Palencia aire, highly reccomended! (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Stopped here a couple of nights ago, CC 62523
Within striking distance of both Santander and Bilbao.
I’ll list what it has, add a couple of pics, and tell you that it’s FREE:xThumb:

Parking for at least 40 vans. ( was 3 there last week! )
Opposite a garage where diesel is €1.09 a litre.
The guvnor there has provided this FREE aire and politely requests you buy some fuel, and at that price, you do! Also has a mini market, fresh bread, vino etc.
There’s a super ( and very cheap) tapas bar next door.
It’s a 10 minute walk into the town centre through the park.

Free Wi-Fi
Free electric ( I had the Alde heating on 2kw and it was fine!)
Free dump for black and grey.
Water is a jeton from the garage, free if you’ve bought fuel, or €2.
Dog park
Kids play area
Pétanque court
Outside seating/picnic area
Bins
A toilet and shower block that would put most campsites to shame, €2 for a shower, also has 2 washing machines for €4.
Soaps, tissues, make up remover, and other sundries with a vase of flowers all in there! Amazing, although I didnt test the makeup remover:xeek:

And did I mention........FREE!

Anyway, if you’re looking for a place to stop in that area, it’s a no brainer. ( I might even move in:xrofl:)

403E89A8-B802-4503-B7E5-BE9C1B52D3EA.jpeg
92863016-40BD-4854-8E56-B1AC11A44B9F.jpeg
E9CD8065-3F58-444B-91FC-62C09E381BE0.jpeg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
T
I’ll list what it has, add a couple of pics, and tell you that it’s FREE:xThumb:

The guvnor there has provided this FREE aire and politely requests you buy some fuel, and at that price, you do! Also has a mini market, fresh bread, vino etc.

Free Wi-Fi
Dog park
Kids play area
Pétanque court
Bins
A toilet and shower block that would put most campsites to shame, €2 for a shower, also has 2 washing machines for €4.
Soaps, tissues, make up remover, and other sundries with a vase of flowers all in there! Amazing, although I didnt test the makeup remover:xeek:

Anyway, if you’re looking for a place to stop in that area, it’s a no brainer. ( I might even move in:xrofl:)

View attachment 274523 View attachment 274524 View attachment 274525
Thanks for the heads up !
One for the FLTs :xrofl:(that’s Jims predicted thingy for travellers who like to travel free!!!)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Free Wi-Fi
Dog park
Kids play area
Pétanque court
Bins

Sorry to seem dim but what's CC 6xxx mean. Is it campercontact.?

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Anyone been to camping Osuna in Madrid?
Would like to stop off in Madrid for a couple of nights before carrying on to Lisbon in May.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we stopped there last year palencia was where we had the best tapas in spain and a lot of local pink wine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Dave, what are you doing that far North this time of year?????

Happy New Year to you and Jackie.
MOT, daughters wedding, and sell van! Intend being back in the sun before end of Feb :xcool:

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Quick question (although by the picture it looks big enough) but is there any restrictions on length of outfit as I’ll be towing a trailer so makes me nearly 12 meters. Some Aires are marked bays which are no good for me.

Cheers Dave.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
So heading North towards Blighty and the cold ..........................

Why selling the van though? Thought you really liked it.

We do, love it, but have a plan......if it works out! Will let you know, but will still have a MH !

Quick question (although by the picture it looks big enough) but is there any restrictions on length of outfit as I’ll be towing a trailer so makes me nearly 12 meters. Some Aires are marked bays which are no good for me.

Cheers Dave.

Won’t be a problem. In fact, I will be stopping there again on the way back next month, and may be with a 6m pvc and towing a 9m caravan lol!

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750

Free Wi-Fi
Dog park
Kids play area
Pétanque court
Bins

Thanks that’s really useful we’ll be heading down that way next week. I’ll put it on the itinerary.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We stayed there on our way down in December, much better than by the bridge and also the one by the Mercadonna.
We didn’t use the hook up as we didn’t need it facilities are spotless and made to feel very welcome there’s also a park across the road you can walk the dog.:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:
@dpsuk999 we had car trailer total rig 12m no problem.:xThumb:

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We do, love it, but have a plan......if it works out! Will let you know, but will still have a MH !

Won’t be a problem. In fact, I will be stopping there again on the way back next month, and may be with a 6m pvc and towing a 9m caravan lol!
I think I may now understand your cunning plan ................. but why???????????????????????? :D2:D2:D2:D2:D2:D2

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We're on it now, arrived yesterday. Can't believe they expect me to pay 1 € for fresh water. Now watching free football in bar across the road. Keeping a tight reign on my reputation of being a Ttosser

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
As an afterthought, I thought it prudent to mention thete are notices up advising not to use the lecce as it blows the whole complex when too many switch on their heating
However, it works and providing you don't use electrical heating, seems to be ok. You will need a two pin connection.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We're on it now, arrived yesterday. Can't believe they expect me to pay 1 € for fresh water. Now watching free football in bar across the road. Keeping a tight reign on my reputation of being a Ttosser
aaaaaaaaaaaah but Phil .................................. how much are you paying for the beer in the bar???????????????????? :xgrin:

And what is the weather like that far north?

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Now have a permanent pitch in Portugal, where I intend to Site a caravan, and use a pvc for touring. But will be living in Portugal. Why not !
Living in Portugal I can understand. But I never saw you and Jackie as wanting to stay on a permanent pitch ......................... and especially not in a caravan. :D2:D2

Good luck though in the new venture and we hope we will catch up with you both again soon. After all you both need looking after when you wander off without taking your proper coats ..........................

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
As an afterthought, I thought it prudent to mention thete are notices up advising not to use the lecce as it blows the whole complex when too many switch on their heating
However, it works and providing you don't use electrical heating, seems to be ok. You will need a two pin connection.

We really liked Palencia. The owner was a lovely bloke, forever cleaning and chatting to people.
As Dave said, all he asks is that people who took advantage of the site fill up with fuel across the road.
Needless to say most didn't, or use the shop.
One Brit mumbled about paying for water so did about 10 journeys with a watering can using the tap for filling up the dog bowls.
Having said that, we chose not to take advantage of the kind offer of free electricity.
I think it was about 10 vans when we first arrived trying to suck sufficient amps out of this :-

IMG_5338.JPG

PS Forgot to mention. If you fancy a nice walk, go up the road opposite the petrol station to the first fork, bear left and walk to the end, here you will reach the canal with a path brilliant for dog walking or cycling.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp

According to a couple who were there when we arrived last Friday, the notice was placed after someone blew the whole site that same morning and they had to get an electrician in to fix it, god only knows what he was trying to run!
I didnt need it, but as there were only 3 vans there I hooked up to try it, and ran the Alde on 2kw all night quite happily.

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
When we arrived it had been raining. There were about 10 blokes scratching their heads looking at the power outlet.
Me being me I had to get out and have a look. A French blokes cable had wires exposed and apparently it had been making funny noises before everyone's van tripped.

Decided against....I is daft but I aint stupid(n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back