sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I read with interest the proposed new Ro-Ro route to Morocco. My wife has long been uncomfortable with a trip there however a direct sea route could be the answer and eliminate the appearance of being cut off in some god forsaken desert. So I cannot find any information on the options available for non freight vehicles and accomadation onboard.

United Seaways

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And replace it with 3 days isolated on a god forsaken boat in the middle of a god forsaken sea :unsure: I don't think she will be that easily conned Michael, I know Jen wouldn't entertain it but then she doesn't have your boating genes.

And as above I doubt it will take passengers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The company was formed in December 2020, it does not have an internet presence that I could find. I posted this in case the regular Moroccan travellers would have picked up on it and had some information, or if no one knew about it now they do.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I read with interest the proposed new Ro-Ro route to Morocco. My wife has long been uncomfortable with a trip there however a direct sea route could be the answer and eliminate the appearance of being cut off in some god forsaken desert. So I cannot find any information on the options available for non freight vehicles and accomadation onboard.

United Seaways
I don't think this is likely to be the answer Michael, reading it it seems aimed at freight, much of the fruit and veg we eat originates in Morocco.

We ve been to Morocco 4 times and loved every trip, but yes there are people who hated it. Its a bit like France meets India and can be a bit grim in places but then is very interesting, varied and can be beautiful, depending where you go.

For me I like the Journey, we drive down from the Tunnel and vary it having 1-2 weeks on the way down and probably the same or more on the way back usually meeting up with someone. You might be surprised at some of the MH's you see down there in French ownership.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
And replace it with 3 days isolated on a god forsaken boat in the middle of a god forsaken sea :unsure: I don't think she will be that easily conned Michael, I know Jen wouldn't entertain it but then she doesn't have your boating genes.

And as above I doubt it will take passengers.
The 90/180 rule has me expanding my horizons, I do not fancy a beach in the van and have therefore been able to easily accept Sally's refusal without a fight. But you have homed in on the issue of 3 days on a boat, not a problem for me if its comfortable, but I have seen the Moroccans with their cars full of crap sitting at Barcelona and Genoa, it is a sight to behold and I would not fancy being on the boat with them for that long.
The first time we did a med crossing I was looking across the ferry queues at Genoa and there was a concrete wall of the sort they erect on motorway road works. The other side was a pile of rubbish covered mostly with plastic. It was 100's of metres long. I remember saying to Sally what ship collects all that waste and why not incinerate it? About an hour later I followed the signs to the office for ticket collection. It was then that I could see the other side of the concrete wall. It was not rubbish per se it was multiple lines of cars with roof racks full of crap. We could not see the vehicles from the other side!

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Now Abacist (thanks very much) has given me the link that eluded my Google search I have done just that.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Not upset.
Apologies. Re-reading my response it does appear very blunt. (Bad night’s sleep!)

To each their own would have been the proper response.

Anyway, hopefully the ferry will happen for people who want the service.

Cheers.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Good luck with persuading my wife :unsure:
Mine likewise! It was a push to get her to Tunisia some years ago and the experience pretty much confirmed that she could happily ignore the African continent in future!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Its funny how you have a pre determined picture in your head about a country before you visit...People tell me they would hate Spain,,,they have watched Benidorm and think thats it :LOL: Years ago i did not really fancy Morocco or Turkey,,,,What a shock when i actually visited...Wasnt keen on Agadir but the mountains and countryside towards Marakesh was fabulous and as for Turkey,what a beautiful country and the people are so so friendly...Until you visit you will never know,,BUSBY.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not going to comment about uninformed prejudices, plenty of comment elsewhere.

But I saw the item about the ro-ro ferry and did wonder if it would take motorhomes. The problem would be the extra accomodation they would have to supply - nothing against truck drivers but their accomodation may not suit m/homers, perhaps couples with dogs etc. Unless of course they allowed you to "camp" in your van like they do Italy/Greece, although I'd guess there would be some regulation about that. Not sure I'd want to camp on deck whilst crossing the Bay of Biscay!

Not for us, however. SWMBO won't even entertain a ferry longer than the couple of hours across the Strait or the Irish Sea to Ireland. We much prefer to just amble down to Spain at our own pace. But each to his own.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
I prefer to get there quick, then take a leisurely trip back over a few months. Will be looking into this new ferry service. (y)

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Its funny how you have a pre determined picture in your head about a country before you visit...People tell me they would hate Spain,,,they have watched Benidorm and think thats it :LOL: Years ago i did not really fancy Morocco or Turkey,,,,What a shock when i actually visited...Wasnt keen on Agadir but the mountains and countryside towards Marakesh was fabulous and as for Turkey,what a beautiful country and the people are so so friendly...Until you visit you will never know,,BUSBY.
That's a very good point. It took me years to persuade SHMBO to give Spain a try in the MH. Now she won't go anywhere else. She says the same about Morocco now (does not like the idea). Just shows, you don't know till you try it

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
So no go
Hello Michael

Thank you for your enquiry.
I am afraid to say that the new RoRo route will be strictly for freight.

Enjoy the weekend

Kind regards

Natasha Gama
PA to the CEO, Chair & Harbour Master
Poole Harbour Commissioners
natashagama@phc.co.uk
Not a surprise as non-freight traffic ro-ro costs are considerably higher for the operator.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
So no go
Hello Michael

Thank you for your enquiry.
I am afraid to say that the new RoRo route will be strictly for freight.

Enjoy the weekend

Kind regards

Natasha Gama
PA to the CEO, Chair & Harbour Master
Poole Harbour Commissioners
natashagama@phc.co.uk
Dash.....another workaround failure.....Next

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Dear Sandra

Thanks very much for your email.

We really appreciate your support and the operations team is already considering how we can accommodate motorhome owners and passengers onboard due to overwhelming numbers of requests like your good self and our desire to support the motorhome community to promote exchanges and new opportunities between countries.

Kind regards

Mrs. May

Administration Manager

United Seaways Limited

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back