NO TRIPS TO EUROPE THIS YEAR? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
By the sounds of it , it seems with a possible third variant of Covid in Europe we will not be able to travel there. Now the problem is that there will be too many Motorhomes and Caravans on the road and not enough sites to take them all.

Colyboy

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
By the sounds of it , it seems with a possible third variant of Covid in Europe we will not be able to travel there. Now the problem is that there will be too many Motorhomes and Caravans on the road and not enough sites to take them all.

Colyboy
I think the best way is to join any rally's or meets and don't forget a lot of us on here have a reasonable amount of knowledge to ask / find a way of useing our vans a lot don't have access to the information we can share on Motorhome Fun and they're more likely to be on the camp site's, we will be giving Camp Site's a miss this year.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I watched the news tonight and it did suggest traveling abroad is unlikely. It’s very sad for lots of funsters who I know are chomping at the bit to get into France,Spain and beyond .😞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I watched the news tonight and it did suggest traveling abroad is unlikely. It’s very sad for lots of funsters who I know are chomping at the bit to get into France,Spain and beyond .😞
So did I and obviously we heard different words. I heard we are unlikely to go this summer. That quite a lot different than unlikely this year. I’m looking at autumn for visiting France 🤞🤞.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
No plans, no bookings, no stress.
When and if we want to leave our post code (when allowed to) we will phone around in the general area we will head, if there is a pitch on a site great, if no so be it.
Kali Wali. Mafi Mushkala.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Take a look at all the threads in April and May last year.
Even Macron said he wouldnt be opening til October.
He opened less than 2 months after saying it on June 15th.
We hadnt even locked down yet last year.

It may be true, but there is shed loads of time for this thing to decrease significantly and people have been known to change their minds. Fluid situation I would suggest

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
For heads up folks, you have to book the ths with CCC this year, Used to be just turn up
What is a THS? Where can you find out info about them and where they are? Sorry if I appear to be a bit thick, but I’ve never heard of it 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
What is a THS? Where can you find out info about them and where they are? Sorry if I appear to be a bit thick, but I’ve never heard of it 🤷🏼‍♂️
If your a C&CC member you can go on their website and look up out and about
Input an area and dates where you want to go and see what THS (Temporary Holiday Sites ) are running

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
They are Temporary holiday sites, run by Camping and caravan club.
quite often they use school playing field or football fields and they list them in their club magazines

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Isn't that what politicians are meant to do? Like electricians sorting out electric stuff, plumbers sorting out...
Yes, and do you know how difficult it is, a to find one, b to get them to turn up, c to get them to do a professional job ?

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I know this will create antagonism, but I didn't start the politics on this thread, the above post did. We shouldn't be "grateful" to Johnson for anything.
If Johnson & co had followed the advice from SAGE earlier, and not been so desperate to lift the lockdown(s) too early, we'd have been in a far better position, and tens of thousands of deaths would have been avoided. And as for Sunak and his "Eat out to Help Out the Virus" brainwave!

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
Take a look at all the threads in April and May last year.
Even Macron said he wouldnt be opening til October.
He opened less than 2 months after saying it on June 15th.
We hadnt even locked down yet last year.

It may be true, but there is shed loads of time for this thing to decrease significantly and people have been known to change their minds. Fluid situation I would suggest
I second that , give it time,

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Temporary holiday sites in the UK, for members, both the CCC and CAMC have them. CCC - it used to be a just turn up to a ths, most weren’t bookable, however, this year if you find one that you want to attend you have to book. CAMC are only bookable. They are a great way of holidaying. Some have leccy, most don’t.
beaten to it!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
At the risk of introducing a bit of thread-drift I've just booked at C&CC site online and it was painless - the website just worked. I'm guessing they've overhauled it as it used to very difficult to book with them online. :)

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Still hopeful, booked the tunnel for 1st August need something to look forward too. If it doesn't happen I'll move it further ahead. Glass half full guys 🤞🤞. In the meantime we will get out and about here. First trip Aberfoyle end of April not quite how we imagined our 30th anniversary but will make the most of it..
Stay safe all.. 🚐

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Selfish lot you Funster people....we are stuck here in Europe trying to get out to see our friends and family in the UK.... don't suppose anyone thought of us....yet another year of blue skies, cheap wine and Paella....and we ain't had any holes in upper arms yet....🤔😀😀😀😀😀😀🍷🇪🇦

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
All bookings rolled over from last year for start of school holidays. Personally I think we’ll be going. If it’s too risky I won’t need a politician to tell me not to go, didn’t last year. We’ll see.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back