Free Member
Nov 16, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
approx 20 years
Hi some funsters will be aware that I have been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, My Chemo Dr has said I have 80 per cent change of chemo working, He is confident, A Nasty shock for us but staying positive. I have had 1 of 3 sessions of chemo and apart from a few minor side effects I feel fine. Going to see Gynea surgeon on Thurs to go through surgery options As I will lose my hair I have bought from the wig clinic a rather nice Platinum Blonde short wig also as as some know I like pink so a pink one coming from amazon. I am staying positive and will continue to rally and drive my van. even though I am on facebook I am not broadcasting it on any pages that go public
Ths for readin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sorry to hear this, stay positive, wishing you a good recovery,. sounds like you will be having a good selection of hair pieces to experiment with, so many ways with turbine @Janine had quite a selection, do post when ever you feel like a bit of a chat.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Good to hear your positive attitude. I sincerely hope all goes well and you're fighting fit as soon as possible.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Sorry to read that. Very best wishes for a successful outcome of your treatment.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Poor you that is dreadful news. I love pink so I do hope at some point you will feel able to post a photo of you in your pink wig as you will get lots of positive comments from us ladies and even some of the boys I'm sure.
I hope the chemo goes well.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Aww, bless you. Horrible and scary news. Good luck with your treatment, keep strong and stay positive. I like your style. :xThumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Good luck with the treatment..
Stay positive.

Blonde ... They say you will have more fun.. :xThumb:

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
However you dress it up its shit news that no one wants to hear, but hoping for a positive outcome for you. Don't be worried about losing your hair - my missus looked great on it and it fulfilled all my StarTrek fantasies!

As I said on the other thread she did a blog which was a great way of her not having to give an update to friends and family every time you see them. It documents the hair loss and thanfully its recovery which you might find useful you need to scroll to the bottom to start at the beginning.

https://tinabertieblog.wordpress.com/the-slow-explosion/

OP
OP
Candy Floss

Candy Floss

Free Member
Nov 16, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
approx 20 years
Picture of blonde wig , my hairdresser is going to trim the fringe as I was chewing, will post pic of pink one when I get it.

Attachments

• new wig 1.jpg
    new wig 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 85

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back