal at local restaurant
Ukele beginner lessons
Rumicub

.... or do nothing at all and enjoy your own company. . Whatever floats your boat. :)

(sometimes NONE of the above..... just meet up and chat.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Each one is different. If you don't enjoy the first one try another. You will learn which ones are to your taste. :)

Quizzes
Music to dance to
Easter cake competition
Charity auctions
Group walks
Dog walks
Meal at local restaurant
Ukele beginner lessons
Rumicub

.... or do nothing at all and enjoy your own company. . Whatever floats your boat. :)

No orgies then? Damn I was hoping TheBig1 was being serious 🤣

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years

Quizzes
Music to dance to
Easter cake competition
Charity auctions
Group walks
Dog walks
Meal at local restaurant
Ukele beginner lessons
Rumicub

You could add to Movan’s list and even more too numerous to mention.

Please remember though that this year will be different, there will still be restrictions even when group meeting restrictions are listed, e.g. Distancing and masks, which will restrict the range and delivery of activities (to conform not only to guidance we will still have but also the events insurance cover).

For a first I would recommend Chester, there is still lots to do even with ongoing restrictions. Others with different experiences will have other ideas.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Many years ago, in the early days of Fun, there was a group of swingers! They didn't keep it quiet either :giggler:
How did I miss that, never really been into rallies, now if I'd known about that.:cool:

Any photo's Janine?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Maybe a music?
I think your best bet is to turn up at a rally, hunt down the organiser who may well be stressed out trying to get everybody parked up with their friends, facing the sun without their door looking into somebody else's van and without a tree blocking there solar panels at any time of the day but some shade would be nice:sneaky: at that point if you don't get your head chewed off you could just say "will it be OK if I organise X" I guarantee you will be friends for life(y)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
How did I miss that, never really been into rallies, now if I'd known about that.:cool:

Any photo's Janine?
(Un)Fortunately, no.

I moved my van to the otherside of the field for some peace and quiet. It would have looked plain wrong to use a telephoto lens 😎

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Maybe a music?
I think the Thetford Bash would suit you perfectly !!
We got live music, a disco, silly games and of course the moped racing ( we supply the peds, you supply the laughs ! )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back