DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I reckon it's that nasty 5 letter stain above the number plate that really needs cleaning off :LOL:;)

Mock away, the one really good thing about a Hymer is it is just about the only continental name not to be misquoted

Our first MH was a Pilote, we were told by the dealer to pronounce it 'like the man who drive the planes' :doh:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi David

Guess I will have to polish our roof before Lincoln just to make sure it's cleaner than your. I will put the jacks down first to make it a bit more stable though.

Martin

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Tip I was given for a green roof.

Biological laundry liquid, nice cheap supermarket own brand, use quite a strong solution to get it clean , then a weaker one to keep it that way. Just use a soft brush and wash as normal, smells great

Works well on patios too if you use a stiff yard brush

Adrian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
All these tips are great, but until I can get a MH where the roof lifts off and I can clean it on the floor somebody else can do it, it looks a long way down when stood up there on a soap covered slippery roof :D

you lot are much braver than me (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We have a small gutter on our static van and clean it with a power wash two or three times a year, only takes a few minutes 47 ft each side :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have a small gutter on our static van and clean it with a power wash two or three times a year, only takes a few minutes 47 ft each side :D

It gets worse, now you are proposing working at height, carrying a cumbersome appliance that is in itself attached to mains power!!

That's before we consider the harm we might do with a high pressure washer on my sealant joints

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
All these tips are great, but until I can get a MH where the roof lifts off and I can clean it on the floor somebody else can do it, it looks a long way down when stood up there on a soap covered slippery roof :D

you lot are much braver than me (y)
Get some big stepladders David. Mine are 7 steps plus platform and I can reach more than half way across the roof from each side so relatively easy to clean it without standing on it.

As regards pronunciation of Hymer, most people I've heard say "high-mer" but I read somewhere that the correct pronunciation is "him-mer" :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back