Rally’s ... dare I ask what goes on? (1 Viewer)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Oh yes...... sounds very familiar. I much prefer the smaller meets as counter-intuitively you meet more people, unless like me you wander around grinning manically at everyone. My Pimms is legendary, apparently ;)
We didn't half get through a lot of it - someone had to raid Sainsgogs for some more
Spot on David, minding our own business when this bloke, in between grinning maniacally and grimacing as he tried to put up his awning asked could I help with his awning. Why not, and that was the start of a great Weymouth week and more, meeting some great folk though sadly two we regularly remember have passed.
Health and other events have overtaken us, but hopefully we can help in a field somewhere before too long.
Just a warning to anyone else though, you are quite partial to some really good whiskies - which as I am currently banned alcohol is a pain.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Spot on David, minding our own business when this bloke, in between grinning maniacally and grimacing as he tried to put up his awning asked could I help with his awning. Why not, and that was the start of a great Weymouth week and more, meeting some great folk though sadly two we regularly remember have passed.
Health and other events have overtaken us, but hopefully we can help in a field somewhere before too long.
Just a warning to anyone else though, you are quite partial to some really good whiskies - which as I am currently banned alcohol is a pain.
Cheers for that much appreciated - the late, great Tootles was forever after ribbing me about that wonky air awning (it was blowing dogs off chains) and it was the origin of the "inflatable Annie" running joke.

....and yes, I have been known to have a generous stock of fine Malt (plus Aldi Glenratspiss for cruiser :wink: )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dare I ask if any or all of these rallies are children friendly? Yes, I'm the mad one with a 2 & 6 y/o trying to holiday in an old Burstner!
Quite fancy fancy attending some of these in the future, when we're allowed out (no pampas grass though 😯)

Hi sunshine, last but one year I had my little, then 4yr old, grandaughter with me. Must be honest although we went to a few meets I struggled to find one where children were really catered for but she was made very welcome by my funster friends.

.... She won the children's painting competition at one.... please never tell her she was the only entrant.... she was sooooooo excited.

If you do find any please let me know. I was told, but don't know, that some of the Buddhafest ones are good for families... but I tend towards hippiyish gran.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Festival wise, Latitude of the big ones is absolutely brilliant for kids. There is a large kids area, and a no adults teens area. I believe, they run a leave the kids service.

Valleyfest is also targeting families and is much smaller.

Carfest if you can get tickets also looks after families well.

Also look at county shows. Many do camping.

None of these is specifically with Fun, but we often bump into others.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Well done that duck i have got a bottle of old poultney .a bit better than your aldis. But Rose said bring plenty of pills she has ñearley two years to make up for .so see you at the bash. But will share with anyone .that beat duxdelux to it.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I’m looking coward to my first meet soon
79DE8B92-6F7F-49FA-AD4F-9BB8DEBB219C.jpeg

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Rally's tend to be fixed price... whether you stay 2nt or 5nts
Might be helpful to the marshals if you mention you intend to leave early.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well done that duck i have got a bottle of old poultney .a bit better than your aldis. But Rose said bring plenty of pills she has ñearley two years to make up for .so see you at the bash. But will share with anyone .that beat duxdelux to it.
Mike, you had better tell Rose to bring extra lemmingade - you know what happens when she drinks navy strength pimms :Eeek: ......or get some earplugs. :rofl:

I do have some decent whisky..... as always happy to share it with you(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We all sussed you out though .. You were just after the vibrations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John... It was so funny. I still chuckle about it to this day. :)

Every time I lapped the starting line, you kept shouting, 'Sit back. SIT BACK!' as I flashed past.

and I kept putting my shoulders up.. thinking what's wrong with him. I'm up as much as I can. I thought you meant sit upright. By the last lap I just remember you rolling laughing with tears.

:rofl:

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.

That's me barred from rallies.:getmecoat:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back