Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Booked on ferry from Santander, Saturday. Just been to vets and found examination page full. Vet entered examination on next page and gave us letter referencing dog and being fit to travel. Anyone ever had same experience and was it accepted at departure port?
Jim

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Booked on ferry from Santander, Saturday. Just been to vets and found examination page full. Vet entered examination on next page and gave us letter referencing dog and being fit to travel. Anyone ever had same experience and was it accepted at departure port?
Jim
Yes came through the tunnel fine.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
There was a thread on this some time ago. It's not necessary for the examination page to be completed - it's only necessary when your pet is being transported by a third party e.g. airlines. The page is full in one of our pet passports as well as we were under the impression that it needed to be completed. When we came back from France this summer, the vet transcribed the declaration onto another page, although I'm certain that it's never checked as we go through check in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jtp890

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
They cant validate rabies details into new passport.

OP
OP
jtp890

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Asked that one

OP
OP
jtp890

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Just answered my own question, DEFRA advice notes state if examination page full, a statement from vet saying fit for travel, dated and stamped by practice is acceptable. Stored to laptop for presentation to Brittany ferries if required.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Jim
Yes accepted, more than once. Also I spoke to Defra and was told that no letters, no added pages were valid but the entry on an otherwise unneeded page was perfectly fine. Janie
P.S. At the time I was very insistent about the answer being correct, it was logged too. I was also told to remember that the people at Pet Passport control are working for DEFRA.

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Can you use a new passport as a continuation of the old one?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Had a problem at the tunnel a few years ago when they refused to accept the passport due to the extra pages that had been added 3 years earlier. Shot off down to the ferry and paid again for a one way crossing.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
The examination is NOT required for standard return to the UK. Note on page 3 of the new passports states - "Section X: only required where the animal is accompanied by a health certificate in accordance with EU animal health legislation."

Most vets we have used don't bother with this page anyway, but if they ask I tell them not to complete it and regularly cross several times a year with no problems. The only requirement is a valid rabies vaccination and then worming treatment between 1 and 5 days prior to crossing.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've had this with several of our dogs as their passport 'examination' pages soon fill up, they're not meant to be filled in for the type of travel (ie holiday) we do, that's why there aren't as many pages as there are for the medication stuff.

I've never seen anyone at the ferries or tunnel ever check the page but some vets insist on completing it, even using the non-used category pages to do it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back