Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We're trying to implement push notifications, so that if someone sends you a PM, mentions you, likes a post or replies to one of your threads, you will get notified in your browser of on your phone, just like you would on twitter or faceache. This will also happen on your phone, not Apple phones just yet, but that should happen soon.

If you don't want these notifications, don't moan.... :D You can decide exactly what you get notified about, or whether it's pushed to you.

Push notifications are one of the big engagement drivers for major social media channels, they keep people coming back, and it's something we've been trying to get here for ages, we had it working with windows and android machines in the past, but not with apple. My developers tell me they now have it working with Apple macs on Safari and that IOS (iPhones and iPads) will come on line soon (y)

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I can spend too much time on here without encouragement. Not moaning but not my idea of an upgrade. Glad it can be turned off

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Mobile phone or computer?
Whatever device you are using Geoff, once you have agreed to activate them.

A pop up window appears at the bottom of the page (on my computer), giving me the choice to accept, leave it until later, or dismiss them completely.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Tonight I have been getting the pop up on the bottom of my phone screen asking permission for push notifications. I pressed "ask me later,"
Didn't think it would class after as every time I read a new post. So, sorry I had to click never again.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its working OK for me, I'm busy outside of the forum, but I'm getting real-time notifications in Safari, that someone has just quoted or liked a message, and its certainly dragged me back to respond right away. Which is how they are supposed to work. Just need to get them working on iphones and Ipads now.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Its working OK for me, I'm busy outside of the forum, but I'm getting real-time notifications in Safari, that someone has just quoted or liked a message, and its certainly dragged me back to respond right away. Which is how they are supposed to work. Just need to get them working on iphones and Ipads now.
Just making sure it’s working for you Jim 🤣🤣

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Turned all notifications off cos I can't find anywhere on the forum settings to turn the bloody thing off....10 minutes and I'd had enough.

Found the setting and turned it OFF....for ever.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Not a good idea at all, IMO. You can already elect to receive an email; you also get the bell icon light up.
Only sensible use case is for the op to be able to selects replies are pushed to him (eg if you have a jammed imobliser and need urgent help, or a medical emergency abroad that needs translating).
The assumption that all posts are so incredibly important they need to be forced in front of you is, in my book, incorrect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back