Not impressed with green flag (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Had breakdown cover with green flag for two years tried to use them last year and wasnt impressed with the service,it was an app that my phone couldnt use,and when trying to phone was getting told to use app,in the end the local landrover garage came to rescue,however i was on auto renewal and the renewal date was 16 may ,i phoned and cancelled on 4 th of may ,the guy at green flag (direct line) assured me that money wouldnt be taken out of bank, and i wouldnt have to cancel my direct debit , i then bought breakdown cover with rac and paid for it over phone,
checked nothing had been taken out of bank and threw all documentation away,
turns out they took £116 out of bank on 26th may, ive just spent half hour on phone (0345) number to be told that it might take 14 days before it is refunded into bank……………i was livid their mistake and im left without £116 in my bank, and being told it wont go straight back to account, because we only use that account for vehicles , and its been hit just lately with services ,rac(dearer than greenflag) ………… what if i was hard up? It could have caused financial hardship, he said if i went overdrawn they would recompense me ,and i said”what another 3/4hour on phone?”its tantamount to theft ………… moan over off to sit in sun😀

Apr 28, 2021
Fareham, UK
Funster No
MH
Now sold
Exp
Since 2015
I hope you get better service from the RAC than I did, left me for 5 hours, despite numerous text messages saying they are on their way at midnight I rang again and a contractor came within 10 minutes. I cancelled and moved to green flag :LOL:

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
contacting the Rac call centre is a horrendous experience expect to keep in line for at least 40 mins .

Nov 11, 2019
South Hams
Funster No
MH
Hymer tsl708
Exp
A while now
I had to use the Greenflag app last Saturday afternoon, received a call within 5 minutes to say on the way, arrived within 20 minutes. Very courteous and efficient.
RAC .....I haven’t got the energy to describe their poor service over the years, but then sometimes it’s just luck😕

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Had breakdown cover with green flag for two years tried to use them last year and wasnt impressed with the service,it was an app that my phone couldnt use,and when trying to phone was getting told to use app,in the end the local landrover garage came to rescue,however i was on auto renewal and the renewal date was 16 may ,i phoned and cancelled on 4 th of may ,the guy at green flag (direct line) assured me that money wouldnt be taken out of bank, and i wouldnt have to cancel my direct debit , i then bought breakdown cover with rac and paid for it over phone,
checked nothing had been taken out of bank and threw all documentation away,
turns out they took £116 out of bank on 26th may, ive just spent half hour on phone (0345) number to be told that it might take 14 days before it is refunded into bank……………i was livid their mistake and im left without £116 in my bank, and being told it wont go straight back to account, because we only use that account for vehicles , and its been hit just lately with services ,rac(dearer than greenflag) ………… what if i was hard up? It could have caused financial hardship, he said if i went overdrawn they would recompense me ,and i said”what another 3/4hour on phone?”its tantamount to theft ………… moan over off to sit in sun😀
You can claim a refund from your bank under the direct debit guarantee.

I switched from green flag to Auto Aid this year, we were with them years ago and had a breakdown which they dealt with well.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We use Auto aid for the car. Very pleased with them when we broke down (twice). Couldn't fault them at all.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I have switched to Green Flag and have been impressed with their service. Yes, I noted that the automated message on the phone line said to use the app, however, I was having problems logging into app at the time so I pressed on with phone call. A very nice lady took the call, booked the breakdown assistance (which was to our drive and we needed to coincide with dealer time-slot for battery change). She booked the time and then passed me on to someone who sorted out my app. The Green Flag man turned up at the appointed time, got the car started and followed us to the dealer in case we had problems.
Very happy.

Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 744
Exp
I'm a newbie
You can claim a refund from your bank under the direct debit guarantee.

^^^^This.

If you phone your bank and tell them that it has been confirmed that it was a mistake then they will refund you same day,

OP
OP
P
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Yes ive gone full circle back to rac who i left after many years, of good service but then an abysmal experience so went to AA and then green flag, heyho im calm now, i think its an age thing when you get annoyed when you are inconvenienced because someone else hasnt done their job correctly. And jim you are right i shall ALWAYS cancel direct debit myself in future………a lesson learned.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I have switched to Green Flag and have been impressed with their service. Yes, I noted that the automated message on the phone line said to use the app, however, I was having problems logging into app at the time so I pressed on with phone call. A very nice lady took the call, booked the breakdown assistance (which was to our drive and we needed to coincide with dealer time-slot for battery change). She booked the time and then passed me on to someone who sorted out my app. The Green Flag man turned up at the appointed time, got the car started and followed us to the dealer in case we had problems.
Very happy.
I couldnt get the GF App to work/load at all ( not broken down just wanted it working in case)
Called customer service who put me through to App department
They sorted it remotely and now it has all my info

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back