Phone deals: Vodafone expiring (1 Viewer)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
makes the mobiles.co.uk 100GB @ £11.50 per month look excellent value when abroad

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
thats an even better deal!
but 24 month not 12

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
thats an even better deal!
but 24 month not 12
Yup it is 24 months but it means we don't have to prat around again in a year's time and I can't honestly see how in the next couple of years the deals can be any better for what we're getting - the price is normally £25 for 40gb pcm but there's a £5 discount making it £20 plus a bonus 60gb pcm and it can all be used abroad so with the cashback it has to be a no brainer.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Time to.have a rethink.
I get 115g a month with Vodafone @ £25 I'm out of contract. I rate Vodafone abroad this fonehouse deal is it the same quality as I will be abroad most of the time or is it a lesser quality.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Time to.have a rethink.
I get 115g a month with Vodafone @ £25 I'm out of contract. I rate Vodafone abroad this fonehouse deal is it the same quality as I will be abroad most of the time or is it a lesser quality.
Same quality as far as I know or better as it's 5G - have a look on their website.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Time to.have a rethink.
Go on, fill your boots. It's a great deal. 👍
Look for the Vodaphone 60Gb SIM only deal, then click on 24 x months option which brings up the 100Gb for £8pm after cashback. 🙂

Cheers,

Jock.

Apr 2, 2019
England, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 88EK
Exp
Since 2005
I found out recently that if you get an unlimited data deal with Vodafone Business then you get unlimited data abroad also. I've not put it to the test yet but I have it in writing from them that that is the case.
Well a fail on this one from Vodafone. When put to the test the unlimited data deal with Vodafone Business is in fact capped at 25Gb outside the UK as I have just found out. Vodafone advised I was 'misinformed' by one of their staff and have cancelled the contract without penalty.

I've now gone for a 100Gb per month SIM which as others have pointed out is bizarrely a better option for using abroad than unlimited.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Same quality as far as I know or better as it's 5G - have a look on their website.
Confirmed by email that there is no speed limitation on the Vodafone offer.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Probably a waste of time but my opinion is the unlimited data limited to 25GB when abroad is an unfair contract when compared to a 60GB or 100Gb contract that allows full data use abroad.

I filled in a complaint online to Vodafone - is it worth others joining in with similar and then going to Ombudsman if nothing is resolved - I could be very unpopular if their response is to limit everyone to 25GB :mad:

Text as below
I took out an unlimited data contract with you on the above sim number. Whilst in Europe I noticed that my data is capped to 25GB per month despite having an unlimited data account.

I further checked other contracts that you offer, 60gb data and 100gb data contracts both allow full use of the data allowance when in Europe despite the contract payments being cheaper than a fully inclusive contract.

I consider this practice discriminatory and request that you amend unlimited data contracts to match the maximum amount of data offered on other less expensive contracts.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I could be very unpopular if their response is to limit everyone to 25GB :mad:
You're right, you could. 😠 ............... 😂

Pleased don't be surprised if I (and others too I'm sure) won't be joining your crusade. 😉

It's a bit like paying around £230 annual VED for a MH at 3500kgs and under, whilst some of us are running about in MHs twice the weight, but only paying £165 for the privilege. 😉 Yes, life can be quite unfair at times. 😉

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
I spoke to Vodafone yesterday about cancelling the sim I have (100gb) with mobiles.co.uk (it expires in July). Unfortunately, I missed the cancellation date so having to pay an extra month to Vodafone at their retail rate!

They did the usual begging not to cancel - went through two levels of people each offering a lower rate for the same sim. Started at £18pm then their bottom line was the 100gb sim for £14pm without the need to claim cashback etc. They explained to me how the cashback would not be honoured by mobiles or Fonehouse, and how their sims would be rubbish (same Vodafone sim BTW ;-) I asked if they could do the £11 pm that mobiles are offering but they can't go lower than £14!!!

I'm going for the Fonehouse deal at £8 a month after cashback. Dates will be set in my diary for claiming it back!

If you don't want to deal with cashback that might be the best option from Vodafone direct.

HTH

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Yup it is 24 months but it means we don't have to prat around again in a year's time and I can't honestly see how in the next couple of years the deals can be any better for what we're getting - the price is normally £25 for 40gb pcm but there's a £5 discount making it £20 plus a bonus 60gb pcm and it can all be used abroad so with the cashback it has to be a no brainer.

Hi Mel,is it much of a faff to organise getting the cash back?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have done it for our mobiles.co.uk sim and it was quite easy to do, the Fonehouse one requires a little bit more info when you submit the bill but it's not done quite as often so not onerous - the important thing is to send in the right bill during the time period it is required, so just make sure you put it in your diary.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
As well as what Mel posted above Jo, Vodafone send you a text every month, telling you when your bill is ready, which you can then download, and upload to your Fonehouse account....................for the month in question.

Good luck. (y)

Jock. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've been using my Vodafone sim for a while now and it's been great, no issues at all and its so nice not to have to rely on hubby's 'hotspot' when I want to use the internet! :giggle:

Hubby has also ordered one for himself even though is existing contract still has 4 weeks to go as he didn't want to risk not being able to get this deal for himself in case it gets pulled which I'm sure it will at some point.

Nov 9, 2016
France or Spain!
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo 687t
Exp
Since 2015
I've been using my Vodafone sim for a while now and it's been great, no issues at all and its so nice not to have to rely on hubby's 'hotspot' when I want to use the internet! :giggle:

Hubby has also ordered one for himself even though is existing contract still has 4 weeks to go as he didn't want to risk not being able to get this deal for himself in case it gets pulled which I'm sure it will at some point.

Hi Minxy Girl, I've just used your link to try and find the £8 deal on Fonehouse but can't seem to find it, do you know if it's still there or has it been pulled now?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi Minxy Girl, I've just used your link to try and find the £8 deal on Fonehouse but can't seem to find it, do you know if it's still there or has it been pulled now?
It looks like the 24 month 100gb deal has gone now which I suspected it would and why hubby got one earlier than needed, there's still the 12 month 60gb one for £20 pcm which works out at £8 though (don't pick the 'lite' one by mistake).

Nov 9, 2016
France or Spain!
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo 687t
Exp
Since 2015
It looks like the 24 month 100gb deal has gone now which I suspected it would and why hubby got one earlier than needed, there's still the 12 month 60gb one for £20 pcm which works out at £8 though (don't pick the 'lite' one by mistake).

Great thanks, I’ll have a look at that. 😊👍

Nov 9, 2016
France or Spain!
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo 687t
Exp
Since 2015

I've now ordered the 60GB one thanks - does anyone know if you can use it straightaway whilst abroad or will it need to be activated in the uk first?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i think you need to activate it in the uk first but can then be used straight away uk or roaming. been switching mine back and fore from a spare phone to my MIFI unit (y)
which i am linked to now

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've now ordered the 60GB one thanks - does anyone know if you can use it straightaway whilst abroad or will it need to be activated in the uk first?
The contract commences as soon as you place the order with Fonehouse as does the duration of the sim, when you put it in your phone Vodafone will recognise that it's a new sim on their network and you'll then get a load of texts etc telling you about how it works and setting the sim up for use. You'll get a free 3-month subscription to 'Secure Net' and unless you opt out it will continue after that time at a cost of £1 a month but I always cancel it straight away anyway so I don't forget as I don't need it.

I would imagine you need to be in the UK when you put the sim in the phone for the first time so that Vodafone can confirm it is initially being used at the customer's country of residence.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back