Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Rallies

We ran 4 very successful RV rallies in oswestry:Cool:bloody hard work but very rewarding when you know that everyone has had a great time:thumb:
great idea Jim:thumb:
brian and jo

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
A Big Annual Rally (BAR)
I like the idea of a big annual get-together, where we can get a large marquee erected and have some paid for entertainment to play and complement our own entertainers. To also include things like a hog roast and kids entertainment as well. To fund this and other functions we will hold fund-raising raffles/competitions at some of our rallies. We will work hard to get traders to swop publicity for prizes and we may buy some. All money raised via these raffles will be publicly accounted for on this website and only spent on ralliers.
:thumb:

Great idea.
I will of course support the raffle by donating a prize.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I did try and organize an annual rally a couple of years ago, but weather washed us out BUT the day was saved when we found another smaller site at Stratford airfield, those that came will remeber a good time had by all, but would not hold a few hundred m/hs but the original place Rutland water would hold about 500 m/hs and we could have exclusive use of the place for 1 week or 2 whatever the annual rally required, could also hold all the RVOC boys and girls as well, and very cheap as well, even have a barn for possible use as well, with magnificent views over Rutland water also bus stop now right outside camp site that goes all around the water 17mls, and pick up bikes as well, also goes into Town 5/6 times a day as well. although i cant do it myself at the moment, but it all depends on how many think it would be the ideal site as very central to most and to Jims requirements. It has ample water and grey/black dump only, for mhs and RVs and no ehu. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I must be the only funster in the world that doesn't like the idea of a "National or Annual" rally.:Sad:

It's just "too cluby" IMHO. I would much rather see people have a go at holding smaller events around the country.

Smaller events allow for friendships to form and plenty of fun and a real chance to welcome people personally in to fun.

the more smaller rallies there are the more choice people have to get together amongst others. I can't wait to get to Bills fix it meet next weekend.

So why not have a national fun rally day and try and get as many meets on in as many different parts of the country? :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
I see that everybody is taking the view that Birmingham is the centre, if you look at a map of the United Kingdom that is wrong, the UK is from the south of England to the North of Scotland, that would put the centre between Lancashire and Yorkshire.

We do help set up and run the Overland Travel Show and Landy Live, With Tom McGuigan
so could help to set up a rally.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I see that everybody is taking the view that Birmingham is the centre, if you look at a map of the United Kingdom that is wrong, the UK is from the south of England to the North of Scotland, that would put the centre between Lancashire and Yorkshire.

I think the population centre of the UK is in Leicestershire:thumb:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Was it not why magna park etc is built around that area as you can get to most of uk in 4.5 hrs driving time to fit in with tachometer laws. :Smile:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I think the population centre of the UK is in Leicestershire:thumb:

So I would have thought that RUTLAND WATER would be the ideal site for the Funsters Annual Rally then??????? here are the satnav coordinettes's for those that would like to see where it is 52.637596,-0.675547
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So I would have thought that RUTLAND WATER would be the ideal site for the Funsters Annual Rally then??????? here are the satnav coordinettes's for those that would like to see where it is 52.637596,-0.675547
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Hy Gerry, we were there a couple of weeks ago, and spoke to Auther about holding a fun rally there, Sandra (armytwowheels) has sId she will look into it later in the year, the barn was been used for a rally when we were there and looked really good. :Smile:

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Great idea about an annual BAR.

How about following the format of "The Big Meeting" in Durham?

We would need a podium where Political leaders (and Jim) could address the [STRIKE]mob[/STRIKE]funsters. Perhaps Nigel Farage could spare the time? :winky:

Brass bands and banners would of course be required, plus some catering trailers and a HUGE amount of alcohol. :Eeek:

But to be serious, I think it would be marvellous if the BAR came off.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hy Gerry, we were there a couple of weeks ago, and spoke to Auther about holding a fun rally there, Sandra (armytwowheels) has sId she will look into it later in the year, the barn was been used for a rally when we were there and looked really good. :Smile:

Yes it is an ideal place for a Funsters offical Annual Rally as it can hold over 500 m/hs as not many places in he country that can boast that sort of space with a view to die for as well. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I agree Rutland is a great spot for a rally location map wise.
Much easier to get to for more people than some of the other suggestions (otherwise great suggestions)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I think it would be fair to point out, when you run a smaller local rally you are not expected to do Bacon Rolls or anything like that, the first year when I started the Chester one, I knew we could not manage that so we had a coffee & cake morning and everyone bought something.

It has grown and Jim now keeps it going, but just arranging a venue and running the list, the funsters do the rest,

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry if I've simply missed it Jim, but have you uploaded the Marshall's Handbook
Dave

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Jim, we will be up for doing a meet in wales. Let me just get my daughter married off next month then we will get on it.

We are off to a site this weekend to check it out. :thumb:

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Good read......

I now know my purpose in life & a wise man once said "if you buid it they will come" "party on dude........"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Ok, small confession to make :Blush:

We caravanned with an owners club for 20 years before changing to a MH and ran dozens of rallies in the UK, both up-north and here in Kent, and a couple of holidays in France and Spain. They ranged from "free & easy" to fully catered New Year rallies. We really enjoyed it too.

We would be happy to host a rally, we know of several venues but we don't have a party tent available for get-togethers, and as the British weather is fickle :rain: we either need to purchase one that could be used in the area or find venues with barn or hall but these can be expensive.

We haven't run a rally for about 3 years and may need a bit of a refresher! But leave it with us.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
We would be happy to host a rally, we know of several venues but we don't have a party tent available for get-togethers, and as the British weather is fickle :rain: we either need to purchase one that could be used in the area or find venues with barn or hall but these can be expensive. .

I have an event shelter with 3 sides just like the 2 Jim has & I am happy to bring it to any event I attend
I bought it to use with my VW club but it has since gone quiet & last year only got used once for a kayaking event.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
For anyone in the West Country who may want to run a rally. Today I received a letter & brochure from Hendra Holiday Park at Newquay, Cornwall saying that they allow rallies on the site. The site looks very good.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well since this thread was posted we've had loads of people put their hand up and the rally calendar is filling up fast. :clap: Well done, please, if anyone else has any ideas then don't be shy, you can always ask for help to run your first rally:thumb:

At Stratford in a couple of weeks we will be having our first raffle to raise funds for our rallies.and I've started to get hold of some raffle prizes. The first purchase on the agenda is. It's a great combination of price and durability and I'm sure it will witness a few sing-songs over the coming years::bigsmile:

I've already got some nice prizes for both Stratford and Malvern. For Stratford [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paul Sydenham has kindly [/FONT]donated an excellent set of Mirror Guards Thanks Paul :thumb: While for the Malvern Show Rally, Eddie Link Removed home of the Link Removed has donated a superb £700 Blaupunkt New York 835 Nav and Entertainment system! No I'd not seen one before either but details are Link Removed Thanks Eddie and Lyn. What great prizes. :Smile:if I win you'll all shout FIX so I can't even have a go myself, gutted:cry::roflmto:

Keep the ideas coming in:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
yep deffinately what we needed, loads more smaller dos where people can really meet others and have a chat and a giggle.

It was so nice to go to Bill and Lynn's fix it meet and be able to let my hair down and enjoy ourselves. It was great watching funsters pull together to push vans out that were stuck or make something for the supper....

Reminded me of the true spirit of fun... fun laughter and a sense of belonging to something special..... but all prepared to give a little to make it all work out. I even had part my van cleaned by Terry :winky:

I am planning a very special little get together on a nice site in the Alps for New Year, just as soon as the NHS pulls it's finger out and gives me a start date for the new job.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back