Newish van, shower floor and outside locker key barrel (1 Viewer)

Sep 7, 2014
Far North
Funster No
MH
None yet
Exp
None
Hi
Two problems have emerged from latest trip in our 2015 Elddis Majestic 195.

When someone steps into the shower/wc, the floor makes a loud popping sound, no leaks, just seems to flex and makes the noise. Is this usual? Danger of cracking? Should I drive 70 mile round trip now to dealer or wait til habitation check for guarantee in Sept?

The lock barrel for the attery compartment comes out with the key, when either locked or unlocked. It looks like a curclip is missing, but I don't want to take it to bits. Phoned dealer who said it was the way the key was turned!! Not convinced. I am going to lose the barrel soon.

Any helpful ideas gratefully received.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
On both counts I think you are right to be concerned..
I wouldn't be happy if the floor was able to flex excessively,and the lock barrel should defiantly not come out of the housing like that..
As you say either clipped in at the back or a pin that would need extracting before it can be removed..
Andy

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Why is it that certain dealers and other businesses think that customer service is "we have your money now feck off" attitude....(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I have had a similar situation when I returned my new van back to the dealer because the window in the lounge part was cracked, the person in the reception area was telling me that I would have to pay and these windows were about 900 pounds and I must have damaged it, when a chap who was listening to my conversation with this bod Introduced himself as the head mechanic /technician and he asked me to show him the window after he inspected the van all round he said you need two new windows as they are both faulty and they will be replaced at no cost to you .It gave me great pleasure to go back into reception with the service guy and arrange an appointment and emphasised at no cost to the customer:) so don't be fobbed off and get them fixed FOC as they are faults.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Sounds like some Doctors Receptionist's when you phone up for an appointment they want to discuss your symptoms. Last time one did that I asked where they got their medical degree from and if they had not got one then shut up and make me an appointment or if the doctor needs more information put me through to them and I will discuss it. Very tight lipped answer 'doctor can see you at 5pm today'

Near as bad as the person who phones up trying to sell something and the opening question is how are you today. Answer starts with F before I put the phone down !

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Take it back to the dealer,the shower tray sounds like it has been fitting wrong,some flexibility yes,but not with a popping sound,something is missing from beneath the tray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H
Sep 7, 2014
Far North
Funster No
MH
None yet
Exp
None
Thanks. Will take it back, see pic of lock.

Attachments

• IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 25

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Mine do the same,its a small clip on the back,but after being told u r turning it wrong,just for that comment,TAKE IT BACK

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
I agree with UK bill
turning it wrong way my ass
The lock is a very easy fix