New Aires in Portugal (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
BreweryDave-how are you both? We think back fondly of the time at Alcantrilha. Is that right about Mikki's?
Freezing here in Yorkshire!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
BreweryDave-how are you both? We think back fondly of the time at Alcantrilha. Is that right about Mikki's?
Freezing here in Yorkshire!
All good here. Mikkis never was legal, but they seem to have more than 9 livesšŸ™„
Moved on from Alcantarilha now, it had run its course and no improvements were being made, so we voted with our feet, now living at Alvor having bought a rather large 40ā€™ static mobile home on the residential part of the site here šŸ‘

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
All good here. Mikkis never was legal, but they seem to have more than 9 livesšŸ™„
Moved on from Alcantarilha now, it had run its course and no improvements were being made, so we voted with our feet, now living at Alvor having bought a rather large 40ā€™ static mobile home on the residential part of the site here šŸ‘
Oh well best of luck with your new place and home. Not sure when we'll get the chance to come back to Portugal. Keep safe.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I think I read it in Portugal News on-line?
The situation is Really bad in the Lisbon area, by far the most new cases from that region --' but the situation is improving day by day!!!!
The latest in the saga is the guy coordinating the vaccine roll out has resigned as hundreds of people not entitled to the vaccine yet have had one------another fiddle-----and then th eu have told Portuguese government to cut corruption šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
The whole country is on the fiddlešŸ™ŠšŸ™‰šŸ™ˆ

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
If this works-- it's a screenshot of German assistance in Portugal

Screenshot_20210204-213908_Chrome.jpg

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Could be new laws, restrictions, call it what you will, in Spain.....only got sketchy information will post more as we have it.
Basically some regions will restrict stays to 48 hours...applies to Private and Public Aires (Camperstops) not campsites....brought on by winter overstaying and camperstops operating like campsites but without the same regulations....@jumartoo is going to follow up on this....perhaps on here or separate heading...

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I note that the Official Camper stop at Gale is not on the map.

It would seem that the RAARA are a group of Companies who have come together to promote their
own facilities, (and there's nothing wrong with that,) but to fall into the trap of thinking that RAARA
sites are the ONLY legal sites on the Algarve is simplistic.

OP
OP
Roger S
Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
I wasnt aware of RAARA, just looked at their website and it looks like you need to join, it doesnt look tempting enough for me.

Roger

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Letā€™s hope so because before COVID you could never get onto a aire on the Algarve in the winter

I would also like more basic aires to open just a dump and water

Most of the aires have turned into campsites with kitchen tents etc they look like shanty towns
Lazy copy of wot I posted a couple of days ago:
"Now the tip.
Tavira is rammed, however 4 days ago, I sent the lovely people here asking to reserve a pitch.
Back came the reply asking for Reg No and, when I had supplied that, another message arrived advising us that there was a place and to arrive before 12 noon which we duly did and got on.
There was even a bucket complete with our Reg. No. on it in the middle of the pitch."

So, there you have it.
I appreciate there is a loss of spontaneously touring but the sites at 'Algarvemototorhomepark' are good.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold šŸ˜Ÿ
Exp
1990-2023
Just found this. Looking at driving the Douro River early May. Has anyone any information of must see places and good stops along the route. Like Aires type stops.

Thanks

Carol

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Just found this. Looking at driving the Douro River early May. Has anyone any information of must see places and good stops along the route. Like Aires type stops.

Thanks

Carol
We toured Portugal 4 years ago and loved the Douro. If you search you can find my thread with pics and stop overs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back