Not illegal immigrants, but Diddicoys at CiteEurope (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
well why cant cornwall be its own country . as you know we already have our own stannary parliament recognized by the big one .
mebyon kernow .
nip den cows kernewek.

You know why. The queues to get across the bridge at Saltash would be even worse than they are now.
(I can't see lorries trying to get across 'Checkpoint Horsebridge' any time soon).:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there also might be an increase in black clothing and black horses . i believe they are breeding them at the moment.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Would like to know once the diddicoys have either gone or been moved on? Supposed to be stopping there on our first night a week Thursday after a late train crossing and won't be great introduction to France in the MH for my already apprehensive wife(n)
A better introduction would be Gravelines

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I would not chose to stay there myself, first night in or last night out, it is simply a supermarket car park, but each to their own

But we wouldn't use the supermarket / shops / or café options, prefer local bakeries, bars etc.

We like Montruil-sur-mer, half hour drive from Calais but much nicer location, luckily we all like different things so hopefully there will always be space at MsM for us, don't rate Gravelines either, so we really must be different to most :)(y)

If we have more time we get down nearer to Rouen, Pont de l'Arche or La Mailleraye sur Seine
We went over the weekend and stayed at Cite Europe as Eurotunnel had a 6 hour delay so never got over to calais till 2.30am, it was quiet when we got there :) and the first thing we saw was a gendarme with the biggest dog i have ever seen. I was nearly as tall as him lol. Anyway to cut a long story short the following night we ended up at Gravelines which was not planned and although the scenery was ok the noise of the traffic on the road behind it at various points in the night means we wont go back. Not tried the MsM one but will look at that next time.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
usually get the welsh answering , or bretons .

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We crossed yesterday, Sunday, and tried Wissant Aire for a change. Nice clean Aire , free, with dump facilities but no water. Short walk into the village and the beach. About 20 minutes from Calais. About 20 places with a few available while we were there.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We crossed yesterday, Sunday, and tried Wissant Aire for a change. Nice clean Aire , free, with dump facilities but no water. Short walk into the village and the beach. About 20 minutes from Calais. About 20 places with a few available while we were there.

A great place, beach can be a bit windy good cappuccino at beach on left at end of main road to beach

Joe

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Wasn't that the one were the bikes were stolen the other
week ?

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
And the local buses tear round the car park at 6am, plus we've witnessed French tipping their cassettes through the grid designed to take grey water. :eek: Not very pleasant.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Wasn't that the one were the bikes were stolen the other
week ?
That's the very one as I remember,I think I'd be inclined to give that one a miss,no point looking for problems.

May 14, 2015
Wrexham, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2014
Was there that night, there were 15 MH's mostly Brits. Did have some concerns but to be fair they didn't bother anyone and they kept their distance from the rest of us who corralled ourselves at the opposite end. The police did approach them as they had been searching the trees at the back of the car park for a young male whe had been earlier near the fence. No hastle as such though and it is adjacent to the police station! Only 3 minutes from the terminal so ideal spot if you have an early crossing or arrive late. Is this an aire or just the only car park there without a height barrier?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
No it's not an aire, it is a car park but you are allowed to stay overnight. There is a dump in the petrol station and also fresh water if you need them. Think it was €2 for water last time we were there.

Denise

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If your coming back, by Lidl there is a gate sometimes it is open it takes you to the pet check in saves going around

Joe

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back