New Members joining by the dozen (1 Viewer)

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I spotted in the New Members section that no fewer than 12 people have joined Motorhome Fun today alone!
That's a staggering number. I don't know if it's an average head count or whether today just happened to be especially productive.
I congratulate them on finding us and joining us but I congratulate Jim even more for creating such a wonderful and worthwhile website.
I do hope those that signed up today actually pay their £15.
I have to admit that I rarely give the new members a welcome until after I have seen them change from green to blue. I don't see why they should have a free lunch!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We always have a flurry of new members when a new issue of the magazine is published. But 99% don't subscribe, they are happy to be read only. There are literally many thousands who log in everyday who read every word we write, they can see most everything and don't feel the need to subscribe. You only need to subscribe if you want to interact or attend rallies.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I spotted in the New Members section that no fewer than 12 people have joined Motorhome Fun today alone!
That's a staggering number. I don't know if it's an average head count or whether today just happened to be especially productive.
I congratulate them on finding us and joining us but I congratulate Jim even more for creating such a wonderful and worthwhile website.
I do hope those that signed up today actually pay their £15.
I have to admit that I rarely give the new members a welcome until after I have seen them change from green to blue. I don't see why they should have a free lunch!

Of course there was a Dozen joining.

Most of us are still too old to understand Decimal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Seems strange to me that lots are read only when you can get good benefits from subscribing.

It’s not a large amount imho for the gains you get.

Still each to their own 😊

I agree it is not a huge amount. But being a newbie I can tell you it can add up. If you joined every forum and club it would come to a lot of money. I think Jim has it right, I didn't have to pay at first and therefore I was able to browse until I knew it was something I want to spend my money on. As an example I also joined the Burstner Owners Club UK and found it to be money wasted. The BOCUK won't allow you on their site until you have paid them so you are taking a leap of faith.
Good luck to those that get this site for free, I am happy that my £15 is value for money.

Cheers

Gerry

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Over the years I must have saved a fortune by being a member. So many hint and tips. The daily quiz is worth it alone. Rally meetings are great fun.
Example. Buying a lithium battery gets you 10% off.
Phil

OP
OP
KiwiKampers
Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Over the years I must have saved a fortune by being a member. So many hint and tips. The daily quiz is worth it alone. Rally meetings are great fun.
Example. Buying a lithium battery gets you 10% off.
Phil
I also think the daily quiz is worth the subscription. Thanks to dryad.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I had been camping and motorhoming here and over there and restoring classic vehicles for donkey's years before I joined but I appreciate the technical, operational, site and equipment/parts suppliers information even if it's just committed to memory for future reference.
For the past lockdown year I've been compiling a list of 'must visit' places and routes that have been shared on here, ready for when the foreign travel restriction ease.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
To get answers back on problems I am incapable of solving alone (most within 30 seconds of posting) £15 is an absolute bargain!
What can you get for £15.....

Dec 6, 2016
Wigan
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Over40 years
I have to say that our subscription has been worth every penny! With the help of DBK I hope I've got it right, we had the most wonderful travels round Corsica in 2019. You advised to go anticlockwise, recommended places to stay overnight and didm at least forewarn us of the very narrow roads and steep drops!!! Thankyou., DBK, we have memories,with our photos, to look back on now in lockdown thanks to you.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
To get answers back on problems I am incapable of solving alone (most within 30 seconds of posting) £15 is an absolute bargain!
What can you get for £15.....
5 cups of coffee.
The knowledge of dozens of experts I won’t name names but you know who you are. Many thanks to all of you. You must have saved many funsters hundreds of pounds in fitters fees. And I also get many belly laughs. And the occasional visit to the dunces corner is good. I like a good old chinwag and a cuppa 😂

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
I used to just view the forum without payment and enjoyed it. Then one day someone called Jim said "no more" so I had to pay, and to be fair after sunbscrining I do get more out of the forum now. There is more of interest to read in the areas you couldnt read without subscription, although I was considering asking for a rebate when I saw Old Mo's jokes !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back