LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
A couple of weeks ago Vodafone advised of restrictions to my UK Data plan.
This morning Prime video did the same..
So who on this forum has got it in for me...I admit to being a bit controversial at times, but generally speaking I'm a good guy.... would never walk past anyone in need....except the guy who sits outside Lidl with his begging hat funding his beer intake...
I admit to bending the rules to suit....but I still have a UK passport although reside in Spain...feel free to share this with Vodafone and Amazon...

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So who on this forum has got it in for me...I admit to being a bit controversial at times, but generally speaking I'm a good guy.... would never walk past anyone in need....except the guy who sits outside Lidl with his begging hat funding his beer intake...
I admit to bending the rules to suit....but I still have a UK passport although reside in Spain...feel free to share this with Vodafone and Amazon...
Probably the same person who reported one of my drone videos on youtube for copyright infringement....all set to private and only shared here lol so it had to be a funster 😁

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Probably someone with no life. And jealous of someone with one.
Comedy Central Gamer GIF by South Park

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Probably the same person who reported one of my drone videos on youtube for copyright infringement....all set to private and only shared here lol so it had to be a funster 😁
I think YouTube pick that sort of thing up with their systems.
I had the same thing with a ELO track I used on a video.
It's those damned bots that are to blame. :xangry:

Richard.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Shoot Aleza or Siri. They listen to you ,you know

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Further to above, Amazon.UK cancelled my account this morning and activated my Prime account in Spain, which I do use for buying my dear wife expensive gifts....new coffee machine, halogen oven, cordless drill etc....but the cheeky beggers took a whole year subscription to Prime without asking first, this in itself caused a problem as it flagged up an unauthorised card use......card frozen by me.....naughty Amazon.ES.....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Further to above, Amazon.UK cancelled my account this morning and activated my Prime account in Spain, which I do use for buying my dear wife expensive gifts....new coffee machine, halogen oven, cordless drill etc....but the cheeky beggers took a whole year subscription to Prime without asking first, this in itself caused a problem as it flagged up an unauthorised card use......card frozen by me.....naughty Amazon.ES.....
I was looking at the spanish site yesterday. I see it is 3,99€/month or 36€ if paid in full? Seemed a lot cheaper than the UK?

** have you paid twice then if you already had the Uk one ,Martin ?

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi Richard....got a refund on the UK Prime...has a lengthy conversation with Prime ES.....they told me that I had Prime on trial for a month when I bought Judith an Electric drill late November....must have unknowingly ticked something I shouldn't have....bit of a coincidence I must say. 36€ a month...not bad..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was fed up with amazon taking the annual fee without notifying me they were going to. Every year it causes me issues as I only transfer enough money to that card for when I need it.

During the cancellation process I was forced to look at the settings and there is a notification setting that defaults to off. You can turn it on so they will notify you before it is due.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Wasn't me but knew restrictions were coming in regarding Prime! Apparently Sky have some deal with Amazon to allow uk prime to be available after 1st January to allow broadcasting it abroad, will wait and see I suppose unless someone knows whats happening

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Hi Richard....got a refund on the UK Prime...has a lengthy conversation with Prime ES.....they told me that I had Prime on trial for a month when I bought Judith an Electric drill late November....must have unknowingly ticked something I shouldn't have....bit of a coincidence I must say. 36€ a month...not bad

36€ a year I hope you mean! It's a lot cheaper but you don't get all the content that you do with amazon uk unfortunately

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
36€ a year I hope you mean! It's a lot cheaper but you don't get all the content that you do with amazon uk unfortunately
Yes a Year, but I have to make do with Amazon.ES...that's where we are...

As for access to shopping, that remains problem free, except when they fail to advise you that you packet has been lost (Nicked) while on route to me.....made a nice Christmas gift for Auntie Pam.....

Amazon UK have allowed me access for 13 years, but there appears to be something different now, cannot think what it could be....?

Last edited:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Amazon UK have allowed me access for 13 years, but there appears to be something different now, cannot think what it could be....?
I wonder what...:(

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Not wanting to start a brexit debate. But we leave the EU completely in a few days. Things are changing. What companies may have let people get away with in the past they may not be able to do so in the future without repercussions.

You jumped to the conclusion you were grassed up and ignored the very big change that happens on the 31st at 11pm... I am going to leave it there.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I think he was being ironic? Even sarcastic ,maybe?
Either I misunderstood the meaning of ironic or....

Sarcastic I could understand but there were no clues to this being intended to be a humorous post. If I have misread then I apologise.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Not wanting to start a brexit debate. But we leave the EU completely in a few days. Things are changing. What companies may have let people get away with in the past they may not be able to do so in the future without repercussions.

You jumped to the conclusion you were grassed up and ignored the very big change that happens on the 31st at 11pm... I am going to leave it there.
Then it was you then....😆😆😆😆🤓
Yep....it was supposed to take a light hearted view on the current situation...no worries if my humour fails to reach out to everyone....keep checking behind you....😆😆

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Why not cancel both then take out a Spanish phone contract and a Spanish prime account as you're a Spanish resident.
Actually I've just done that...@jumartoo has a Spanish mobile with data...but the Vodafone 100gb was great for travelling.... don't get that sort of deals in Spain...another 20gb data plan is due soon...
As for Prime....that's sorted too...

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
During the cancellation process I was forced to look at the settings and there is a notification setting that defaults to off. You can turn it on so they will notify you before it is due.
Thanks for the tip on this. However, I see that they only give you 3 days warning! Clearly, they want to minimise the chance you might change your mind.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I was looking at the spanish site yesterday. I see it is 3,99€/month or 36€ if paid in full? Seemed a lot cheaper than the UK?

** have you paid twice then if you already had the Uk one ,Martin ?
Rip of Britain again, Netflix charge the same in Euro for the rest of Europe as we pay in pounds. Daughter in Thailand only pays £2.99 a month for Netflix.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back