New UK aires company has started up (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I’d rather not Jim… something tells me we wouldn’t get on!

Point taken though :giggle:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Maybe… maybe not.

I found your posts, which were aimed directly at me, patronising and dictatorial… even with the smilies!

Sorry but I can't control how you react to anything. Only you can do that :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
For me it’s Location, Location, Location.
I’m not bothered who owns it, who takes the commission, who cuts the grass.
I need to be in the place I am visiting not miles away. Too many campsites, large and small are miles away from where they say they are. It’s important to us as my wife is disabled and has a mobility scooter to get around, too many don’t even have a footway outside their site.
The best sites for us are Temporary Holiday Sites, they are usually in the place they say they are,they have water and waste disposal. They are the U.K.s nearest equivalent to the European Aires.
Britstops / pub car parks are good for the odd night when travelling distances as it saves cooking a meal, but too expensive for a three night stay if eating out is a requirement.
The difference between here and Europe is that most Aires are local authority owned sites and our local government is disfunctional and incapable, so there is no provision here but there are exceptions to that thankfully.
I’ve no idea if the new business has the right model. The Market ultimately will decide that.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
It does look like an ill-planned, ill-executed get-rich-quick scheme to me.
Indeed it does, and I was daft enough to sign up to get the info, it may have been a relatively small amount but honestly for £15 pounds a night you can stop at somewhere like haven holidays at this time of year and still get change from your £15, I will be cancelling my subscription forthwith.(y)

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Interesting. Thank you for this review. I guess there are two questions I have - one is how many sites do they have on their web site - especially as you are paying a monthly fee. And what is the coverage over the 4 countries of the UK. 2nd question is how easy is it to join for a few months, stop your subs & then join again. I was thinking for those who dont use their vans in winter for example. Will be interested to see how this co-exists with Britstops.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Why dont you just use

Phone them then just turn up, most are free and even offer water and gray water disposal

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Interesting. Thank you for this review. I guess there are two questions I have - one is how many sites do they have on their web site - especially as you are paying a monthly fee. And what is the coverage over the 4 countries of the UK. 2nd question is how easy is it to join for a few months, stop your subs & then join again. I was thinking for those who dont use their vans in winter for example. Will be interested to see how this co-exists with Britstops.
Joined today to have a look. £2.99 a month stop when you like. 44 sites as far as I can see. Mostly England. Will be ‘unjoining’

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just received this spam email in our sailing club business account . . .

At least we now know what the business gets out of it namely £7.50 per booking per night.

1634051621713.png

OldWomble

Free Member
Feb 22, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
AS Kemerton XL
Exp
25 years
Don’t see this working when many on here are complaining about C-CP charging about €10 a night with water, waste, electricity and wifi!
why pay £15 a night to park with no services when there are plenty of CS sites at well under £15 a night and give you water & electric?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The landowners should care. With the increase in the number of similar schemes the situation is more likely to come to the attention of licensing authorities.
Our laws/bylaws are so out of date and don't understand Motorhomes. The UK situation is just plain ridiculous.
You just don't get this stupid petty mindedness abroad they welcome Motorhomes with open arms.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our laws/bylaws are so out of date and don't understand Motorhomes. The UK situation is just plain ridiculous.
You just don't get this stupid petty mindedness abroad they welcome Motorhomes with open arms.
They aren't out of date at all.
As this thread from Monday shows, all people who wish to create an aire need do is obtain a site licence and planning consent.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
The landowners should care. With the increase in the number of similar schemes the situation is more likely to come to the attention of licensing authorities.
That might be no bad thing, it might focus a few minds on the need and the opportunities.
ezee

Reactions: GJH

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Just caught up with this thread.

Having been paying an average of €20 for full facilities (EHU, showers, toilets etc) and mainly large pitches, it does seen on the expensive side for what you get. 🤷‍♂️

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Nice review but £2.99 a month and £15 to stay in a pub car park, not for us.
Interesting that it was also a CS site. Wonder if the charge directly (not through UK Aires) was the same? Given that it seems 50% of the cost goes to UK Aires then it should be cheaper I would hay thought.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back