Sep

Rally October Caravan Show Malvern 2023 (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I hope the tickets arrive before we leave home, otherwise we'll have to arrange collection at the gate.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Has some folks booked with Warners, but not come on here to confirm?
That has been happening since day one of FUN attending Warners Shows. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)
That's right Jock, we had the same last year:unsure:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
So you are a couple of ralliers short of a fully pitched field. Situation Normal.

As the other rally chat thread inevitably there are some, perhaps not even Funsters who book with any club to get the couple of quid discount (and Warners have no check method), and thus who don't or omit to complete Jim's forms, or even don't even know they should do so. Tough luck on the marshalls.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
So you are a couple of ralliers short of a fully pitched field. Situation Normal.

As the other rally chat thread inevitably there are some, perhaps not even Funsters who book with any club to get the couple of quid discount (and Warners have no check method), and thus who don't or omit to complete Jim's forms, or even don't even know they should do so. Tough luck on the marshalls.
If I remember rightly we didn’t even have a Marshals form last year as it was a last minute thing. We had to request the fun area from warners . This made things even more complicated for Martin funflair .
If anyone has booked and not filled out the marshal form then please do so . I think we have 23 confirmed in the thread but 27 on the warners list .

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If I remember rightly we didn’t even have a Marshals form last year as it was a last minute thing. We had to request the fun area from warners . This made things even more complicated for Martin funflair .
If anyone has booked and not filled out the marshal form then please do so . I think we have 22 confirmed in the thread but 27 on the warners list .
23 confirmed here Neil and possibly still 26 at Warners depending on when Knaus 545 booked😏

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone has booked and not filled out the marshal form then please do so . I think we have 23 confirmed in the thread but 27 on the warners list .
There's always the chance that the other 4 aren't Funsters but just clicked on Fun as a club option when booking for the small discount - wouldn't be the first time!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
There's nothing that can't be resolved
Don't worry about it some may not want to park with the gang.

It will be alright on the night

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
There's always the chance that the other 4 aren't Funsters but just clicked on Fun as a club option when booking for the small discount - wouldn't be the first time!
We did query this last year . It appears there is not much we can do other than try and encourage the person to join as a full member. In some cases , I guess they might want to see how crazy we all are before they commit 😂😂. Apparently Warners cover the insurance at their events . Normally you wouldn’t be allowed on a fun Rally field without a current membership, for insurance reasons .

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Good point . I will be there as early as I can on the Friday so you and Nanniemate wont have to worry about any late arrivals 👍
Don't worry are you bringing the kids them having a good time is more important

Just fingers crossed for good weather like last year the rest will just happen

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We did query this last year . It appears there is not much we can do other than try and encourage the person to join as a full member. In some cases , I guess they might want to see how crazy we all are before they commit 😂😂. Apparently Warners cover the insurance at their events . Normally you wouldn’t be allowed on a fun Rally field without a current membership, for insurance reasons .
Technically as everyone is booking direct with Warners it's a meet with an allocated group area not a rally so as you say under their insurance not Fun's license for club exemption or insurance so no concerns there. It's common advice on social media just to "click on any club" to get the small discount offered for Warner's Shows so those coming may not have any idea about Fun at all! With GDPR issues & admin costs it's probably just not worth the bother for Warners to do relevant checks.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I agree Wombles . Obviously their Warners pass displayed in the window will show the MFUN yellow ticket and they will be asked to park up in that area . In reality it wouldn’t be difficult to sneak in to general camping , safe in the knowledge you saved a whopping £2😂😂.
I guess some of it could be innocent . They join as a free member on fun ( never post )and then presume they are ok to use the discount without being a full member. If they the turn up at the rally , hopefully they like it , and join the club . 👍

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Some funsters arrived last year but had made their own arrangements and didn't park in the group area

funflair did have a list last year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back