Perspex windows (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Probably been asked before but here goes . Sitting here in a park up over looking a beautiful lake just north of Madrid. Anyway the only thing that,s spoiling it is the fine scratches in the perspex windows! So wise one,s is it possible to polish them out with some kind of cutting paste 🤔 Your wisdom much appreciated.

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
Probably been asked before but here goes . Sitting here in a park up over looking a beautiful lake just north of Madrid. Anyway the only thing that,s spoiling it is the fine scratches in the perspex windows! So wise one,s is it possible to polish them out with some kind of cutting paste 🤔 Your wisdom much appreciated.
I had a deepish scratch on a rear perspex window from contact with a bike on the rack. It polished out a treat using a fine cutting paste and a cloth.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thank,s folk,s ,just spoken with a fellow motorhomer suggested trying toothpaste on a damp cloth? . How do you say cutting paste in Spanish? Yet again thank you for your wisdom .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2021
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Yep anything with a very mild cutting action
I’ve used stuff like Brasso and it works ok
Just remember to test a small area first, somewhere near the edge of the window and rub gently in circular motions
As you get the feel, build up the pressure
Be mega careful to avoid any grit under the cloth

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Have you ever 'bulled' boots?

That's the action you need to adopt when polishing out scratches in windows.
Small circles with a soft cloth and appropriate compound.
The French have a product on sale in their supermarkets. In the motoring isle. Look out for "Fines rayures" Don't know if the Spanish sell it but they do have Carrefour which is a French Co. The Spanish word equivalent is "Arañazos finos" The words mean, 'fine scratches.' Good luck.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back