LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
How often do folk change them ? ( and has anyone got a spare they wanna sell !! ? )

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I have not had to change mine yet so can't directly answer your question but I was told to change it when it no longer removes blue food dye. I guess that checking that is probably not a simple thing depending on how you have it set up and the type of water pump! Easy to do if you can isolate it and just pump some through from a small container and catch the output.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We change our filter once a year.
They are not cheap, but we would not be without our Nature Pure Filter.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Started off changing at the beginning of each season but now every other, and living to tell the tale.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The reason I ask is cos I just went out to drain down the water and it dawned on me I have never changed the thing in the past 5 years plus !
Removed it completely for a really good clean out.. All was in excellent condition but of course I am now gonna change the filter cos gawd knows what is in the actual filter its self !

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Harald told me himself that the only time you need change the filter is when water stops coming through it. Harald is the only person in the UK to sell them, so he should know.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Harald told me himself that the only time you need change the filter is when water stops coming through it. Harald is the only person in the UK to sell them, so he should know.

I would echo Snowbirds reply,as I asked him the same question and he said when the flow of water was reduced it was time to change the filter(y)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
An Engineers opinion
Those fitted with a drinking water tap will not need to change as often as those filtering all their water obviously
In the RV that has huge tanks and where we can be a little more relaxed about the amount we used
a filter usually starts to slow down after year two, and into year three we have a drinking tap so only filter water for drinking, but drink a lot of Tea coffe etc and have guests on board now and again,the clue is in the flow.
After day one the filter if its doing its job will be contaminated, and it sits there all the time your useing it as it gets blocked with more and more bacteria it slows down indicating
1. The filter area that is filtering is getting less NOT that it is letting stuff through
2, It's now time to change and not every year as recommended by the filter sales team, after all, if its letting stuff through after 1 year it was also letting it through 6 months earlier, BUT
Ignore slow flow rates at your peril though, because your pump might not survive, even if you do
G

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
When I had a plumbed-in filter at home, I changed it when the flow reduced to an unsatisfactory level. But that was more than once a year due to the volume going through. Seems to me that a filter that has been used for much longer may start to harbour all sorts of stuff. If you have a filter it's likely you want assurances about the quality of the water you drink, so I'd change it to be sure. Not sure what the manufacturers say regarding usage but I don't think they'll guarantee more than 12months.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Intersting @Snowbird , @Red Dragon and @Geo
There is definitely no flow reduction at all.. I shall just refit the old one then ( unless someone has a spare to flog that is LOL !! )

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Hmm we use a Filtapac Econoflo in our caravan (not heard of a "Nature Pure" filter) and will be fitting one to our motorhome when we get it

We change the Filter annually whether it needs it or not to ensure he antibacterial action is kept up
We changed from the Whale one simply down to cost the housing is £30 and the replaceable filter is £9 so in the long run when our filter change is due we pay £9 instead of £27

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hmm we use a Filtapac Econoflo in our caravan (not heard of a "Nature Pure" filter) and will be fitting one to our motorhome when we get it

We change the Filter annually whether it needs it or not to ensure he antibacterial action is kept up
We changed from the Whale one simply down to cost the housing is £30 and the replaceable filter is £9 so in the long run when our filter change is due we pay £9 instead of £27
Try paying circa £250 for the kit and £54 every year for filters then tell me they only last one season

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

That looks like a good system and very cheap compared to the Nature Pure system

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That looks like a good system and very cheap compared to the Nature Pure system
Have a look at the Screwfix options ! I think they start at well under £40 and have all the filters in stock.. for not a lot of beer tokens :)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
There's filter's and there's filters I doubt that the cheaper one's would claim to make canal water fit to drink as do Nature Pure.Not that I would suggest trying it.I know that I feel safe allowing my grandchildren to drink the water straight from the tap or in squash.They claim to give safe drinking water from Scotland to Spain and probably beyond.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back