LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I found a work around just type in Google Park4night xxxxxx and it will give you a link.

Screenshot_2021-08-20-20-19-43-04_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Yes
On each site page
Im lost, if you have it on the site page you know where it is?
what are yousaying you want to make a list of numbers each reffing the place after you have serached em, then to just follow numbered list ?

wouldnt it be easier to find the site and add the zip code in your route planner, or do you like convoluted ways ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Im lost, if you have it on the site page you know where it is?
what are yousaying you want to make a list of numbers each reffing the place after you have serached em, then to just follow numbered list ?

wouldnt it be easier to find the site and add the zip code in your route planner, or do you like convoluted ways ?
In France for example thd postcode covers a really large area

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Park for night doesn’t list those on their site
Robert, I always like to read your posts and agree with most what you say, but feel you are just nit picking over p4n, you have always been against it for some reason and always pushed camper contact so why have you changed now?
Why not stick to what you like.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert, I always like to read your posts and agree with most what you say, but feel you are just nit picking over p4n, you have always been against it for some reason and always pushed camper contact so why have you changed now?
Why not stick to what you like.
Can’t remember ever being anti PFN
Maybe you’re confusing it with Search For Sites?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi Guys

I’m currently trying the Park4Night app, but can’t find a way of searching for a site using its reference number

Any ideas how you can do this ?
There is no search bar or facility to search on the app or website so Im afraid you can’t….

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Looks like searching by Name is the only option, I agree that using a number search would be a great advantage, takes away the chance of misspelling a place....

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Looks like searching by Name is the only option, I agree that using a number search would be a great advantage, takes away the chance of misspelling a place....
If you know whereabouts you are going you can search the area and zoom in to the exact spot.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Am i missing something?

Just share the coordinates.

I use p4n all the time and if i was looking to meet up with someone or share a location I'd just send them the coordinates ...they are on all the p4n locations
I think he knows all this , he is just setting out to take the p out of p4n.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It’s not just about sharing
It’s about route planning

here goes …..
When I’m looking for places to stay I might use PFN, or Campercontact or maybe something else

I look at each of the apps
Select a few potential places, then note their ref numbers eg CC1234, so that I know which app the site was on

It’s easy then to return to the site details later, however this doesn’t work on PFN.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It’s not just about sharing
It’s about route planning

here goes …..
When I’m looking for places to stay I might use PFN, or Campercontact or maybe something else

I look at each of the apps
Select a few potential places, then note their ref numbers eg CC1234, so that I know which app the site was on

It’s easy then to return to the site details later, however this doesn’t work on PFN.
It doesn't set out to be a planing app though.
It is just to find a park for that night.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm amazed by the number of folk who can't see the advantage of using the reference number. In my trip reports if we stay at a CamperContact aire I usually give its number as CC1234 or whatever it is. Then others can easily find it.

I knew there was a reason I preferred CC over P4N - although P4N is useful sometimes. :)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I'm amazed by the number of folk who can't see the advantage of using the reference number. In my trip reports if we stay at a CamperContact aire I usually give its number as CC1234 or whatever it is. Then others can easily find it.

I knew there was a reason I preferred CC over P4N - although P4N is useful sometimes. :)
I wonder why they don’t add it to their site……can’t be a major exercise surely?

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It doesn't set out to be a planing app though.
It is just to find a park for that night.

PFN is just a big database with attributes that you can search and filter by.

For example if I’m visiting an area, PFN will allow me to search for sites that are good for mountain biking - that’s a great feature

it therefore seems somewhat silly that I can’t search for a site using its site reference

I’m guessing that it’s just an oversight on the part of the web developer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back