NFU saved me a packet.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by pappajohn, Oct 20, 2009.

1. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +31,046
    just been to the local NFU office (actually 9 miles away:Sad:) to get a quote for my hilux.

only differences between my current (CIS) and the NFU was £100k legal expenses cover against £50k with CIS and the general excess is £150 against £100 with CIS.

unlimited euro cover (no limit on length or frequency of trips) with NFU.....30 days with CIS.

after a lot of um-ing and aar-ing he admitted i have £1k comprehensive trailer cover which i never knew but is also included with NFU.

premium....£367 with CIS......£302 with NFU

rang CIS to cancel renewal and all hell broke loose...."i'm sure we can beat that" he said.

within seconds it came down by £54 then desperation set in.

you need to get it down by another £11 to match it then i want you to beat it.

now how desperate are they????

"do you have a co-op points card?" No. "no problem i'll issue one and you get cashback on your premium so that should beat your quote."
    no commitment there then.:Doh:

anyway you can quess who won and i can go and talk to the nice lady face to face.

incidently....for all you with an NFU policy......as the NFU is a mutual society they give a 6% "members" discount on insurance renewal but next year is the centenery or bi-centenery year and they are giving a 12% discount as a bonus.

ps...and i told 'em about my speeding fine!!!!:cry:

2. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0

3. pappajohn

Ratings:
    +31,046

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Ratings:
    +13,917
    Two of the best companies in my opinion:thumb:

5. pappajohn

Ratings:
    +31,046
    Agreed Geo, but ya gotta cut costs and go for the cheapest option with similar cover at the moment.

more years ago than i care to remember i had a vauxhall victor 101 estate which was stripped and converted to a camper and they were the only company to want to insure it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  6. geoff1947

geoff1947

Ratings:
    +95