Phone deals: Vodafone expiring (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Thanks everyone for this info. It’s reminded me to check my expiry date which is beginning of July as I took advantage of that mobiles.co.uk deal last year (thanks to you on here).
So I’ll be watching this with interest and will have to start doing my homework too.
I’ve a couple of questions:

Is there a notice period to advise Vodafone not to renew?
The deal I got with mobiles.co.uk - I paid a bit more monthly fee and they upfronted the discount without the need for me submitting my statements and them sending me a cheque.
I don’t suppose this option is still available on their new deal?

Thanks again

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Also, I forgot to ask, that deal through fonehouse listed above says 5G.
I have an iPhone 5S (old I know)
Is that capable of 5G or doesn’t the phone spec/model matter?
(Apologies but mobiles aren’t my specialty)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks everyone for this info. It’s reminded me to check my expiry date which is beginning of July as I took advantage of that mobiles.co.uk deal last year (thanks to you on here).

Is there a notice period to advise Vodafone not to renew?
You need to ring and check what notice you need to give otherwise you'll end up paying for a month at the full price - they usually need 30 days notice so best to do it asap.

The deal I got with mobiles.co.uk - I paid a bit more monthly fee and they upfronted the discount without the need for me submitting my statements and them sending me a cheque.
I don’t suppose this option is still available on their new deal?
Are you sure you didn't get any cheques? The only other option I know of is the automatic cashback where you don't have to submit anything but still get a couple of cheques, however the cashback is less so the monthly cost is more. If this isn't what you mean then you'd need to ask them the question I'm afraid.

Also, I forgot to ask, that deal through fonehouse listed above says 5G.
I have an iPhone 5S (old I know)
Is that capable of 5G or doesn’t the phone spec/model matter?
(Apologies but mobiles aren’t my specialty)
If you're phone can't use 5G it will automatically use it at 4G/3G so not an issue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
1 months notice required by Vodafone

I also went for a deal where they just sent me cheques before, no application, or paperwork was required. So will see how this new-to me system works.

Your phone, like mine, isn’t 5G and nor is my Moho mifi, but it will just work to the best G it can receive (4G or 3G)

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Perhaps worth reminding everyone with time on their hands ( :) ) to go through their calendars and update all their relevant dates for: broadband, phones, TV, motor insurance, gas, electricity etc . Put in reminders for key leaving dates beforehand - so the optimum time for phone contracts tends to be 30 days before they finish; the best quotes for car policies is 25 days before renewal; gas and electricity contracts with penalties can be broken 50 days before the end of the contract. Companies take you for a mug if you don't.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
1 months notice required by Vodafone

I also went for a deal where they just sent me cheques before, no application, or paperwork was required. So will see how this new-to me system works.

Your phone, like mine, isn’t 5G and nor is my Moho mifi, but it will just work to the best G it can receive (4G or 3G)
As far as I have been told a lot of 3g is being switched off at the end of the year.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I’ve just phoned Vodafone to give 30 days notice. I think I’m going to have to ring back to ensure they have submitted my request.
He banged on about the mobiles.co.uk deal and then the fonehouse deal being incorrect, saying that Vodafone’s offer is currently to triple up the data for the same price and that these 3rd party companies had cocked up with their price and that it should be 24mth deal not the 12mths they advertise - even though I gave him the web page and got him to look at it to confirm it said 12mths deal!
Obviously pi@@ed off that he couldn’t beat it himself.
He finished off by saying that it must be important to me if I see fit to ring him at 9am on a Sunday morning when he would have been in bed if not working!
Maybe if he’d had bothered to ask, I’ve been up all night working myself 😂

He said that I have to give 30 days notice but do not need a PAC code to transfer my current telephone number as I would be staying with Vodafone.
Think I will check on this as don’t want to loose my number because someone was cheesed off I phoned them at 9am on a Sunday!😬
Going to ring mobiles.co.uk next.
God I love changing suppliers - they don’t half make it hard work at times

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I’ve just phoned Vodafone to give 30 days notice. I think I’m going to have to ring back to ensure they have submitted my request.
He banged on about the mobiles.co.uk deal and then the fonehouse deal being incorrect, saying that Vodafone’s offer is currently to triple up the data for the same price and that these 3rd party companies had cocked up with their price and that it should be 24mth deal not the 12mths they advertise - even though I gave him the web page and got him to look at it to confirm it said 12mths deal!
He finished off by saying that it must be important to me if I see fit to ring him at 9am on a Sunday morning when he would have been in bed if not working!

He said that I have to give 30 days notice but do not need a PAC code to transfer my current telephone number as I would be staying with Vodafone.
Think I will check on this as don’t want to loose my number because someone was cheesed off I phoned them at 9am on a Sunday!😬
Worry not you can transfer your number within Vodafone.
Just tell them you are considering all your options and are looking at all suppliers but want your SIM to become PAYG.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline

When you go through the purchase it asks if you are already a Vodafone customer, so maybe that is the time that they swap your number over. I just said no as I’ve already been issued my pac no. and have left Vodafone.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Phoned Mobiles.co.uk this morning and I've ordered a new sim only deal.
Gone with the 60GB unltd mins/texts at £20 less cash back at £8.50 per month.
However, I asked him if they still did the cash back deal without the faff of uploading the statements every other months - and they do.
I've opted for this deal - it's still £20 per month but with a one off cash back cheque paid after first 6wks of £90.00, making the monthly cost at £12.50 per month.
I know it's £4 more a month but for the difference, I couldn't be bothered with the admin work.
Plus, - and I know that yesterday's Vodafone man's job was to try keep me with them (which I have anyway) and renew directly through him, he did say that they sell your details from your statement (not sure how that works with GDPR now?).
Anyway, when the new sim arrives tomorrow, I have to ring Vodafone (again) and ask them to change my contract to a pay as you go until the change of telephone number is sorted. (I requested a PAC code yesterday but yet to receive it - unless it comes prior to contract ending)

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
text PAC to number 65075 and you will get your PAC number

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp

Another 50p saved. Email bills to them then cash direct to bank. It states 60Gb online so may need to be checked.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Just like to say thanks to all for this thread as it spurred me on to phone my provider (plusnet) and see what was on offer prior to taking up the Vodafone 60gb deal, I have been moved to 8gb for £8 with unlimited calls & texts on a rolling 30 day contract. They also said if I change my mind i can still leave at anytime. (y)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Sim card arrived.
I've been told to ring Vodafone in 30 days time. At end of the 30 days cancellation of contract period, they automatically move me from a pay monthly to a pay as you go contract for 24hrs. in that 24hrs, I'm to ring Vodafone Porting Dept. and they then arrange to transfer my current tel/no onto the new sim card.

I couldn't get a straight answer regarding whether i put the new SIM card into my phone now or wait til end of contract, so think I'll just wait on until the 30 days are up and then do it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just like to say thanks to all for this thread as it spurred me on to phone my provider (plusnet) and see what was on offer prior to taking up the Vodafone 60gb deal, I have been moved to 8gb for £8 with unlimited calls & texts on a rolling 30 day contract. They also said if I change my mind i can still leave at anytime. (y)
Why would you pay £8 a month for 8gb when you can have 60gb for the same price, albeit on a contract?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
At the risk of upsetting people, Fonehouse have just advertised another deal ... 100gb data, unlimited calls & texts, for £8 a month on a 24 month contract ... :imoutahere:

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
At the risk of upsetting people, Fonehouse have just advertised another deal ... 100gb data, unlimited calls & texts, for £8 a month on a 24 month contract ... :imoutahere:
Can you provide an exact link to this offer ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Can you provide an exact link to this offer ?

Go to their website: https://www.fonehouse.co.uk/best-sim-only-deals

Change the contract length to 24 months and you should get this:
1591739420307.png

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
You can get the same deal on a 12 month contract @ £8/month

Alternatively for £10 an EE deal with unlimited data.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You can get the same deal on a 12 month contract @ £8/month
You can get a 60gb on a 12 months contract but not an unlimited one that I can find - do you have a link?

Alternatively for £10 an EE deal with unlimited data.
Again, where is this please?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back