Palencia aire, highly reccomended! (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
All the cable connections are now in a white box on the ground between the parking lanes. Impossible to miss. When you open the lid you will see what looks like 2 x 10 sockets (all 2 pin) and the wiring does not look man enough IMO but then again I do not know what amperage is being fed/taken. I can well understand how the whole site fails if numerous customers start turning on heating, hair driers etc.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
aaaaaaaaaaaah but Phil .................................. how much are you paying for the beer in the bar???????????????????? :xgrin:

And what is the weather like that far north?
Just over 1 € for a small draft beer Peter and it's Freezing. It was - 1.3 C this morning, inside the motorhome? Yesterday when we arrived the sun was starting to go down and it was 15 Deg, just right to sit outside with a coffee. Today, we managed 7 Deg. and the sun is now going down and it's starting to get chilly again. The Webesto heater still works well (never been serviced) and I put it on first thing in the morning although the fan hammers the leisure battery and with 15 minutes we have a decent temperature in the Motorhome. We move further south tomorrow, a 5 hour drive and will be about an hour North of Sevilla which had 18 Deg today. So, one more cold day perhaps before we hit decent weather.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
We move further south tomorrow, a 5 hour drive and will be about an hour North of Sevilla which had 18 Deg today. So, one more cold day perhaps before we hit decent weather.

Sounds about right for the location to be Zafra! Stayed there last week too, another free aire. Facilities are a bit manky but the location is good for the town, especially the older part. Huge light Christmas tree next to palm trees, and a very nice bar there too:xwink:

Cold at night tho. ( and yes @peterc10 we remembered our coats!)

00D78E9F-9120-4A6E-9991-4C3B4B473D7B.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Petethefeet

Free Member
Jul 14, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
IMG_1573 Camperstop Palencia.jpg
IMG_1573 Camperstop Palencia.jpg
We stopped there mid April last year (2018) as part of an 18 month Euro-tour. Completely agree with OP: excellent place, warm welcome and great facilities (although unfortunately the shower block was due to open the day after we left). Palencia is beautiful and good cycling along the Canal de Castilla.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I thought you might have run out of tea bags again. We hope you get back safely . And the best of luck with the change over. @BreweryDave . I have also put that site in my diary. And a happy new year to you and Jackie.

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Very variable. UK and Spain are the loci
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
We will be stopping a little south of Zafra. Another Aire with free Lecce and water facilities and no doubt cheap bars. I seem to stumble across these places being the tight Ttosser that I am.

Please could you give a map ref or other location details?

And if anyone knows of aires in the area Vitoria - San Sebastian [esp free!] I would be grateful to have details. I'll be going on a International Guild of Battlefield Guides recce in late June of 'Redcoats in the Pyrenees', the final phase of Wellington booting the French army out of Spain, back into France.

I'm particularly keen to try to catch a trout in the Bidassoa at Bera/Vera. At the Battle of the Bidassoa, the Redcoats caught the French in great confusion as they tried to cross the river by the single small bridge, and gave them a dreadful mauling. Not one but two reports described how "large trout could be seen feeding on the bodies of the French who had fallen into the river or drowned whilst trying to cross." To catch a trout whose ancestor might have eaten a French Napoleonic soldier would be something ...

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Please could you give a map ref or other location details?

And if anyone knows of aires in the area Vitoria - San Sebastian [esp free!] I would be grateful to have details. I'll be going on a International Guild of Battlefield Guides recce in late June of 'Redcoats in the Pyrenees', the final phase of Wellington booting the French army out of Spain, back into France.
BTW the Aire at Zafra Phil was referring to is nowhere near the Pyrenees. It is between Seville and Caceres.

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Very variable. UK and Spain are the loci
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
BTW the Aire at Zafra Phil was referring to is nowhere near the Pyrenees. It is between Seville and Caceres.

Saw that. Just picking your FLT data-brain, being of the same ilk myself. Looks handy for the trip to recce the storming of Badajoz and other scenes of the Peninsula war, of which that area has many. I missed the 'official' recce last summer because it was run at the very hottest time of year and as I can go more or less any time I like, I passed on having my brains boiled.

Grisly business, Badajoz - very grisly. To this day, the town will not allow the 5th Northumberlands to put up a memorial. The Redcoats went on such a orgy of looting, murder and rape after a blood-soaked grudge match against the French defenders that the unpleasant memory lingers on. Wellington had to erect a scaffold in the main square to try to pursuade the Redcoats to come to order.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Just arrived at the Palencia site, great place. We followed sign posts for the aire, when we got to it it was the wrong one, so DONT follow the signs, follow your sat nav (y)

Mar 15, 2018
Wrexham, UK
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis LH drive
Exp
since 1979
Stopped there in Sept will be there again this year in the park just over the bridge is a proper dog training area tunnells poles balances etc what found unusual was amount of locals catching crabs in river but lovrley place and open aire swiming pool also in park

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Now that you have told every one abut all the free facility's sume one will be along to take the piss and FLT on it and it will be closed by the spring
Bill

Aug 3, 2018
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 635
Exp
Since 2017
We stayed here on the aire the night of the 11th Jan. Excellent facilities, better than many campsites! Safe, good dog walks and we even got a free box of chocs when we topped up the van.. definitely one to remember !!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We have previously stopped in the municpal aire, its quiet enough and convenient for the town, but this one is even better, stopped there last night, what a great stop, very nicely located and unbelieveable that you get ehu and wifi and toilets for free and all the rest at nominal cost. had a drink or two in the friendly bar across the road and very happy to fill up at the garage to say thanks and got a box of choccies as well

Jon & sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back