New UK aires company has started up (1 Viewer)

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Until someone has been to one we won't really know what it's like, but this afternoon with the rain stopping anything outside I have been looking around this web site, and it does seem to have been cobbled together, and no mention about what happens if others are on the camp site.
The example they have has all facilities, and 27 spaces , well surely that place isn't just set up for this outfit to fill them.
I think you will find that the example you give, which what I guess you are referring to, doesnt exit, I dont think. There is no such sports club in Birsay. The post code is to Birsay hamlet. I think it is just a made up example to show potential customers. I think someone up thread said the sport club was from another country.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Am I missing something, there is nothing to say whether they have 2 sites on their books or 2000, am I just being stupid and missed the obvious?
Good luck to them though, anything that establishes more stopover places has to be good news.
I wouldn't say that it has to be good news ...so if lots of these places pop up with no facilities at £15 pn ...and more restrictions come along on parking in unauthorized places ...the campsites will increase their prices stating that they do have facilities so in the end its just something else that becomes more expensive to do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Until someone has been to one we won't really know what it's like, but this afternoon with the rain stopping anything outside I have been looking around this web site, and it does seem to have been cobbled together, and no mention about what happens if others are on the camp site.
The example they have has all facilities, and 27 spaces , well surely that place isn't just set up for this outfit to fill them.
I recall you had a similar reaction to the introduction of somebody setting up ‘exclusive and remote’ sites. Let’s all be positive, look on the optimistic side and wish those all the best in trying to establish a business for themselves.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I recall you had a similar reaction to the introduction of somebody setting up ‘exclusive and remote’ sites. Let’s all be positive, look on the optimistic side and wish those all the best in trying to establish a business for themselves.
Yeah a very similar thing, but they were out and out for money making, what was it £60 a night or something similar.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021

If this is referring to me, I'm afraid you've got the wrong person. I've never posted anything about 'exclusive and remote' sites.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Why very contentious? Why probably best left alone? Why not a good idea?

GJH has made statements - he's clearly well versed in the 1960 Act... he can surely answer my questions with no problem.
You had to do it didnt you 🤦‍♂️

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
All these new things that come up in the name of "Aires" are actually nothing of the sort.
Sadly i dont think rip off Britain will ever grasp or embrace the true concept of an Aire like in europe. Everything here is driven by making as much money as possible in as short a period of time as possible.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
As I said above, I suspect you know why. Aside from that, this is a very nice forum, where people help each other and share a laugh. It would be a shame to turn it into a divisive and argumentative forum, don't you think? :)
I don't think this site is exclusively about having a laugh or helping each other.

I don't consider anything I've said could be construed as divisive or argumentative. I am asking questions which, considering what GJH has said throughout this thread, he should be well qualified to answer.

There's nothing wrong with discussion.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
The EU and most other countries are happy to have aires, stellplatz, etc why not the UK?
My opinion, and only my opinion..

We are a nation of 'jobsworths', most businesses want immediate profits, very few, if any, do things just for the benefit of travellers, unlike the countries you mentioned.

Most Local authorities haven't got a clue regarding tourism, height barriers everywhere carparks empty overnight, mostly down to archaic laws that no one can be bothered to change.

As I said, this is just my opinion (having worked in local government for 27 years), of course I may be completely wrong.

May 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail F70
If it helps ( and yes I’m prepared for the sack full of arrows that this will attract) - I will be testing the system some time in the next few days after we finish the CCR200. Yes it’s content, no I am not biased, yes I will be documenting warts and all.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
My opinion, and only my opinion..

We are a nation of 'jobsworths', most businesses want immediate profits, very few, if any, do things just for the benefit of travellers, unlike the countries you mentioned.

Most Local authorities haven't got a clue regarding tourism, height barriers everywhere carparks empty overnight, mostly down to archaic laws that no one can be bothered to change.

As I said, this is just my opinion (having worked in local government for 27 years), of course I may be completely wrong.
I think you're right but also I think most other countries are far keener on tourism than we are .

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
If this is referring to me, I'm afraid you've got the wrong person. I've never posted anything about 'exclusive and remote' sites.
No it wasn’t

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Perhaps you can answer the following...

You say that there are many reasons for the differences between the UK and the EU. Bearing in mind that the EU is totally risk averse, can you explain what the differences are between the UK and the EU with regard to their stance on aires/stelplatz, etc?

The EU and most other countries are happy to have aires, stellplatz, etc why not the UK?

I don't think anyone is saying that we should ride roughshod over the population as a whole. Can you explain why the needs of the general population would be affected in a detrimental way by having aires?
As I said previously, the differences have been discussed on numerous occasions and can be found by anyone searching old threads if they want the facts.
I'm not going to waste my time (yet again) holding anyone's hand to take them through it.
If you are really interested in learning the facts, do the searches please.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Right, if you think this site is above board, shouldn't we push it because it seems to have everything these other firms have and it's free and online.
Read my post again - I have pushed it on numerous occasions. That being the case feel free to join in. Others, of course, will not join in because it provides facts rather than supporting the case they wish was fact :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Read my post again - I have pushed it on numerous occasions. That being the case feel free to join in. Others, of course, will not join in because it provides facts rather than supporting the case they wish was fact :)
Well I for one had never seen it or any links you had put up to it, don't know if it's against any rules on here or not, but for anyone who is looking for genuine stopovers, from free upwards with any fees going to the actual owners of the stop, not to some middle men, then have a look at this website,it has far more places than any of these jumped up money making schemes.
So here is the link again, have a look see what you think of this one.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well I for one had never seen it or any links you had put up to it, don't know if it's against any rules on here or not, but for anyone who is looking for genuine stopovers, from free upwards with any fees going to the actual owners of the stop, not to some middle men, then have a look at this website,it has far more places than any of these jumped up money making schemes.
Do a search for UKMotorhomes :)
Andy became a Fun member in 2011 but I see that he hasn't been seen on the forum since 2017.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do a search for UKMotorhomes :)
Andy became a Fun member in 2011 but I see that he hasn't been seen on the forum since 2017.
So why have we got people pushing these money making things when we never hear about this guy's website, with all the same stuff and more for free.
Is it still up to date or lapsed since 2017

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think ill stick with park4night ....its never failed me yet.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
So why have we got people pushing these money making things when we never hear about this guy's website, with all the same stuff and more for free.
Is it still up to date or lapsed since 2017
Yes, Andy's web site is up to date. You only need look at the article dates.
The only significance of 2017 is that the UKmotorhomes membership profile shows that that was the last time he was seen on Fun.

You will have to ask the promoters of UK Aires, Britstops &c why they offer alternatives rather than promoting Andy's web site.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes, Andy's web site is up to date. You only need look at the article dates.
The only significance of 2017 is that the UKmotorhomes membership profile shows that that was the last time he was seen on Fun.

You will have to ask the promoters of UK Aires, Britstops &c why they offer alternatives rather than promoting Andy's web site.
Because no one has heard of it, I have been on here about 8 years and it's the first IV seen of it yet everyone knows about britstops and even this new thing now, must be something wrong with his advertising.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I don't think this site is exclusively about having a laugh or helping each other.

I don't consider anything I've said could be construed as divisive or argumentative. I am asking questions which, considering what GJH has said throughout this thread, he should be well qualified to answer.

There's nothing wrong with discussion.

Absolutely, as long as it doesn't turn into an argument.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Because no one has heard of it, I have been on here about 8 years and it's the first IV seen of it yet everyone knows about britstops and even this new thing now, must be something wrong with his advertising.
I don't think it's accurate to say "no one has heard of it". I obviously have for one :)

I don't know what advertising, if any, Andy uses to promote the site but I just Googled "motorhome stopover" and it was top of the list. Google "motorhome aires" and it comes 6th, add UK and it is top of the list again.

Andy has a contact page here so maybe you need to ask him :)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
It sounds like you're trying to open up a very contentious debate. Not a very good idea and probably one best left alone. I suspect you already know that, though :)

As I said above, I suspect you know why. Aside from that, this is a very nice forum, where people help each other and share a laugh. It would be a shame to turn it into a divisive and argumentative forum, don't you think? :)

Absolutely, as long as it doesn't turn into an argument.

Are you a new adminstrator?

If not then I don't see that it's down to you to dictate what people post.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I'm not dictating at all, just making suggestions and giving my opinion :)
Maybe… maybe not.

I found your posts, which were aimed directly at me, patronising and dictatorial… even with the smilies!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back