Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Thanks Amy. It does look perfect - although people mentioned road handling issues with the height on reviews - nothing I'm not used to with the our big Hymer though Id imagine.
Hopefully the left hand drive will keep it hanging around until we're ready to look at it.
A lot of people are buying left hand drive now i don't think it will be there long

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How taste is different, I love it, I would consider it definitely, great tourer, its just the front wheel drive that's puts me off which is why we have just bought a rear wheel drive Concorde.
LHD, it would go for much more than that in Germany, offer £26000 cash and you have a real bargain.
Yes it is well worth the money & an excellent van
Sure I passed this on ebay a while back ? Thought it was a good buy & as you say you rarely see them up for sale.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thanks Amy. It does look perfect - although people mentioned road handling issues with the height on reviews - nothing I'm not used to with the our big Hymer though Id imagine.
Hopefully the left hand drive will keep it hanging around until we're ready to look at it.
Personally I'd be making viewing that van a priority....i don't think it will be there when you get back

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
They are not listed on Concorde site , but are built and sold usually as Possl in LHD

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It may look a bit different, but if you want a good quality van @Jac Sprat then this would be one I would make the effort to see. It certainly seems to tick all your must have boxes.

There may be a knowledgeble Funster near by who could go and take a peek at it for you while you are away.

I think that's a good idea to get someone nearby to take a peek for them, you need to see them in person. I would be ringing them today for more information and more photographs for sure. Ask if they can reserve without any deposit or if the deposit is refundable if you don't then like it.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Did you miss my thread, a Concerto on Iveco 6.5 metre A class 2005 3 litre 166bhp. A great touring van we hope.

Yes, I didn't see your thread but congratulations on your purchase... when do you take delivery of it?

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I would think that van is very heavy so not much available payload

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I think that's a good idea to get someone nearby to take a peek for them, you need to see them in person. I would be ringing them today for more information and more photographs for sure. Ask if they can reserve without any deposit or if the deposit is refundable if you don't then like it.
Thanks Paul
Id be surprised if they did that. I cant get there for 10 days now due to my ski flights. If its meant to be it'll be.... like jim says in his Buying a moho book on the forum "Never think you have to have this van. There will always be another one like it "
I have emailed asking for more pics and details. There's hardly any description on the ad at all. Hopefully its ugly mug will put off the 'appearance is important' brigade!

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Paul
Id be surprised if they did that. I cant get there for 10 days now due to my ski flights. If its meant to be it'll be.... like jim says in his Buying a moho book on the forum "Never think you have to have this van. There will always be another one like it "
I have emailed asking for more pics and details. There's hardly any description on the ad at all. Hopefully its ugly mug will put off the 'appearance is important' brigade!

I like the design and style but if you don't like it then its no point in pursuing, you have to live with it don't forget. If we hadn't bought one then I would have been down there like a shot, if Southdowns had this for sale it would be another 8-10 grand.

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
2176AD05-5688-4883-BA17-3BEB9E7172E2.png 47E72C97-592D-4B6B-86D4-C28C453DC185.png Southdowns have a link to a 2014 Globecar brochure which shows a mixture of Concorde and Vario.
It looks as though this van you have found may not be 6m long and it is certainly over 3m high.At 5.45m long and with all the steps internally I think Jackie might struggle for space.Perhaps this isn’t the one,very confusing.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
View attachment 215195 View attachment 215196 Southdowns have a link to a 2014 Globecar brochure which shows a mixture of Concorde and Vario.
It looks as though this van you have found may not be 6m long and it is certainly over 3m high.At 5.45m long and with all the steps internally I think Jackie might struggle for space.Perhaps this isn’t the one,very confusing.

No, they did/do different lengths, 5.45 metres and 5.99 metres. The one in question is the 5.99 metre one I think, you can tell by the external pics. They go for very good money in Germany.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks Paul
I'm afraid it's like I thought at the beginning , @Jac Sprat doesnt really have a clue what she wants, there's a van there just wants looking at but she would rather jet off and probably secretly hopes it will be gone when she comes back so she doesn't have to commit to actually buying something.
Sorry not being nasty just how I see it.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
No, but have you rung them and enquired?
Sadly life circumstances of a personal nature beyond my control have got in the way preventing me from buying a van for a few weeks which is why i booked a holiday so i at least get to ski this winter. If by a miracle it is still there when these circs get sorted then i will ring up and view it. At the very least this is another model that ticks my boxes i can add to my short list. I appreciate its frustrating for everyone who kindly gave me advice but that still will be invaluable when i come to make my choice which looks like April now. Please dont judge me on this as you have no idea whats going on and i cant share it as its personal. Rest assured you cant be more frustrated on this front than me!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks like a quality bit of kit Ken but I still can't see how you take a shower "do they have one"?

Martin

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes of course they have a shower. If you look on the pics there is a shower curtain which I believe extends into the companion way, for want of a better description, when in use.

Close on £50k when new I believe.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Looks like a quality bit of kit Ken but I still can't see how you take a shower "do they have one"?

Martin

Yes, the only one of these I have seen, there was a hatch in the aisle before the rear bed which lifted and a flexible curtain pulled all around, don't know if they built them all like that or not, dependent on year etc. It was quality engineering and as solid as a rock build quality the one I looked at.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back