On the road now in France, you need this attestation to travel (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Non Compliant displaced persons
will need this
I am a UK Citizen, I am armed, I am here because I want to be, Her Britannic Majesty has demanded in my passport that i be allowed free and unhindered passage were ever i need to travel or rome So BACK OFF bud or you may finish up in the Tower :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
I am parked up in France near Orleans, and as in the earlier French lockdown I am amazed at the number of people coming for one night and moving on. OK this is the end of a French holiday and Macron did say that there would be tolerance for people returning from holiday this weekend, but if it is anything like the previous lockdown then people will still be on the road. I do not know how (or whether) they get away with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I am parked up in France near Orleans, and as in the earlier French lockdown I am amazed at the number of people coming for one night and moving on. OK this is the end of a French holiday and Macron did say that there would be tolerance for people returning from holiday this weekend, but if it is anything like the previous lockdown then people will still be on the road. I do not know how (or whether) they get away with it.
And you are one of them ?

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Remember whilst you are over here chancing the rights for leisure travel. 130e for the first infringement, 1500e for the second and possible prison for a third. How loudly will you bleat if, and I hope WHEN you are penalised??? go home stay there no leisure travel.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Non Compliant displaced persons
will need this
I am a UK Citizen, I am armed, I am here because I want to be, Her Britannic Majesty has demanded in my passport that i be allowed free and unhindered passage were ever i need to travel or rome So BACK OFF bud or you may finish up in the Tower :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And no I won't translate this to French. As we know, all civilised folk speak English!

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
The were lots of fines the last time and only one in prison, I believe the French attitude has hardened and they are determined that we comply. The two weeks comment in Macrons statement was that the situation will be reviewed after 2 weeks. This almost certainly not be over on the1st December. The two weekly review is only to suggest that the government will remain open to changing situations on a 2 weekly basis. Camp sites are now refusing new stays, those already there may stay but if they leave it must be to return directly to their registered permanent residence. "Doris" will dither but the blame will rest elsewhere I am sure.

Viennese You probably couldn't translate it without "lord google" but that's OK ... one shouldknow ones limitations hee hee

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
There is no 'box' to tick on the Attestation de Placement for leisure travel, so unless you are using your van to go shopping carrying the Attestation won't help you if you are stopped by the Gendarmes. From Tuesday, when everybody should be home, they will start getting stricter.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
For any full timers in France and needing somewhere to legally stay link to [ Camping car parks ]

How do the authorities differentiate between campsites and camping-car parks? Sounds like semantics - or political influence?

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Last confinement many sites, of either name group, refused new guests. Commercial enterprises who fail to conform to the rules of confinement are much much more harshly penalised than individuals. All campsites around our area effectively closed offering continued services to those already situated.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Drove up to Somport from Benicasim today,,roads very quiet,,passed a few Guardia but didn't get stopped.Entered France and have driven down nearly to Pau. Not seen a single Police vehicle.On an aire now,,two other French vans on..Cooler than Spain, 25 degs in Huesca,only 20 degs here.BUSBY.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Drove up to Somport from Benicasim today,,roads very quiet,,passed a few Guardia but didn't get stopped.Entered France and have driven down nearly to Pau. Not seen a single Police vehicle.On an aire now,,two other French vans on..Cooler than Spain, 25 degs in Huesca,only 20 degs here.BUSBY.
Are you on your way to UK? If so can you keep posting to let us know how you are getting on. Do you have to sign a new attestation every day.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Are you on your way to UK? If so can you keep posting to let us know how you are getting on. Do you have to sign a new attestation every day.
Yes on our way back home..We have just copied out the two same forms we came out with on 1 st Sept.. Can't print anything off ..Shan't be doing it everyday..BUSBY.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
busby if you cannot download/print the gendarmes will accept a handwritten alterative. Rules say one per outing/day but you can always debate the issue if you prefer :LOL:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Sadly it would seem you are going back to your very own sh*t storm tuther side of the canal. Safe journey

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Sadly it would seem you are going back to your very own sh*t storm tuther side of the canal. Safe journey
Be very similar to Spain and France I would think but must admit felt very safe in Spain..More sanitizer available,more social distancing and more mask wearing than in France..BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
busby from what we see on the French TV not a lot of mask wearing in the UK
From what I saw in France many not wearing them over their noses..Many not hand washing in and out of the shops.Much different in Spain.Majority washing their hands in and out of the shops.French don't understand social distancing.Masks wore practically everywhere in Spain. Can't comment on uk as been away since 1st Sept. BUSBY.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We areDown in Southern Spain in our car and have been for the last two weeks. Planning to head back to the UK next weekend stopping at our house in France for two nights to break the journey as we think this is better than stopping in a hotel. None of the reasons for travel on the attestation (namely, going home) fitted what we are doing so we have written our own attestation detailing our full route from Spain into France and onto the chunnel, where we are staying, how long we are staying and stating the eurotunnel reference number, along with a copy of it. I have no idea if it will be acceptable but, this is what we have decided to do.
Safe travels to all trying to get home. šŸ‘

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Someone on Fun suggested that an Attestation sur l'Honneur is the one. I found it on. service-public.fr - Particuliers. - Attestation sur l'Honneur. Please post when you get home and tell us if you had problems. We will be doing the same in a couple of weeks. Good Luck

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Someone on Fun suggested that an Attestation sur l'Honneur is the one. I found it on. service-public.fr - Particuliers. - Attestation sur l'Honneur. Please post when you get home and tell us if you had problems. We will be doing the same in a couple of weeks. Good Luck
That is the one I used as a template. I added my own section to cover our journey. I will keep the thread updated on our progress. Take care allšŸ‘

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
From what I saw in France many not wearing them over their noses..Many not hand washing in and out of the shops.Much different in Spain.Majority washing their hands in and out of the shops.French don't understand social distancing.Masks wore practically everywhere in Spain. Can't comment on uk as been away since 1st Sept. BUSBY.
Being worn on the beach too!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We areDown in Southern Spain in our car and have been for the last two weeks. Planning to head back to the UK next weekend stopping at our house in France for two nights to break the journey as we think this is better than stopping in a hotel. None of the reasons for travel on the attestation (namely, going home) fitted what we are doing so we have written our own attestation detailing our full route from Spain into France and onto the chunnel, where we are staying, how long we are staying and stating the eurotunnel reference number, along with a copy of it. I have no idea if it will be acceptable but, this is what we have decided to do.
Safe travels to all trying to get home. šŸ‘
If they stop me and i talk to them in broad Derbyshire they won't understand me anyway. BUSBYšŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We travelled back from Germany yesterday (Sunday). I was expecting quiet roads but actually think they were slightly busier than a normal Sunday. No form because no printer. No hassle but did see 2 Gendarmerie Motorcycles at Lille that seemed to be in the process of stopping a car travelling on the other carriageway .

I took the view that I had a Eurotunnel crossing booked in a few hours time and couldnt reasonably be expected to have access to a printer so could probably argue it. I imagine they would be checking more coming away from Calais??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back