Jul 15, 2015
Isleham Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2012
Good morning all,
Looking for some advice regarding my 5 year old Oyster Cytrac satellite dish, ever time I press the open button the display says X and Y motor fault. Has anyone had this issue and is it something I can dismantle and fix myself or is it a dealer fix. If it is a dealer fix any recommendations where to go in the High Peak area. Don’t really want to spend a fortune as it’s not use much.
Any advice greatly received
Thanks

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Only you can answer your first question. It's no doubt held together by screws. Take a look inside for a complete answer.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sounds like the thing has jammed some how.
Do not know the Cytrac, but I have had it happen on the Oyster 80cm one we have.
Undid the bolts holding the dish, removed the unit top cover and found one of the worm drive 'axle's' have somehow moved.
Tip
When removing the dish leave it flat ( not that you have any choice at the moment LOL ) and when re-fitting it is easy to make sure it goes back on in the same place ( flat ! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cockers
Jul 15, 2015
Isleham Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2012
My biggest worry is once I’ve pulled it to bits, I’ll look at all the parts and think “ Oh my god what have I done and how the hell does it all fit back together ?

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
My biggest worry is once I’ve pulled it to bits, I’ll look at all the parts and think “ Oh my god what have I done and how the hell does it all fit back together ?

Take pictures / video, you'll never be a Youtube sensation! ?

Bounty Hunter

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1984
On my old Oyster 2 when this happens go to Settings and scroll until you get " Fix Arm Now" and it sorts it.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I had the same issue a few months ago. It ended up being the serated grip washers had worn away. Easy fix for a few pence but the local expert wanted hundreds to replace everything. I'm certain you'll manage a self fix.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There are not that many bits :) And if you are even moderately handy you should have no problem

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Speve

Cockers it sounds a little strange to be honest because x motor blocked means rotation and y motor blocked means elevation so I wouldn't expect to get both at the same time.
Can you elaborate at all? Does it move at all or is it stuck? Is it down in it's correct position?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back