Rally Pickering 5 night rally Thurs 25th July 2019 ( FULL) (2 Viewers)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Not sure what day to get the train yet. Nothing to save by booking online and no concessions.
£33 adult return

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Oh heck.
I haven't been getting alerts for this and (being me) haven't looked either. Until now.
So if I ask VERY nicely - "pretty please" - could somebody please tell me if there are Things Going On that I need to know about/ book/ bring/ whatever (to save me having to read all 12 pages you know). Please. :blush:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oh heck.
I haven't been getting alerts for this and (being me) haven't looked either. Until now.
So if I ask VERY nicely - "pretty please" - could somebody please tell me if there are Things Going On that I need to know about/ book/ bring/ whatever (to save me having to read all 12 pages you know). Please. :blush:
Nothing happening and nothing going on, well nothing that you have missed anyway, Indian Sunday night ;) if you fancy that. I think the rest of the time it will be a make it up as you go along sort of a rally.

Unless I have missed something as well;)

Martin

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Aw thanks Martin, you're a real gent!
The Indian might be nice if they do a good vegetarian plate. Did I see that irnbru is in charge of that? Am I too late Sandra (there's usually room for a little 'un)?

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Is anyone else a classic car fan? I notice that the garage/auction house which featured on a programme called Bangers and Cash is in Thornton-le-Dale, which is only a cycle ride away (3 miles along the A170 - some cycle path/pavement). They have a little museum there, which could be worth a visit.
Yes, not a fanatic, but certainly an interest. https://mathewsons.co.uk/

Thornton-le-Dale is a nice little village in its own right. There is a campsite there in a nice setting on the old railway line. We stayed there once many years ago back in our caravanning days.

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I wonder is anyone is daft charitable enough to have baked a cake, I am rather fond of rhubarb crumble...

I'm looking forward to this event, load of working class people pretending to be posh, southern accents, clean glasses, napkins, sausage Vol-au-vent (AKA, sausage rolls), imported beers, smelly cheese, French fries and brown sauce. Best ever was cured pork club-sandwich, with refined Solanum lycopersicum reduction.

Ah well,at least I can admire the German Motorhomes from a distance...

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Am I too late Sandra (there's usually room for a little 'un)?
Hi Wendy, that might be true if it was just one little un but with the exception of the reserves the list has been there for months so it’s not just a little un that’s asked recently.

I can only say it will most likely be fine but I will call in and see them on Friday to confirm, I'm not sending any more emails as they will think I’m some sort of a nutter. :rofl:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Wendy, that might be true if it was just one little un but with the exception of the reserves the list has been there for months so it’s not just a little un that’s asked recently.

I can only say it will most likely be fine but I will call in and see them on Friday to confirm, I'm not sending any more emails as they will think I’m some sort of a nutter. :rofl:
Hi Sandra

Take us off the Indian list please and that should helps numbers, we most likely won’t fancy anyway it if it’s too warm, we will stay in camp and keep guard.

Martin

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Directions:

I've been looking on Google maps & as far as I can see, directions for the last few hundred yards are as follows:

From the A170, the main east-west road through Pickering, head north on The Ropery, signed to Town Centre & Newton on Rawcliffe. Also a brown sign with a steam engine. Lidl is your landmark for this junction.

Go past the station & turn left as if for the station car park. Go over the level crossing & the gate to the site is on your right, adjacent to the green Scout Hut.

Does this sound correct to those that know the site?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I wonder is anyone is daft charitable enough to have baked a cake, I am rather fond of rhubarb crumble...

I'm looking forward to this event, load of working class people pretending to be posh, southern accents, clean glasses, napkins, sausage Vol-au-vent (AKA, sausage rolls), imported beers, smelly cheese, French fries and brown sauce. Best ever was cured pork club-sandwich, with refined Solanum lycopersicum reduction.

Ah well,at least I can admire the German Motorhomes from a distance...

Lorraine , come quickly something is badly wrong with Daves medication ?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thanks Sandra, I'm happy to play it by ear

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Directions:

I've been looking on Google maps & as far as I can see, directions for the last few hundred yards are as follows:

From the A170, the main east-west road through Pickering, head north on The Ropery, signed to Town Centre & Newton on Rawcliffe. Also a brown sign with a steam engine. Lidl is your landmark for this junction.

Go past the station & turn left as if for the station car park. Go over the level crossing & the gate to the site is on your right, adjacent to the green Scout Hut.

Does this sound correct to those that know the site?
Sounds right to me,

A464C633-604E-4A74-8426-E1948F5BFFF7.jpeg

This is your left turn after the station,

9927F0F7-D503-4FD4-9DCF-CB1BCF9B34E0.jpeg

Over the rail tracks, the gate is to the right of the Scout hut,

C6296BF8-4DFC-4385-8E19-6B6E5997C9A4.jpeg

This is the gate with the red sign, after this it is a bit tight but there will be a marshal to watch you in.

5EC19A45-CD21-4DF1-AFB1-C66513DA633C.jpeg

Martin

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thanks Stephen but I really don't want to feel that guilty!!!
Something will work out on the day.
Beware the MAMILs .....

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
The Grapes, Slingsby has just been invaded by MAMILs... it is a disturbing sight.
I'm glad I've finished my dinner..
Just had the same at our regular pub music session. Quite put me off the pork pie & sausage rolls the landlord kindly provides.

????

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just a quick update folks.

My Pa has been in hospital just over a week and I'm very sorry to say that things have taken a turn for the worse and being as there's only me I'm not confortable being away at this time.

After losing mum, husband & brother in law I know that I need to be able to live with myself afterwards, happy that I've done what I could.

I'm so sorry to let everyone down & I hope that you all have a great time in this fab weather in that lovely little town.

Very many thanks to funflair & JockandRita agreeing to carry on & run the meet.

Cheers x

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Just a quick update folks.

My Pa has been in hospital just over a week and I'm very sorry to say that things have taken a turn for the worse and being as there's only me I'm not confortable being away at this time.

After losing mum, husband & brother in law I know that I need to be able to live with myself afterwards, happy that I've done what I could.

I'm so sorry to let everyone down & I hope that you all have a great time in this fab weather in that lovely little town.

Very many thanks to funflair & JockandRita agreeing to carry on & run the meet.

Cheers x
Debs thoughts are with you and you must never think you have let us down family come first for everyone every time.
You need to spend what time you have with him.
Sending big big hugs and love to you and Lu and David xx
Look after yourself and if you need to chat in the middle of the night you know I’m awake!!!
??

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Dear Debs. You couldn't rest easy knowing your Dad was ill. Everyone understands. Be brave, be strong and take care of yourself. There'll be another 'Pickering' but love for your Dad comes first.

Love, hugs and PPP from Auntie Pam

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does anybody know if the Lidl in Pickering has a bakery? On my first ever shop in one local to us and can’t believe how much better than Aldi it appears to be

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Debs .. no need for words on here from me. X

Rest when you can and put yourself first now .. only then will you be strong enough to cope with your dad and his deteriorating health

x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back