New to Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Aug 5, 2018
Hornchurch
Funster No
Hi everyone , Well my wife and I have Just purchased a new Burstner Lyseo 728 Harmony .

I know we will need accessories, a lot , but can you point me in the right direction please!!

The bank account is going to get some more pain!

I look forward to hearing from you with helpful advise !

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hello and welcome lots of good advice can be had on the forum it’s well worth the joining fee. Good luck with your new van(y)(y)(y)(y)

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Put the obvious things in eg crockery and cutlery, pillows and bedlinen (in whatever form you want) some basics in the fridge and a simple meal plus utensils to cook it with, a few toiletries in the bathroom cabinet and book a camp site fairly near to home. Or, indeed, camp out in it on your own drive.

When you discover you haven't got a whatever - add it to a list - and only buy what you NEED - not everything you see that think you might (but in truth most likely never will!) when you see it. This is more important with a motorhome than eg a caravan, because a) storage space is limited and b) so is weight for the ruddy accessories!

Jackson's of Old Arley isn't very far from our house, but quite often the only thing we spend money on there - is lunch!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
This is the best accessory we bought:
https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/quest-...kzd3s6MdGEBXa8e5_Q5-3YXJmXwnjL7hoC--4QAvD_BwE

and
animated welcome group purple.gif

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
My best bit of advice would be to have a notebook and pen to hand so you can note for your first few trip anything you you realise you have forgotten or need and the things you find you are carrying around that you don't use and are just wasting space and after a short while you will have the basics sorted.

We always use a checklist of what to load on our motorhome for trips away and a check list for what to do turn on and connect up and more importantly what to load up, turn off, shut up and disconnect before leaving site.

Always make sure your wife is in charge of the checklist and in that way you always have somebody to blame if something gets forgotten. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back