LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
That means the shower should be quite roomy for a van of that size. Just the bloody curtain sticking to your skin. :eek:

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Well, it doesn't look like @Jac Sprat wants this, I still maintain it won't be around long, make a cash offer of 26-27k and you have a real bargain that will sell for that amount in 3 or 4 years, these are real quality builds. Southdowns would be wanting another 8-10 I reckon for this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
That means the shower should be quite roomy for a van of that size. Just the bloody curtain sticking to your skin. :eek:

Yes but it was roomy and at least you don't have those bloody tambour doors on the new models today, coming out of their runners, have to dismantle if the shower tray needs replacing etc.:D2

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well, it doesn't look like @Jac Sprat wants this, I still maintain it won't be around long, make a cash offer of 26-27k and you have a real bargain that will sell for that amount in 3 or 4 years, these are real quality builds. Southdowns would be wanting another 8-10 I reckon for this.
I think we should leave @Jac Sprat to make up her own mind when the time is right, it took you long enough Paul:LOL:

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes of course they have a shower. If you look on the pics there is a shower curtain which I believe extends into the companion way, for want of a better description, when in use.

Close on £50k when new I believe.
I can see the shower curtain but can't see any evidence of a shower or drainage in the floor though.

Anyway, shower curtain "i'm out"

Martin

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just an hour up the A1. MIL lives in Leeds and we are up there this next week. Know the area well we lived about 5 miles away when first married.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
If I go next week Martin I will take some pictures, might even take a towel and ask them if I can have a dohbi. :rofl:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sadly life circumstances of a personal nature beyond my control have got in the way preventing me from buying a van for a few weeks which is why i booked a holiday so i at least get to ski this winter. If by a miracle it is still there when these circs get sorted then i will ring up and view it. At the very least this is another model that ticks my boxes i can add to my short list. I appreciate its frustrating for everyone who kindly gave me advice but that still will be invaluable when i come to make my choice which looks like April now. Please dont judge me on this as you have no idea whats going on and i cant share it as its personal. Rest assured you cant be more frustrated on this front than me!
Enjoy your break and skiing holiday .
Come back refreshed and armed with all the helpful information you will get the best van for you and your Hubbie.
Safe travels on the slopes!!

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
No, but have you rung them and enquired?

I have emailed asking for more pics and details. There's hardly any description on the ad at all. Hopefully its ugly mug will put off the 'appearance is important' brigade![/QUOTE]

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Wash them in fabric conditioner and they wont.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
@Jac Sprat enjoy your holiday, you deserve the respite. the perfect van rarely exists, usually some compromise to make. John loves the van we have, I am not so keen but have had it for nearly 3 years and we can fit the motorbike in, and i can get my electric bike in easily when away on my own. Forget about motorhomes while you are away and have a chill out time.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Im hardly going to cancel a ski holiday am i?
No of course not. I think folks are determined to find you a van, whether you want if or not!

Enjoy your ski holiday, where are you going? We are in the alps at the moment and have fantastic snow.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
True but i cant right now and maybe others can.

Wow, I was joking but you are serious.
The words that spring to my mind at this second are; arse, more, elephants, than, an, cheek but I am struggling arranging these words in the correct order to form my sentence.
I need some help.

Not only finding you a van, we've now got to buy the bleeding thing and no doubt deliver it round to your house, any particular time\day?:LOL:

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
No of course not. I think folks are determined to find you a van, whether you want if or not!

Enjoy your ski holiday, where are you going? We are in the alps at the moment and have fantastic snow.
Brilliant! Im getting a plane to Poland tomorrow night just when temps are going to reach their lowest in this cold snap - in this case minus 20!
Going to a little known small linked area near the Slovenian border we happened upon motorhoming last year called Bailka Tetryzanska in the Tetra mountains.
There are five small village resorts with a medieval history all with just a few runs each - about 30 in total - no blacks. Very cheap and my booking.com pension added half board for no extra charge! (then tried to change their mind when they heard i was vegan but i said its ok i just wont eat the meat!)
I might try cross country and tobogganing too. Its going to be a kind of solitary retreat too after a lot of stress this month so i hope ive chosen the perfect spot and stay off my phone long enough to relax.
Where are you?

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Wow, I was joking but you are serious.
The words that spring to my mind at this second are; arse, more, elephants, than, an, cheek but I am struggling arranging these words in the correct order to form my sentence.
I need some help.

Not only finding you a van, we've now got to buy the bleeding thing and no doubt deliver it round to your house, any particular time\day?:LOL:

Selected a lovely row of emojis but it seems I am only permitted to choose one.
She who will be served.(angel with halo emoji refuses to be uploaded haha)

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Sadly life circumstances of a personal nature beyond my control have got in the way preventing me from buying a van for a few weeks which is why i booked a holiday so i at least get to ski this winter. If by a miracle it is still there when these circs get sorted then i will ring up and view it. At the very least this is another model that ticks my boxes i can add to my short list. I appreciate its frustrating for everyone who kindly gave me advice but that still will be invaluable when i come to make my choice which looks like April now. Please dont judge me on this as you have no idea whats going on and i cant share it as its personal. Rest assured you cant be more frustrated on this front than me!

Well whatever the problems are jac, I hope they sort themselves out easily,, good luck mate! X

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Well whatever the problems are jac, I hope they sort themselves out easily,, good luck mate! X
Nothing special i was just bad at processing it all this month. I hope my upper vocal register comes back though. Its not flu or sickness as I'm fine. Stress is a vicious little bugger.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Better idea, you buy it and if you don't like it you can make a nice little profit on it.
Is there much profit in it really?

Broken Link Removed

2010 version so newer, 41k KM on the clock only 2200cc but the 3000cc is a heavier lump so would you want it in a van struggling for payload, €34.3k in Germany, there are plenty of others with more miles and less money.

Martin

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
She is better off forgetting about a motorhome for skiing and do as she is doing now, which I and others suggested at the beginning, then she can forget all this winterising stuff and get a real bargain van.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Is there much profit in it really?

Broken Link Removed

2010 version so newer, 41k KM on the clock only 2200cc but the 3000cc is a heavier lump so would you want it in a van struggling for payload, €34.3k in Germany, there are plenty of others with more miles and less money.

Martin

This one is the Compact - the one mentioned in this thread is the Vario

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Dont confuse the thread any further Martin. Some know what you're talking about. Many think Concorde is just an aeroplane but we know different.

Last edited:

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Dont confuse the thread any further Martin. Some know what you're talking about. Many think Concorde is an aeroplane but we know that's spelt Concord.

I thought the aircraft was 'Concorde'. I think there was some argument at the time over the use of the 'e' but the French won that one!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back