Phone deals: Vodafone expiring (1 Viewer)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I know a few of us moved to Vodafone last year 50Gb (shortly after becoming 100Gb) for £20ish via Mobiles.co.uk who are now doing 60Gb for £8.50 which is enough data for me and at a good price.
I now have a number of cheques to take to the bank when things open up so I know the cash back works.
As I have 30 days until end of contract I confirmed today with Vodafone I would not be renewing the contract.
The mobiles offer ends on 25/6 but has already been extended so buying an extra week for £2 is not an issue if it looks like closing.
It is a new contract but Vodafone have a process for moving your old number to the new SIM which may take a day or 2 which just now is not a major issue.
The contract does not appear to limit you to 25Gb abroad like the 'all you can eat' offers.
I have also got used to the way Vodafone works which, while not brilliant, is fit for purpose.
Has anyone seen a better deal?

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Yikes Sorry see there is already a thread !! Please delete.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
With Barclays I can cash checks using my mobile phone. No need to go to the bank. 😀
Not Santander unfortunately. I did look. I am trying to de-bank at the moment having opened a few for transfer bonuses and credit cards to get perfect rates but cheques are so 20thC. :)

Reactions: DBK

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You could always pay your cheques into one of your existing banks that allow 'app' deposits and then transfer the money out to the one you intend to keep.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The mobiles offer ends on 25/6 but has already been extended so buying an extra week for £2 is not an issue if it looks like closing.
Does that mean that it will DEFINITELY end on 25th June? Our contracts isn't up until the end of July so we might have to double up for a month.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I cancelled my Vodafone deal about two months ago, due to not using it in the current situation. May now take out this deal as never got anywhere near the 100gig use, so 60 would be plenty and at £8.50pcm sounds good.
Well as long as its usable with Europe limits.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Does that mean that it will DEFINITELY end on 25th June? Our contracts isn't up until the end of July so we might have to double up for a month.
No it's been extended. I think the original date was at the start of June. I will keep an eye out as I am sure you will :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well just to p....you all off I am on a permanent contract with Vodafone unlimited everything, £8 a month.
Long story.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
But is your unlimited deal, unlimited in Europe from the data cap. Most unlimited data cards then have a data limit abroad, where the ones with an amount don’t.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I cancelled my Vodafone deal about two months ago, due to not using it in the current situation. May now take out this deal as never got anywhere near the 100gig use, so 60 would be plenty and at £8.50pcm sounds good.
Well as long as its usable with Europe limits.
As far as I can see and that is how I understand it and I certainly went over 25Gb with the current deal but as with anything do double check DYOR.
It does mention the 25Gb limit for Unlimited Plans.
"* If you have an Unlimited Lite, Unlimited or Unlimited Max plan, data usage when roaming is capped at 25GB per billing month in Roam-free and Roam further destinations. We will notify you as you approach this limit. If you reach this limit, you will need to purchase an additional data bundle to continue using data in a Roam-free or Roam-further destination until your monthly allowance renews"

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Well just to p....you all off I am on a permanent contract with Vodafone unlimited everything, £8 a month.
Long story.
Bloody hell that's good. Is unlimited abroad as well and not max 25g data ???

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks for the updates folks, I believe Minxy Girl did a lot of research on these deals a while ago, they are very attractive, especially as we all seem to be using more & more data these days with MI FI's and smartphones as Hotspots etc.
I am considering having a second phone again as we have been trying to share one between us in recent times, as we are all mainly shacked together these days in lock down. (but no leather used or PVC):(
I honestly think that these deals somewhat rely on us to either forget, or not be inside the appropriate window to make a claim back at the correct time, so they can charge us the full amount.
Is it really a pain in the butt to 1.Remember to do it, & 2.to make the claim and get a refund swiftly?
Thanks for your views.
LES

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
You could always pay your cheques into one of your existing banks that allow 'app' deposits and then transfer the money out to the one you intend to keep.
Down to 1-2-3 account&CC; Nationwide&CC; TescoCC so halifax, tab lloyds, bofs, tesco all gone. Walking into town will be good exercise. :)

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Thanks for the updates folks, I believe Minxy Girl did a lot of research on these deals a while ago, they are very attractive, especially as we all seem to be using more & more data these days with MI FI's and smartphones as Hotspots etc.
I am considering having a second phone again as we have been trying to share one between us in recent times, as we are all mainly shacked together these days in lock down. (but no leather used or PVC):(
I honestly think that these deals somewhat rely on us to either forget, or not be inside the appropriate window to make a claim back at the correct time, so they can charge us the full amount.
Is it really a pain in the butt to 1.Remember to do it, & 2.to make the claim and get a refund swiftly?
Thanks for your views.
LES
Stick reminders in your diary, you also get notified by Vodafone of your bill. Download bill as default pdf, upload to mobiles from download folder - just make sure your telephone numbers agree (I double changed so phoned them up and they manually changed it). ***EDIT*** you do not have to have paid the bill, I presume they are checking you have paid the month before*** Cheque arrives after a couple of weeks although some were slower as they appeared to have had some issues late last year. There was an offer going for £11 with the money automatically credited but a few clicks on a mouse for £30 appeared the better offer.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
When I did deal before, I did not have to do anything. I just received two cheques after a couple of months. Paid them in, job done.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks for your views.
LES
Very easy to submit the required bi-monthly bill on a laptop etc, just download the required bill from Vodafone - it's the bill DATE for the submission month required not the month that the phone was used in, so just make sure you do the right one. You can upload it wherever you've got an internet signal and have 2 months from the date of the required bill to submit it so not 'panic' to do it quickly, just stick a note in your phone calendar to remind you when it needs doing. Once you submit the bill you'll get a confirmation email and the cheque usually follows in a couple of weeks max.

I usually use a pdf editor to cut out excess pages* leaving just the first 2 and upload the new version (*although its not necessary if you don't want to).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When I did deal before, I did not have to do anything. I just received two cheques after a couple of months. Paid them in, job done.
That'll have been an 'auto-cashback' one where you don't get as much back, if you do the cashback submissions yourself you're better off.
Will find out soon.

Just hit the buy button. £8.50 a month it’s worth a go.
Good lad! :giggle:

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
A lot of banks allow you to make deposits at the post office.
Good thinking, we have some small ones in the surrounding villages which are quite user friendly.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just a thought folks
By re registering our second phone again, both with Vodaphone, both with unlimited data, then should we ever get the chance to use the EU Roam facility, then we would in theory have to use 25GB Roaming on each phone before getting the message telling us we would need to buy another data bundle.
I am sure that what others must do with Vodaphone to get around the extra charges, giving a much more realistic data amount each month while away?
And just before someone says "No Shit Sherlock" I am just chuffed to have worked that out all by own some, and being a tight git, I am overly chuffed(y):party::party:Its the only bit of good news/discovery all week so dont spoil it...will ya:pray:
LES

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
There's an even better deal with Fonehouse ... £8.00 a month with cash back ...

1591469942907.png

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Down to 1-2-3 account&CC; Nationwide&CC; TescoCC so halifax, tab lloyds, bofs, tesco all gone. Walking into town will be good exercise. :)
Lloyds you can pay cheques in using the app or with some at a post office counter and they are still open

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Good thinking, we have some small ones in the surrounding villages which are quite user friendly.

Only if you have a slip and envelope though ...

1591470269344.png

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
There's an even better deal with Fonehouse ... £8.00 a month with cash back ...

View attachment 394359
Well at least there are no cheques :)
"Successful claims will be paid directly into your bank account within 21 days."
You appear to have to input more details then Mobiles but I would have the 50p and the lack of cheque juggling.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Agree about the cashback very straight forward. You only need the first 2 pages of your bill and if you don't have a PDF editor, I don't, then the quickest way to extract the first 2 pages is to print pages 1 and 2 but select the MS PDF file creator in the print options, in the number of pages put 1,2 and select print.

You will be asked for a file name to save the output. (Pages 1 and 2). This is what is uploaded to mobiles.co.uk.

Hope it makes sense!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back