Mousy Goes To France Day One.. (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @Fenman it was the building the tourist information centre is in. I thought it was clever.

@Mousy - hope you got home OK and have got at least two loads of washing under your belt! (y)

Ha ha you know me well, yes back safe and sound, van all emptied and washing on the go.

I've missed updating because of the Internet. Only 2 posts left to bring you all up to date. Here's Friday's..

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We enjoyed one last swim in lake annecy with some more floating about with our pool noddles then with a heavy heart we packed up the van and set off, after wishing our friends Bon voyage. They will head down to the south of France for another 3 weeks.
We really enjoyed our week in Annecy and hope to return.
Our Funster besties @cliffanger had given us the coordinates to an aire in Dole, so that's where we headed. What a delightful place!
image.jpg

image.jpg

The aire was right next to the river, it was still baking hot so Harry and I made use of the noddles again for a swim, there were locals lounging on the bank and swimming, the current was very strong but luckily it just took you in a circle back to the bank. Some of the kids were jumping off the bridge into much deeper water but I dissuaded Harry from following with dinner in this lovely bistro.

image.jpg

An evening stroll into town revealed a lovely artisan bakery which we noted for the next mornings crossiants etc. you'd have thought the lads would be getting fed up with pain au chocolate and crossiants but they are still managing to stuff at least 4 each down their necks each day!

We have really enjoyed using our newish van and everything just works so well, not once have we gazed enviously at another...until we pulled up next to this...smart car in the garage, we can but dream!
image.jpg

A quiet night by the river except for some awful bird that sounded like emu on acid, think it was a stork or heron. It was also still really hot!

In the morning Martin and I enjoyed a few hours exploring Dole with a coffee and crepe, people watching session sat in the sun surrounded by lovely old buildings and beautiful people. Would definitely recommend Dole for a night or two.
image.jpg

Onwards towards Calais.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Thank you Mousy i have really enjoyed your holiday,hope you Martinhave another very soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have really enjoyed using our newish van and everything just works so well, not once have we gazed enviously at another...until we pulled up next to this...smart car in the garage, we can but dream!

We sore one of those a few years ago in southern France with Smart in the back and they even put a nappy on their little dog to protect the white leather interior!

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Mousy for great read of your adventures looks like you had a great time

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We left Dole with Calais in the daft nav, no destination in mind to stay but wanting to avoid Calais itself. Our crossing being lunch time on Sunday.
We found an aire on the map at Bellicourt but it only had parking for 2 mohos. We decided to go there and if full move on to others up the road. At this point we wanted somewhere to sleep, bbq our last meal and walk the dog.
Imagine our delight to arrive here..
image.jpg

image.jpg

Everything we needed, this is what's so good about France, a little village in the middle of nowhere but provides a safe place to park and service the Moho. There was a lovely cool breeze so we took the bikes up into the village, sadly even though it was a Saturday night nothing was open! We noticed a sign to a British war cemetery and memorials in the village for both children and adults killed in both wars but lots of enfants were lost in the first war. No internet so we couldn't Google to find out more of the history.
image.jpg

We came back and got the cadac out for our last meal in France.
We ruminated on our hols, the highs and the lows and overal decided we'd had a lovely holiday!

First aid required...
Harry tripped over his flip flop and may loose a toe nail.
George managed to lean on the electric fly killer thing and gave himself such a shock he lost the use of his arm for a while!

Broken or damage to the van....
Fridge lock broken, but luckily we carry a spare, although we all got used to shouting "fridge door" whenever we went around a corner, prompting the nearest arms to shoot out and hold it closed.

Best bits for me..
Really spending quality time with the lads, I found out that George is an amazing whistler and neither like tomatoes, you think you know your kids inside out but as they move away and grow the experiences they have without you change and develop them. I guess we all got to know each other again...small spaces with limited resources do that!

Im glad I decided to write this diary and I hope you my fellow funsters have enjoyed reading it. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, limited internet meant I couldn't always reply, but I kinda knew you were with us in spirt...even if you were all rolling your eyes at our slight ineptitude.

A big thank you to @cliffandger Dole was wonderful, couldn't of found it without you.
image.jpg

Until the next time auvoire xx

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's been a good, fun read.

Thank you.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Haven't commented before but have been a closet reader, really enjoyed your adventures, thank you for taking the time to write them.:)

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome home to wet West Wales it has been a great read from start to finish thank you.

Richard

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Thanks for the lovely trip. Almost felt we were all with you.
I just love those parasols so thanks for the location.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
sorry to hear you are back. but glad you are safe and sound. thanks for some great reads. it was keeping us going until we can do the same. well done funsters.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Loved your Blog Mousy, thank you. Loved the camping table too but it does look a little heavy!

Bet the weather is a bit of a shock, put our heating on today couldn't stand it. Put chicken stew in oven too!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes, a great read and you packed so much into one day. You must tell us what happened on Day Two when you have a moment. :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Great read.(y)
Think we should have a whip round to send our roving reporter off again.;)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I will go for that . as long as we go as well. they seem to know how to have fun

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks all, not too long to wait for our next adventure as we are away with another Funster couple in September, destination as yet undecided...Italy, Germany or France again.

We came back ok on the tunnel, didn't spot any imergrants, Martin got in line with ruby at the pet passport place whilst I had a cheeky shower, boys "forgot" to close the blinds as I disappeared into the bathroom, so if you were the guy with the black Labrador I apologise if you got an eye full, hope it didn't put you off your lunch. :rofl:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Great trip, great story, great photos, thanks for posting and sharing your trip with us.(y)

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Thank you very much for the resume on our next years "Way points" enroute to Lake Garda ish, Chamonix golf course my treat, Opera at Verona Mrs Moo's, could I be a bore and ask roughly how much to budget for Tolls to get to Annecy and back. If known. Thank you. :)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
@Moodybrook we used out snf tag, which worked brilliantly, no hanging out the window!
We used any roads we wanted including motorways as last year we tried toll free but we didn't seem to be getting anywhere fast!
I'll go into our account and let you know.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Calais to Reims = £30.30
Reims to Troyes = £14.30

About half the journey. Rest isn't showing on the statement yet.

Via Michelin says it will be 69.20 euro one way.

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Madame Mousey ......could you please tell me about taking dog(s) to France. We are hoping to go to France and Spain at Christmas in our new motorhome and are hoping to take our two furries with us - Belle the Bichon Frise and Lola the Chihuahua.

I know about them having rabies jabs and then our vet will issue their pet passports. Also, I know you have to get a vet in France to give them a tapeworm tablet (and it is cheaper to take your own tablets) between 1 and 5 days before you return. I've read that it is advisable to use a vet further away from Calais as they tend to charge less. Is there anything else you have to do? Do you always have to queue and have their passports checked on the way out and then again on the way back in, or are you chosen at random to be checked? Is it quick and straightforward? Hope you don't mind me asking?

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, plenty of mishaps but sometimes they make the holiday more memorable! It sounds like you had great fun rebonding with your boys, our two girls have just reached the age where they wouldn't be seen dead going on holiday with us but I'm sure that once they hear of our Moho adventures they will decide to come and try it out (that's if we let them of course).....

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, yes you are right you just need your vet to administer a rabies jab and sell you the pet passport ( ours charged £50) also pet must have a chip.

Travelling out by tunnel the pet stays in the Moho and you do nothing. When in France just google vets near you (within your timeframe) pop in or ring and make an appointment the vet in annecy charged me 34 euros and I supplied the tablet (milipro)
Coming home enter the tunnel port, on the right hand side before checking is a yellow building with parking for Moho. You take the pet to have their chip scanned, the their passport is checked you are given a leaflet thing for the windscreen and you proceed in the Moho to normal checkin. Job done!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back