LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We are well on our way......;) You have some catching up to do.

Bring your bikini.....:Eeek:

image.jpg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just left Varne ,on Coast road , this morning ! Now back in Essex.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I found them all huddled up in a corner of The car park like the wagontrain in the West, I got to talk to a few and they ACTUALLY live near me!!!!!!! My problem is I cannot remember names, and when you add in avatar names as well, then I am sunk.
I noticed a notice saying it is forbidden to smoke passed this sign and next to a steam engine!
Off to The Lincoln show in a week or so, I must check the date this time, so I will see a few more there. Name badges compulsory for me.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well we were hiding in a corner and trying to avoid you, but you found us anyway ;)

Good the meet up and looking forward to next time (y)

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Many thanks to one and all for making it fun.
I now know how the horsey thing moves around the chess board (Mike B) A Blue job (scousebird) the train is actually a Locomotive (engine driver) how to replace 10a fuse (Eve) The difference between a spitfire and helicopter (group participation) My Booths Gin bottle may have been valuable. fox trot/gender issues (cruiser) .
Treasure hunt winners Swelc outstanding display of orienteering.
excellent carrot cake (shunter) well Sandra.
Pete and Shirley (petethemover) for their hospitality
Mysteries unsolved; 1. who was looking for the loo`s in the dark and ended up in a tunnel.
2. Was the threat to tie a well known Funster to rails serious or undertaken.
well the list is endless in making me enjoy the weekend.

Great time many thanks for donations to the Railway these have been passed on.
Ramon (B-well)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Many thanks to one and all for making it fun.
Mysteries unsolved; 1. who was looking for the loo`s in the dark and ended up in a tunnel.
2. Was the threat to tie a well known Funster to rails serious or undertaken.

Ramon (B-well)
Dawn B's knot tying skills were awesome.......... Awaiting the first train with trepidation.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Just finished unloading the van and about to get shut eye ready for w*rk in the morning but thought I would relay my experiences from a newbies eyes..

So we got delayed after the w thing on Friday and so it was after 10 by the time we eventually arrived at the gate to the car park.. all darkness.. we drove in slowly to be greeted by dark vans and silence.. We reversed a boy and debated the next steps.. 4 hours home, an appealing layby back on the road we came in on or the extra 10 miles and head off to France. Just then we saw a smiling face approaching. 'hi you must be the late arrival, they all started drinking at lunch time and they've turned in for the night .. I'm @scousebird why not park here and we can sort it all out in the morning, do you have water etc on board?'

A bit of a palava with the pup (involving emergency bed sheets ) and we snuggled in for a sleep convinced we wouldn't make it through the weekend..

Saturday morning arrived and we started the puppy routine ready to see what the day brings.. another approach from Helen checking we had slept ok and had all we needed as well as a suggestion for breakfast.. by the time we had the pup settled we had met a few other people and were feeling good about it all again so headed to the cafe for an amazing brekky..

In the next hour or so I think most of the funsters stopped by our van to say hello and we got our pack from @B-well (including the treasure hunt we didn't get round to.. sorry Ramon) and by 1/4 past 11 we had the van rearranged (don't ask why, I don't know) and were off to Hythe with a gang of funsters prepared to take a small Kentish town by force (of shopping enthusiasm)..

I won't go on now but from then until we left to visit Dungeness (take my advice and don't follow us there it's a dreadful place) we had a great time, felt welcome and embraced by the funsters (not literally although I did wonder if @cruiser was going to do his hip trick at one point) and everyone made us feel very much part of the gang. We even came away with some lovely lemon drizzle cake....

To all the funsters at the meet, thank you. I can't tag you all with a story but I hope we meet again soon so we can get to know 'the new in-laws' even better.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Home again. Big thanks to Ramon for pulling it off again.
Can't wait till next meet

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Great weekend sorry got lost doing treasure hunt :) big well done to Ramon. Now parked by Seine in La Mailleray sur Seine sunny then dodging showers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back