Peugeot 107 Urban tug-along????? (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
I can remember this being talked about before, but alas unable to find it.

I see lots of Peugeot 107s (and similar) being towed on A frames and I have a chance of buying one with an A frame, however it is the Urban version - semi-automatic. The guy selling it says its fine and he has towed it for quite some time.
I have tried to get information as to whether this specific version (the semi-auto) can actually be towed without 'fubaring' the gearbox - some say yes, some say no - and that includes speaking to Peugeot dealers too. Some of the A frame co's say its OK as "they fit lots of them", that could mean the 'semi' (as in auto) may mean it's actually not a normal auto. I don't want to tow it if it's not suitable.

Does anyone have any info that may help?????

Thanks,

Trikeman.:winky:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We "A" framed a peugeot 107 manual, and have now changed to a Toyota Aygo... both manuals..

I like the Auto,,,, but was warned off .. some say not suitable, some say OK... but rather than take a chance we went manual..:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We own a 107 and have towed it on an A frame many miles without any problem. I was told there would not be a problem and that has proved correct.

Technically I understand it there is no torque converter as in a normal auto, changing gear achieved by electronic means, which is a very different auto box, called a Triptonic - if remember rightly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the tiptronic same as the sprintshift in the merc I believe a manual gearbox with hydralic clutch, so can be used as an automatic or manual and as far as I know tows fine because it has no torque converter.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
peugeot 107 urban

I have towed my semi auto peugeot 107 for 1000's miles,behind my hymer motorhome, although it is semi auto it has a clutch and the gears are changed electrically, you must make sure the car is in neutral while towing, you need a key in the ingnition to release the steering lock, I bought a blank peugeot key with no electronics in it from ebay, I then took it to the local keycutter to be made to the same spec as the original . I would advise you lock the car with your proper key so that no-one can get in i.e. at traffic lights. Another thing I do is use a padlock in the h oles where the a-frame attaches to the car so that the a-frame does not get stolen. Regards, Mike

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Good advice above - Thanks.

Well after much advice we have gone ahead and bought this little gem.:Cool: Drives well and complete with a Towtal system.

Piccy.

We hope to get about a lot more now with this little bus on the back.

Regards and Thanks.

Trikeman. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
A Frame

Hi Trikeman

Wishing you many happy hours towng. We have a Toyota Aygo Automatic and it is great to be able to nip around to places you could not take the Van easily.

Regarding the Key we got a replacement key from the Dealer we got the car from but asked them not to electronically match it to the car. This enables you to turn the key to the first notch to release the column lock. If you turn the key fully it will turn the engine over but it will not start.

One other little tip is if you stop for a while check that the brake lights are not still on draining the cars battery. We have had it happen.

Interestly enough whilst the Aygo auto can be towed the Toyota IQ auto can't.

Enjoy.

Doug

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
replacement key for peugeot 107 without electronics.

200981074536 place on ebay to go for substitute key, less than £3 including postage, would have cost me nearly £40 from dealer, your car looks lovely, hope you have lots of pleasure from your new "Toad", ours is called "The Nana", the grandkids think it looks just like a banana with its bright yellow colour. P.S. we have bought the mifi as per Minx thread, brilliant. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back